Reputation system

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Despite his 10 green bars, Fred is the most unhelpful member of HTL. His out of date minoxidil advises are all he has to offer. He is a neddy, self-absorbed duche who compesates his social unadjustment by bullying people on HairLossTalk.com. He brought down the only thread that has proven that hair can be regrown without finasteride or minoxidil. Dozens of members fled HairLossTalk.com, including casperz who has done more for this community than fred ever will.

Its funny how Fred and his pack are always complaining how poorly society treats them, while constantly bullying other members of HairLossTalk.com.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Its funny how Fred and his pack are always complaining how poorly society treats them, while constantly bullying other members of HairLossTalk.com.

Maybe that's because our idea of support is not being called crazy and delusional. Those of us who truly suffer from hairloss NEED a place like the impact section as a lifeline to VENT all of the frustrations, heartaches and daily struggles of the bald man.... only to come here for support and be met with people like you who tell them it's all in their head and then ever so patronizingly suggest seeking "professional help". Calling real suffers sniveling whiners is not going to make you any friends or garnish any pos reps.

IMO, the rep system balances out the forums from all of the otherwise chaotic useless bullshiat stew of assumptions, misconceptions and inferior coping mechanisms.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe that's because our idea of support is not being called crazy and delusional. Those of us who truly suffer from hairloss NEED a place like the impact section as a lifeline to VENT all of the frustrations, heartaches and daily struggles of the bald man.... only to come here for support and be met with people like you who tell them it's all in their head and then ever so patronizingly suggest seeking "professional help". Calling real suffers sniveling whiners is not going to make you any friends or garnish any pos reps.

IMO, the rep system balances out the forums from all of the otherwise chaotic useless bullshiat stew of assumptions, misconceptions and inferior coping mechanisms.

You must have me confused with someone else.

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
maher, pretty sure that study shows high levels of androgens cause people to masturbate, not the other way around. High DHT/T causes people to masturbate, not people masturbating causes high DHT. You are a moron

It is not even that difficult to read it

I negged you good luck on your 4 red bars

Don't bother I already tried explaining this to him and his little NOFAP buddies in the last god damn NOFAP BS thread. They draw lines to connect dots that aren't even there. The study showed that people with higher levels of androgens orgasmed more on a weekly basis. NOT that orgasming increased the levels of DHT.

He keeps talking about the DHT-masturbation "cycle" and how NOFAP breaks the "cycle". He doesn't possess any critical thinking skills. If his assumptions were true then masturbation-->increases DHT-->more masturbation-->even higher DHT-->etc... until your ****ing head explodes because all you have is pure DHT in your veins.

If this were true 90% of the population would be walking around with horrendous acne, no hair, and punching people on the street every chance they get. Steroids would be unnecessary, the people who jacked off the most would be ripped beasts in the gym.

Like I said, zero critical thinking skills.

Also, I am not sure about this but usually negative reps on other forums I've posted on don't do nearly as much damage as positive reps do in increasing one's reputation. This is, of course, if all other things are equal (meaning someone with the same rep either pos-repping you or negging you.)

As far as I have seen, reputation has been a pretty good marker of how important someone's advice is...for the most part. It also self-regulates well in that getting negged by a jackass with 7 red bars doesn't really affect someone's rep, as it shouldn't.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
[Ridiculous bla-bla-bla omitted to save time]

As far as I have seen, reputation has been a pretty good marker of how important someone's advice is...for the most part.

Yeah, yeah, the fact that on this forum, the biggest reputation is held by a dude who has a "very important advice"
Because there really is no putting yourself out of the misery. Every avenue isn't viable and with no hope in sight. Suicide is the only way out of the misery but I haven't the strength.

(http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/83151-Lets-put-an-end-to-our-misery/page3)

Well, why don't you just follow his advice, if his reputations speaks for himself??

No kidding, guy should be permanently banned, if not arrested and taken to a mental asylum. Imagine here come poor depressed young guys, yah, that's the best advice, telling them that suicide is "the only way out"???
There are well known cases where internet articles or "very good advices" like this cynical Uncomfortable man gives, lead to actual chronically depressed and miserable people commiting suicide.

Oh, and thanks for the "critical thinking skills" example, you made my day, a good laugh. :))))))))))))))))))))))))) Dude, you just don'tr realise how ridiculous and limited you are, and struggling to appear as intelligent, but you're only making fun of yourself...

