Reputation system

Reaction score
Seeing that there is no other section where to post this without being off-topic.

I have taken the liberty of posting here about something that troubles me....

Being a negatively rated user makes all my reviews appearing in a grey colour , thus making most of my positive reviews being mistaken for negative reviews , in view of that colour.

3 users at least were fooled by this system when they've been positively reviewed by me.

could the admin or the mods do something about this please?

like making the ill-reviewed user's positive reviews be as valuable as any other "regular" user?

I am not the only user facing this misunderstanding , I know some guys facing the same reviews retaliations just because of people thinking that they were negged.

I would have gone to some mafia forum if I was wishing to retaliate :wow:

thank you

Reaction score
Hello johneuropa;

Thank you for the kind gesture :)

the ironic part of it is that one user was enough to bring me down.
however I am not here to shame anyone , so I won't disclose his nickname

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
And it comes to exactly this, basically one user (an ex-mental institution patient, who failed in every treatment he tried, basically because his arms grow out of his *** and he's born useless), decides what recommendations are silly or not

Reaction score
fred , who mentioned anything about being the top green user here?

I just want people to stop thinking that I am giving them negative reviews.

it's not about you genuinely giving me bad reviews , I don't give a toss about it.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Yea.. same problem here, I'm giving people thumbs up for good comments and getting back neg. rep on my random posts. 95% of my neg rep. is Fred.

- - - Updated - - -

It's what (true) losing hair in his teens does to a man, but as a NW2 (let me guess, in his 30's?) spending his nights reading theories about how to get women thanks to abstinence (am I right?), you couldn't possibly understand.

..women, women,. everything evolves around women. You flip every debate to women. Like you are in puberty..

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
It's what (true) losing hair in his teens does to a man, but as a NW2 (let me guess, in his 30's?) spending his nights reading theories about how to get women thanks to abstinence (am I right?), you couldn't possibly understand.

When a girl dumps you not because of your hair loss, but because of your hair loss obsession -- yea, I don't get it

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
What does even mean when your rating given is shown as a grey square? Maybe it is grey'd out because it has no effect positive or negative? Good thread though and I will admit, I have looked at my ratings and it does look like I am being screwed over by the same 2 people.

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
I downvoted an absolute garbage post from a guy and him + 3 of his buddies trawled back to find my last forum post (about a month previous, a helpful + informative post) and they all downvoted it. I believe the post I downvoted was like the 10th garbage troll post in a row about finasteride causing peoples' penis to fall off!? I don't pay much attention to the reputation system stuff. There's also a strong bias towards being upvoted if you post super depressing and negative stuff about baldness being the end of your life etc.

I understand that people with bad rep don't have much weight behind the rep they give to others (which I agree with), but the grey square is misleading indeed. I don't think you can make positive rep from bad rep users carry the normal weight though, it would end up with everyone's rep being inflated positively. Some kind of indication whether it was a positive or negative rep would be handy though.

ThatHairStruggle

Established Member
Reaction score
I think this is a good thread because it shows that some users have a negative reputation only because of one person. I'm not afraid to say his name....FREDTHEBELGIAN is a bully and rates against everyone he doesn't agree with even when he is wrong. Personally I don't think he knows a damn thing about male pattern baldness!!! There is nothing wrong with getting a hair transplant...but he knows nothing about actually regrowing hair! I've posted this up once before but I think it is better placed here. I'm in the red mostly because of him.
If anyone cares to rate my post green to help negate the idiocy that is to come from the Belgian.

To be fair: you really are extremely unhelpful and almost always wrong. So I'm not really losing any sleep over your negative reputation rating.

Last edited by a moderator:

eix

Reaction score
Lmao fred is so obnoxious. I'm experiencing the same thing but don't worry about your reputation bar, this isn't bb.com lol. Take your reputation bar as a grain of salt, it doesn't really matter.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Despite his 10 green bars, Fred is the most unhelpful member of HTL. His out of date minoxidil advises are all he has to offer. He is a neddy, self-absorbed duche who compesates his social unadjustment by bullying people on HairLossTalk.com. He brought down the only thread that has proven that hair can be regrown without finasteride or minoxidil. Dozens of members fled HairLossTalk.com, including casperz who has done more for this community than fred ever will.

Its funny how Fred and his pack are always complaining how poorly society treats them, while constantly bullying other members of HairLossTalk.com.

Reaction score
Every great radical step forward is met with resistance. My posts are extremely helpful to those who take them seriously. Too many people are stuck in the old way of thinking. finasteride and dutasteride aren't the only things out there that regrow hair.

quite frankly I find your posts helpful,

especially when you came up with that thread of yours , growing that much hair from an almost slick bald head blew my mind.

when I don't like people's posts , I just don't rate them , and that's it.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's because if you have a neg rep, you can't give "green" despite you voting a post helpful. I guess it's to give weight to the rep given by those with a higher rating. I'd suggest you just put posters you disagree with, on ignore.

resu

Reaction score
Make a comment instead of using the reputation system which I don't use btw, if I agree with someone I make a reply.