Restoring Wnt/β-catenin Signaling Is A Promising Therapeutic Strategy

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had some minor regrowth and decent thickening from wounding with a post wound topical of 5% minoxidil, 10mg/ml LiCi, and 0.075% capsaicin. No way of telling how much is due to the LiCi of course, but wanted to share.
Aw man I wish u would have tried it with LiCi first! But I'm happy for you.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the adequate dosage with lithium chloride topical?

Buy 99% Lithium Chloride powder (100g) . Measure the powder to get the 10 or 20 milligrams to mix with the 1 mL vehicle, either ethanol or water work.

EDIT: milligrams not grams.

Last edited:

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buy 99% Lithium Chloride powder (100g) . Measure the powder to get the 10 or 20 grams to mix with the 1 mL vehicle, either ethanol or water work.
For others reading this, he means 10mg not grams. Please do not try to put 10 grams of lithium chloride on your hair.

wislow9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From the company website:

SM04690 treatment decreased the expression of Wnts signaling activators and downstream genes, e.g. Wnt3a, Dvl, Axin2, TCF4, TCF7, APC. GSK3β, CyclinD1 etc. as compared to vehicle

SM04690 treatment increased the expression of Wnt pathway inhibitors e.g. DKK1, 2, WIF1 etc. as compared to vehicle.

SM04690 its not related with SM04554
This big company works in several projects

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Correct. I was just curious if any of the other stuff can be added to hair loss treatment

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone an opinion on FK506 ?

Not really. It's an mTOR inhibitor I think. What is your interest in it?

edit: It inhibits TNF-a and IL-1b

Interesting. Are you going to try it? It's actually one of the alternative compounds listed in Follica's patent. It's tempting to use it, but combining this with upregulating Hh and Wnts is a recipe for disaster.

https://www.alldaychemist.com/talimus-01.html $17.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
@pegasus2 What do you think about Samumed an their upcoming treatment?

Minoxidil without the sides. In other words, it won't stop the balding process, but increase the number of hairs on your head so you go bald a couple years later. It's no big leap forward, but maybe in combination with things like wounding it will do more.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in trying gallocyanine (IIIc3) as a dkk1 inhibitor, it's potent, dirt cheap, and soluble in anything. The only problem is that it's not stable in solution so you'll have to make it fresh every day. On the bright side the powder is stable at room temperature for months, so you don't have to take it in and out of the freezer every day. It only takes a couple minutes a day to put a couple ml of minoxidil or stemoxydine in a separate bottle and then shake it up. @whatevr This might be easier for you than making MAP liposomes. It isn't quite as effective a Wnt agonist as WAY-262611, but it's close, and the cost is only around $5/mo. compared with $500/mo. for WAY-262611.

View attachment 142508

https://dev.biologists.org/content/develop/144/20/3819.full.pdf?with-ds=yes
Please update on this, thank you!

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never used it myself. I use estrogen which also inhibits dkk1.
Dkk1 will in turn restore wnt afaik which is sm04554, assuming that dht is increasing dkk-1, wouldn't dkk-1 inhibition would be a workaround? Also, glutathione seems to inhibit dkk-1

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dkk1 will in turn restore wnt afaik which is sm04554, assuming that dht is increasing dkk-1, wouldn't dkk-1 inhibition would be a workaround? Also, glutathione seems to inhibit dkk-1

No, it's a lot more complicated than dht↑>dkk1↑>b-catenin↓>hair loss. Inhibiting dkk1 alone won't restore normal Wnt signalling.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it's a lot more complicated than dht↑>dkk1↑>b-catenin↓>hair loss. Inhibiting dkk1 alone won't restore normal Wnt signalling.
Is there any chart for me to inspect the mechanisms more closely? Not that I can contribute much since most people here figured it out already, however at least I can cooperate somehow

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any chart for me to inspect the mechanisms more closely? Not that I can contribute much since most people here figured it out already, however at least I can cooperate somehow

You want to restore canonical Wnt signalling.
b-catenin destruction complex.png