Later edit: ha-ha-ha, the guy gives me negative rep, with the message "How stupid can you be".
No, my dear, i am not stupid at all. Even if i was, i'd be totally beaten by you, at this chapter.
How ridiculous these guys are...
But enough for today, i'll come tommorow to have some fun again with them and their "critical thinking skills" haha...

maher

Banned
Reaction score

Also, I am not sure about this but usually negative reps on other forums I've posted on don't do nearly as much damage as positive reps do in increasing one's reputation. This is, of course, if all other things are equal (meaning someone with the same rep either pos-repping you or negging you.)

As far as I have seen, reputation has been a pretty good marker of how important someone's advice is...for the most part. It also self-regulates well in that getting negged by a jackass with 7 red bars doesn't really affect someone's rep, as it shouldn't.

You must be very proud- you earned your stripes by bullying people in nofap thread. No one respects you, you're not even loosing your hair. You're a low T paranoid guy with too much time on his hand and some serious finasteride sides going on.

zdm632 is right on this. The guy suggesting:"Suicide is the only way out of the misery" deserves to be banned.

You're blaming society on stereotyping and stigmatization, while you're producing stereotyps daily. joke!

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Despite his 10 green bars, Fred is the most unhelpful member of HTL. His out of date minoxidil advises are all he has to offer. He is a neddy, self-absorbed duche who compesates his social unadjustment by bullying people on HairLossTalk.com. He brought down the only thread that has proven that hair can be regrown without finasteride or minoxidil. Dozens of members fled HairLossTalk.com, including casperz who has done more for this community than fred ever will.

True.

Fred has turned this forum into his personal fiefdom. He ruined some of the last strands of community feeling here (something that few hair loss forums have due to the fast turnover of users) by going after and shutting down the dermarolling threads and discussion just because he personally didn't like the subject matter. Sure, the experiment failed, but we were all sharing our progress (or complete lack of it) up until that point. Now there was no certain 'end', and some of the best users here vanished into who knows where. R.I.P. HairLossTalk.com.

FlopTurnRiver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its funny how Fred and his pack are always complaining how poorly society treats them

The truth of the matter is that society indeed does treat people who suffer from advanced hair loss poorly and Fred is one of those people. It's a fact of life and it's become the unspoken societal norm. It's a complex social matter. Hair loss isn't just losing hairs on your head. The effects of this disease extend across a myriad of life interactions.

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
If this were true 90% of the population would be walking around with horrendous acne, no hair, and punching people on the street every chance they get. Steroids would be unnecessary, the people who jacked off the most would be ripped beasts in the gym.

DHT is deactivated by 3a-HSD in the muscles, it has no effect on muscle growth.
T and DHT interact with AR differently, social sex behavior is governed entirely by T
DHT metabolites are mostly responsible for genital reflexes, hair loss and not much less

Young men = high T, low DHT, low E
Old men = low T, high DHT, medium E

DHT is a hormone which should not be there

With slow ironical clap we thank californiaoceans911 for his masterclass demo

- - - Updated - - -

californiaoceans911 is a glorious beacon of light

The head is spinning from success!

The balder, sorrier and more loathsome this forum's losers are, the more they stick together and masturbate each others reputation bars -- a rule from which science has yet to find an exception

I understand Fred is cadaver -- a person who cannot have it anymore worse than he already does, and I forgive him his caprices, with love like I forgive my dog who craps in the hallway, but what are you doing in this group, other than being completely clueless?

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, the fact that on this forum, the biggest reputation is held by a dude who has a "very important advice"

(http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/83151-Lets-put-an-end-to-our-misery/page3)

Well, why don't you just follow his advice, if his reputations speaks for himself??

No kidding, guy should be permanently banned, if not arrested and taken to a mental asylum. Imagine here come poor depressed young guys, yah, that's the best advice, telling them that suicide is "the only way out"???
There are well known cases where internet articles or "very good advices" like this cynical Uncomfortable man gives, lead to actual chronically depressed and miserable people commiting suicide.

So apparently you didn't understand "for the most part". This is a phrase used in common English to signify that, although exceptions may be found, the statement is generally true. I'm sorry that this was not taught to you, just wanted to clear that up so you don't accidentally sh*t yourself again the next time it's used.

