replicel vs shisedo fight update 7 words

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair Re-growth RCH-01 – Shiseido is currently funding a second clinical study of RCH-01 (they call it S-DSC) in Japan testing the impact of a series of injections on areas of thinning hair due to androgenetic alopecia. It is expected that this study, if successful, will be the basis for a commercial launch of the product by Shiseido in Japan.

Once the RCI-02 injectors and consumables are available for clinical studies, RepliCel will begin preparations for a phase 2 human clinical trial of RCH-01 outside of Asia (Shiseido's licensed territory) examining both dose and injection frequency for the treatment of hair loss.
Partnership with Shiseido – The disagreement regarding the status of the agreement between Shiseido and RepliCel remains unresolved but is not yet the subject of any litigation or arbitration. RepliCel maintains the agreement remains intact and is communicating with Shiseido its expectation that (a) they deliver to RepliCel the full clinical data set from the recently completed study of RCH-01 in Japan and (b) confirm that their license agreement remains intact without breach. RepliCel reserves the right to take the position that Shiseido's failure to deliver the clinical data from the recently completed clinical study in Shiseido's Territory constitutes a material breach of contract. Based on legal advice, management believes that now is the right time to proactively bring the disagreement to a resolution and will proceed accordingly.

We should arbitrate this matter for them

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's funny, I was just wondering what happened to the Shiseido/Replicel clinical study from several years ago . I thought this study didn't work out. I hope this comes together for the benefit of all of us.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They were published and slightly disappointing yes. Shiseido is doing another trial covering larger areas and repeat injections now.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well the announcement I shared is very recent. So there must be some other data out there.
Sad that Replicel is now focus on selling injectors instead of injections.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally am somewhat optimistic still about Shiseido. Their first clinical trial results weren't great but at least they carried them out and that was just a single dose to test safety and whether it can potentially do anything, and they've shown that it's safe and can potentially maintain at a minimum, which is something nothing else can do at the moment. If they can actually show reliable maintenance and perhaps even regrowth with multiple injections, they definitely have the resources to commercialize.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't given up either, especially if this sort of therapy can take cues from Tsuji's research in terms of maintaining inductivity with the right culture medium constituents.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 192