Replicel Update - Oct. 22, 2014 Presentation

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
David Hall just released some NICE news about Replicel:

[video=youtube;GS3MEz7BglM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS3MEz7BglM[/video]

Pay close attention to what David Hall says at 4:45;

'As you will know in two weeks when the regulations come out what the new japanese rules are, but sufficed it to say that it's expected that you'll be able to prove safety and then once you've established that safety and your comfortable with your dose, you can go sell the program'

Awesome, awesome AWESOME news. If they can at least HALT further loss, this is huge for lower norwoods.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
wow, HLF should have its base in Japan!

but really this is big news, how are they dealing with the regulations and such, he seems convincing on how near we're getting.

edit: oh, there are more trials to come. guess this will take some time :sad:

gravesen

Established Member
Reaction score
David Hall just released some NICE news about Replicel:

[video=youtube;GS3MEz7BglM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS3MEz7BglM[/video]

Pay close attention to what David Hall says at 4:45;

'As you will know in two weeks when the regulations come out what the new japanese rules are, but sufficed it to say that it's expected that you'll be able to prove safety and then once you've established that safety and your comfortable with your dose, you can go sell the program'

Awesome, awesome AWESOME news. If they can at least HALT further loss, this is huge for lower norwoods.

Big **** deal, there is already Propecia for that.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Big **** deal, there is already Propecia for that.

LOL @ propecia. The stuff is garbage and its side effects are worse than its benefits. Replicel trumps Propecia on so many levels.

rambo007

Reaction score

How come? RepliCel isn't supposed to halt further loss (maintain existing hair) but to grow new hair.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
How come? RepliCel isn't supposed to halt further loss (maintain existing hair) but to grow new hair.

It's supposed to revive old follicles and induce new follicles, but theres no indication that it can halt further miniaturization. There were reports that Aderans halted further loss and Histogen is capable of maintaining and still growing hair after 1 year from just one set of injections. It's not crazy to think that injection of DSC cells will do the same... I hope it does.

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
Just like to take a few seconds to say thank you for updating us lurkers with this, Hellouser.

Interesting future ahead.

gravesen

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL @ propecia. The stuff is garbage and its side effects are worse than its benefits. Replicel trumps Propecia on so many levels.

First of all, you're not even sure of that, wait for the safety/efficacy results.

Then again, even that won't be enough to proove that it's better than Propecia if it's just about maintaining. Should i reming you that Propecia have also good safety/efficacy results for maintaining ? Who assures you after Replice goes to the market that we won't have lot of people complaining of secondary effects and saying that the "2% or 3% or 4% risk is undervalued" ?

Anyway, lower Norwood have already many options : Propecia, hair transplant etc. It's those like us over Norwood 3 who don't have options.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, you're not even sure of that, wait for the safety/efficacy results.

Then again, even that won't be enough to proove that it's better than Propecia if it's just abount maintaining. Should i reming you that Propecia have also good safety/efficacy results for maintaining ? Who assures you after Replice goes to the market that we won't have lot of people complaining of secondary effects and saying that the "2% or 3% or 4% risk is undervalued" ?

Anyway, lower Norwood have already many options : Propecia, hair transplant etc. It's those like us over Norwood 3 who don't have options.

Please refrain from advertising propecia in THIS thread. Nobody needs to hear about this archaic dick poisonous pill. This is the new research forum category, not stone age options forum.

gravesen

Established Member
Reaction score
Please refrain from stating as facts what is pure speculation and advertising for a product that haven't even started the important part of the trial. This is the new research category, not snake oil and wishful thinking options forum.

Of course a product that isn't even in the market is way more sure than a product in the market.

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score
Just like to take a few seconds to say thank you for updating us lurkers with this, Hellouser.

Interesting future ahead.

I second this, thank you Hellouser for posting these interesting videos. As a scientist I find this information fascinating even if it wasn't to do with Androgenetic Alopecia. As to the poster who says these treatments are like propecia - You are in the category of people on this forum who likes to moan and even if everything was going right you still would love to complain! Propecia is a drug which changes the quantities of hormones to an abnormal level in healthy adult males. These are regenerative technologies with no side effects. Drugs should always be a last resort.