- - - Updated - - -

DHT is deactivated by 3a-HSD in the muscles, it has no effect on muscle growth.
T and DHT interact with AR differently, social sex behavior is governed entirely by T
DHT metabolites are mostly responsible for genital reflexes, hair loss and not much less

Young men = high T, low DHT, low E
Old men = low T, high DHT, medium E

DHT is a hormone which should not be there

Ah I see, you are correct sir. I will happily admit when I have made a mistake. However, this is kinda irrelevant to the point I was making. The point was that if his comments were true, the DHT levels of people who masturbate would spiral to exorbitant levels. Since it would be a cycle that keeps producing more and more DHT. The whole elevelated DHT --> masturbation --> more DHT --> more masturbation theory has a fatal flaw. THAT was the point, and that is why I said that he lacked critical thinking skills.

Critical thinking is different than pure knowledge from source material. You had the knowledge of 3a-HSD in this scenario but you missed the point I was making, which further shows that you don't have critical thinking skills. The point wasn't that people would have rage, the point of the statement was that DHT would skyrocket in that theory. You decided to ignore the point and find a tiny piece of of the phrase that you could break down to try to respond. So congrats on the slow clap but still, the theory is garbage.

With slow ironical clap we thank californiaoceans911 for his masterclass demo

- - - Updated - - -

californiaoceans911 is a glorious beacon of light

The head is spinning from success!

The balder, sorrier and more loathsome this forum's losers are, the more they stick together and masturbate each others reputation bars -- a rule from which science has yet to find an exception

I understand Fred is cadaver -- a person who cannot have it anymore worse than he already does, and I forgive him his caprices, with love like I forgive my dog who craps in the hallway, but what are you doing in this group, other than being completely clueless?

This just further conveys my point that you are, in fact, a loser. Why is it that all the people with **** rep are crying here and everyone else sees the logic in the rep system. Oh right because "everyone is out to get you".... we are all assholes except for you few that are complaining. RIIIIGHT :jackit:

- - - Updated - - -

Fred, you illiterate? I dont have time for this. like you care what that means. you're non-believer. dont have to be a md. for this, persuming you know basics of statistic.

An increase of dihydrotestosterone by about 2 SD
(1.36 nmol/l) was associated with an increase of the
weekly number of orgasms by at least one

Some more maher magic going on here. This is why your reputation sucks bro :)

You take things out of context to support your own cause rather than objectively presenting information. The full quotation lifted from the abstract is:

Results - Serum dihydrotestosterone concentration was the only independent hormonal predictor of the frequency of orgasms; an increase in concentration of 1.36 nmol/l (about 2 SD) corresponded to an average increase of one orgasm per week.

See maher the problem here is that you've misquoted text to mislead people into thinking that higher DHT is associated with an increase of one orgasm per week.

What's really stated by the authors is:

An increase in DHT concentration of 1.36 nmol/l corresponded to an average increase of one orgasm per week.

BOTTOM LINE is that it doesn't go both ways, and you keep pushing that it does but this article proves nothing of the sort. So stop citing it please.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
An increase in DHT concentration of 1.36 nmol/l corresponded to an average increase of one orgasm per week.

BOTTOM LINE is that it doesn't go both ways, and you keep pushing that it does but this article proves nothing of the sort. So stop citing it please.

OMG, shut the **** up already! We've been over this like 5x already, I added another study confirming the raise of androgens after m. Selective memmory! Stop ****ing in the circle.

O yeah, I forgot-this is the only way you get your "rep." You're so useless...

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
OMG, shut the **** up already! We've been over this like 5x already, I added another study confirming the raise of androgens after m. Selective memmory! Stop ****ing in the circle.

O yeah, I forgot-this is the only way you get your "rep." You're so useless...

Second source had nothing to do with masturbation. The words orgasm, ejaculation, or masturbation were not even found in the text:

"Results: We found significantly more dermal mast cells immunoreactive for prostaglandin D-synthase in the vertex compared to the lateral aspects of the scalp, with a decrement that spatially approximated the pattern of androgenetic alopecia. This difference was present in both balding and non-balding scalps and was independent of gender. Dual labeling established dermal cells expressing prostaglandin D-synthase as mast cells"

So what was your point? :jackit:

PS: I get my rep from many sources that find my posts to be helpful. One way they are helpful is by cutting through your bullsh*t arguements that don't have any legs to stand on.

