Researchers have rejuvenated a 53-year-old woman's skin cells so they are the equivalent of a 23-year-old's.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Researchers have rejuvenated a 53-year-old woman's skin cells so they are the equivalent of a 23-year-old's.
The scientists in Cambridge believe that they can do the same thing with other tissues in the body.
The eventual aim is to develop treatments for age-related diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and neurological disorders.

why this doesn't include Androgenetic Alopecia?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
The scientists in Cambridge believe that they can do the same thing with other tissues in the body.
The eventual aim is to develop treatments for age-related diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and neurological disorders.

male pattern baldness is caused by stress and p**rn and masturbation and bad nutrition, its as simple as that. So dht kills your hair because of these habits.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
All those poor stumptail macaque monkeys jerking off to p**rn, eating nothing but pizzas and smoking pack/day.
Stumptailed macaques go bald as soon as they hit puberty, and they all go bald. They have stronger Androgenetic Alopecia genes. Humans don't go bald until later in life unless they have very strong balding genes, or it is triggered early

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score

Because male pattern baldness has nothing to do with age. It's due to sensitivity to androgens. That's why some men hit norwood 7 at 18.

surfer9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stumptailed macaques go bald as soon as they hit puberty, and they all go bald. They have stronger Androgenetic Alopecia genes. Humans don't go bald until later in life unless they have very strong balding genes, or it is triggered early

I must be more closely related to a Macaque then...

Maybe the men who keep hair all their life are closely related to gorillas.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Epigenetic controls genetics, Androgenetic Alopecia is related to age its just that for some epigenetics triggers at an earlier age. Turn biotechnology is already working on this and they have a program for hair loss, even david Sinclair is working on this but their program is at a preliminary stage.
Thats is so true! People that follow David already know almost the source of all of our problem is the decline of the epigenom , once we manage to reverse and restore it , our hair can return to the teens age . Once epigenom start to decline everything that can kiill the cells will do it like androgens.

Dogchebag

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fixed it for you
Pegasus did you come to this thread only for banter lol. I've been reading about partial nuclear reprogramming and it's very promising however I'm yet to conclude an efficient way this can be achieved. How relevant would you say dna demethylation is in the process? I don't know if you're interested on this topic/ up to date however please let me know your thoughts, if any. Cheers...

Last edited: