Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
15438319531623554844659794283518.jpg

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I know Georgie is dermarolling, but doesn't this suggest that the WAY gang are probably going to make their fibrosis worse without up regulating SSH?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I know Georgie is dermarolling, but doesn't this suggest that the WAY gang are probably going to make their fibrosis worse without up regulating SSH?

Nah, that happens when the wound is really deep. Not the type of wounding we are doing.

If you check the study, they cut the poor mouse like 2 cm.

Go_faster_Sonic

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, what is the diameter of the needles you use? A man that works for the original dermaroller company in germany just told me that their needles are 0,12 mm thick at the base and that needles thicker than that or thicker than 0,2 or 0,3 mm con cause scars.
Please Tell me your experience, i need to Buy a dermaroller pretty soon.

igamblesowhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, what is the diameter of the needles you use? A man that works for the original dermaroller company in germany just told me that their needles are 0,12 mm thick at the base and that needles thicker than that or thicker than 0,2 or 0,3 mm con cause scars.
Please Tell me your experience, i need to Buy a dermaroller pretty soon.

I tried derma-rolling originally. It was an awful experience. Quite painful on the scalp, face, body scars, you name it.

I've read in multiple places that derma-rolling gouges the skin rather than pricks it. I don't know the original source of this image, but I found it on SwissTemple's (sadly now defunct) website:
wt9EMYa.jpg

So to continue my story, after a few uses of a derma-roller, I decided to just spend the money and get a derma-stamp. However, those took a month or so to arrive so I figured that so long as I had to wait, why not just upgrade to the best affordable option. As such, I purchased a Derminator 2. It is a much, much better option than derma-rolling. Don't get me wrong, 1.5mm still stings, but if you put an ice pack on your head before you get started, it's better, it heals faster, and if you set this thing on "fast" you are done with your micro-needling session in about 2 minutes tops.

TLDR; Do not get a derma-roller. At the least get a derma-stamp. If you have the means, I suggest getting a Derminator 2 (around 200 USD IIRC) and some extra 12 needle cartridges for the best effect.

Go_faster_Sonic

My Regimen
Reaction score
so you used a dermaroller. perfect: how large were the needles?
how large are the needles of your derminator?
i'd like to buy a dermastamp but i found only cheap, chinese rubbish. i don't want my skin and blood to touch those things.

igamblesowhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
so you used a dermaroller. perfect: how large were the needles?
how large are the needles of your derminator?
i'd like to buy a dermastamp but i found only cheap, chinese rubbish. i don't want my skin and blood to touch those things.

From their website's homepage, near the bottom, specifications:

Needle diameter (all cartridges): 0.15 mm. (38 SWG, 34½ AWG)

FYI, this thing is designed for micro-needling and many people, women in fact, use it on their faces. If it were causing scarring, we would have heard about it by now.

Another consideration is that the dermaroller guy told you < 0.12mm for derma-roller needles... which again, gouge out the skin due to the way they move. Stamps go straight in and out. The Derminator website claims that the needles are in the skin for 1/1000th of a second with each stab of the needles.