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.menshealth.com/health/prevent-erectile-dysfunction

californiaoceans911, why is that every time I see you in these threads you get buttrammed?
and yet you come back and keep digging your own grave

Not sure what this men's health article has anything to do with me, or me getting buttrammed. You're weird dude. This is why you have crappy rep. You post jibberish and call people name.s

Also, it was not what maher posted, this was his post:

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Second source had nothing to do with masturbation. The words orgasm, ejaculation, or masturbation were not even found in the text:

"Results: We found significantly more dermal mast cells immunoreactive for prostaglandin D-synthase in the vertex compared to the lateral aspects of the scalp, with a decrement that spatially approximated the pattern of androgenetic alopecia. This difference was present in both balding and non-balding scalps and was independent of gender. Dual labeling established dermal cells expressing prostaglandin D-synthase as mast cells"

So what was your point? :jackit:

PS: I get my rep from many sources that find my posts to be helpful. One way they are helpful is by cutting through your bullsh*t arguements that don't have any legs to stand on.

O yeah, thats my bad. Thats about scalp pattering. There is a study erection->PGD. I dont have time to find it now.

Ok, here it is:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12494276

Reaction score
looks like this thread is turning into some nofap battleground.

thank you for the thumbs up 2bald2young and spanishlad , but it seems that the belgian navy have made one hell of a wreck of my ship already with their man'o'war , I didn't catch their commodore's name ... oh it's coming back to me ....I think his name was Fred.

nothing you can do

californiaoceans911

Established Member
Reaction score
O yeah, thats my bad. Thats about scalp pattering. There is a study erection->PGD. I dont have time to find it now.

Ok, here it is:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12494276

Still has nothing to do with masturbation, ejaculation, or orgasm. Irrelevant to your proposed masturbation--> DHT--> masturbation-->DHT theory. Neither publication is relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG.. Where is your MENSA membership card? I wanna hang myself right now.:wow: Whats the point.. The stupidest post I've ever read and then you have a nerve to brag how you negged me. Not just stupid, also illiterate. Read the study.

The more you masturbate, more DHT circulate; the more DHT circulates, the more you masturbate... Its a cycle! By NoFap you "break" the cycle and stop with overproduction of DHT. In unknown amount of time DHT goes back to baseline.

Your buddy Fred also negged me. What Fred? you cant figure out the basics of statistics? you know what SD means? its standard deviation. ring a bell?? Actually its 2SD = 2sigma. What this mean is, that this study is pretty "tight." :D And considering there were 100 test subjects, around same age, similar lifestyle(soldiers) thats not a suprise.

1.36nmol/l >> 2sigma =.(assuming "normal" Gause distribution) = 1.36 +/- 0.028nmol/l .. dispersion of data is pretty low. Almost 95% of sample values were in that range. And thats the statistical mean(average) of increased "step" per at least 1 orgasm weekly.

Now, you probaly know what the normal DHT level,...250-990pg/ml I converte this to n(nano)mol/l >> 1.47nmol/l - 4.7nmol/l.

So, endocrine system is not like linear math model, so you cant just go adding up the number of orgasms weekly, its more complex than that. But to those, who understand where Im going with this, they know what im talking about. Like I said- this study is very tight 1.36nmol/l is anything but neglectable. Its a big thing, actually.. i wonder how come this hasnt resurfaced lot sooner.

LMFAO. This cracks me up. You read it wrong, dude. I can't believe you're belittling Fred for not knowing statistics when this post makes it clear that you didn't even understand what the author said. LOL:uglylol:

maher

Banned
Reaction score
You ever heard of Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) and its role in hairloss??

Still has nothing to do with masturbation, ejaculation, or orgasm. Irrelevant to your proposed masturbation--> DHT--> masturbation-->DHT theory. Neither publication is relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

LMFAO. This cracks me up. You read it wrong, dude. I can't believe you're belittling Fred for not knowing statistics when this post makes it clear that you didn't even understand what the author said. LOL:uglylol:

I'm aware of reciprocity of DHT and masturbation. And statistical data confirms my theory. I'm done arguing with you, you're ****ting in circles. You bore me to death. Reading your posts, I'm questioning education system in US.