TheShining

Established Member
Reaction score
In the phase I study only 63% of the participants did resoond (see at 9:50). Is not that too little for us to be happy and hopeful?

gravesen

Established Member
Reaction score
I second this, thank you Hellouser for posting these interesting videos. As a scientist I find this information fascinating even if it wasn't to do with Androgenetic Alopecia. As to the poster who says these treatments are like propecia - You are in the category of people on this forum who likes to moan and even if everything was going right you still would love to complain! Propecia is a drug which changes the quantities of hormones to an abnormal level in healthy adult males. These are regenerative technologies with no side effects. Drugs should always be a last resort.

What the hell ? You arbitrarily libelled me in the category of people who just likes to moan, playing (awfully) armchair psychiatrist, to just start moaning about propecia in the next sentence. Are you kidding me ?

Hellrouser said that it's a good news for those in the lower norwoods, i said that those in the lower Norwoods at least have options, did i say that those options are perfect ? No. Do they work to some extent ? Yes. It is us Norwood3+ that are screwed so if this treatment helps only for maintaining excuse me for not being awed.

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score
What the hell ? You arbitrarily libelled me in the category of people who just likes to moan, playing (awfully) armchair psychiatrist, to just start moaning about propecia in the next sentence. Are you kidding me ?

Hellrouser said that it's a good news for those in the lower norwoods, i said that those in the lower Norwoods at least have options, did i say that those options are perfect ? No. Do they work to some extent ? Yes. It is us Norwood3+ that are screwed so if this treatment helps only for maintaining excuse me for not being awed.

Prodcuts like Histogen will turn a NW7 to a NW1. Replicel from my understanding could potentially generate new follicles but one thing is for sure it will increase the density of your hair. So combined with hair transplants one will be in a better situation they found themselves in before with NO DRUGS.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what we get, ANYTHING is better than nothing. No more snake oils.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Extracting the most important points from the interview that Kid_A posted:
[T]he outcome is [...] to simply change the outcome of pattern baldness. [...] [T]he back of your head has hair follicles that are completely androgen insensitive, so we’re taking those cells – the cells from those follicles, it’s a single maybe two suture punch biopsy, and isolating those androgen-insensitive cells, and making them into millions, and then injecting them back up into the scalp. [...] So if we get the right dose, which is what we’re doing right now, and you have to get the right frequency, in other words do you have to take more than one injection – then the logical conclusion is that you get a complete serial conversion to a healthy hair follicle which you had when you were younger. And that’s kind of the goal. And it makes sense scientifically, but the challenge is you’ve got to figure out the dose and frequency, and that’s just a matter of trying.
[...]
f it works, then it’s a cure. I mean you no longer have cells that are affected by androgen running in your hair follicle on top of your head. So that is a permanent solution. It’s not like you’re taking a drug, which basically juices the performance of what cells are left, but it doesn’t actually change the inevitable outcome. We’re changing, we’re going to reverse and change the inevitable outcome, so those hair follicles no longer are compromised by androgen. That is the goal, and as I said it’s a matter of dose, and frequency that we’re trying to figure out between ourselves and Shiseido.

Makes me very optimistic. Question is, again, time of availability. As I've explained a few times before, even after initial availability in Japan the number of doctors that can perform this is going to be extremely limited and they can only treat a couple of thousand people per year during the first one or two years. But there will be much, much more than only a few thousand people who will want to receive this treatment.

su1cide

Reaction score
Thank you Hellouser. Very hopeful and would not have found out about this another way.

Not everybody can use Propecia. I'm one of them, so this is good news for me.

Fbalding84

Established Member
Reaction score
$3,000-$5,000 for the tendonosis treatment in which the method of treatment is VERY similar as the male pattern baldness treatment. That's good news.

I would gladly pay 3-4x times that amount for a cure without thinking twice