RepliCel Terminates License Agreement with Shiseido

br1

Reaction score
Received this update today, from Replicel:

RCH-01

Arbitration with Shiseido – On October 18, 2021 RepliCel filed an arbitration claim seeking Shiseido’s return of the license and all collaboration data and innovations related to its cell therapy treatment for male and female pattern hair loss. On December 21, 2021 the Company announced it had legally terminated the Agreement with Shiseido. RepliCel and Shiseido have submitted their Statement of Claim and Statement of Defense, respectively. A round of procedural orders in November culminated in a Hearing date having been set for May 29, 2023; a ruling from the tribunal is expected by or before Q4 2023. The company continues to be represented by top international law firm, Aceris Law, and outstanding legal advisors. “With an excellent legal team, a positive resolution to the ongoing proceedings with Shiseido remain a top priority for the company,” Schutte stated.

RCH-01 in Japan – With our understanding of the ASRM regulations in Japan, coupled with the clinical results to date, we believe the product has the necessary clinical and safety profile to pass regulatory clearance. We are preparing for all eventualities in Japan.

RCH-01 Offshore Strategy– RepliCel is progressing the commercialization of RCH-01 and intends to partner with clinics in regions adjacent to the United States. “We believe RCH-01 represents the first major step forward in the treatment for hair loss in nearly a quarter of a century,” Schutte stated. RepliCel has a strong commitment to upholding clinical and manufacturing standards, and fully intends to have third party validation. As agreements materialize, we will update the market accordingly.

RCH-01 in Europe and the United States – RepliCel remains committed to launching RCH-01 in the United States and Europe. Once the ongoing litigation with Shiseido is resolved, RepliCel intends to begin developing the infrastructure to launch next phase clinical trials in the U.S and/or Europe as finances, synergies, and regulatory frameworks permit. “The company remains committed to launching next phase clinical trials in the U.S and Europe at the earliest opportune time,” Schutte stated. “We are eager to incorporate research and development findings into our next phase clinical trials.”

br1

Reaction score
Keep your Finasteride on check - keep your hair until this comes out for a boost.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, Follica still has a month to start their next round of clinical trials (I'm not holding my breath). Most of these companies never live up to their claims. Frustrating.

Last edited:

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Big lol. I read stuff from Replicel since....2012.......
We're comming guyys......We're comming...... Ha Ha Ha No such pictures with regrowth : Nothing !
I think that Replicel technology is outdated today compared to other companies. But, DermaPrecise has a sense. It makes very big difference how you deliver cells into the body.

Stem cell/iPSCs, 3D/4D bioprinting tissues, organoids, CRISPR-Cas9 improved tremendously last couple of years. They are the future.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
shiseido researchers are still working on the cup cell treatment. they published a paper last year that tried to identify markers for good response however I think they found none. but considering that the recent insight into the importance of the dermal sheath they idea is not bad at all but there are some mythological things wrong with it. e.g the cells might not integrate themselves into the DP but instead they just provide some signaling on their own. if the second method of action is true which it seems like to me, then replaces treatment was nothing more than a bit more science driven PRP. thats also why it does not last. the actual underlying things at play are much more complicated and its not a matter of shoving more clinical trials down the ***, it requires a fundamentally better understanding. so it'll be 10 years or more until a cell based regenerative therapy can be successful

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Somehow we can create vaccines against covid or other diseases within months.
Yet no cure/vaccine for baldness?

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Big lol. I read stuff from Replicel since....2012.......
We're comming guyys......We're comming...... Ha Ha Ha No such pictures with regrowth : Nothing !
Similar to Follica. Cotsuckarelis should be smacked with a BBC across his face.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Replicel has been around for decades. It has always been a B-list outfit. IMO the baldness community pays them a lot more attention that they are worth.
They were among the first ones focusing on hair loss market. My opinion is that their technology is outdated today with limited potentional.