Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was wondering why people are worried that the upcoming data might disappoint? Didn't they already show in their phase 1 results that it provides ''long term'' maintenance with minimal regrowth? Is that not enough for most people? Because I would sacrifice my firstborn for long term (sideless) maintenance.

Phase 1 results were not hugely impressive, but there was a statistical improvement. However, phase 1 was primarily to demonstrate safety.

Phase 2 results, according to an email recieved by a member here from someone at the Tokyo Medical Hospital where the RCH studies are taking place; are set to be released in July.

Considering that they will have altered # of injections and other variables, we are all hoping for greater results than phase 1.

A side-less maintenance treatment would be fantastic for those with Norwood 3-4 patterns. However those that are Norwood 5-6 would likely not benefit much.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Phase 1 results were not hugely impressive, but there was a statistical improvement. However, phase 1 was primarily to demonstrate safety.

Phase 2 results, according to an email recieved by a member here from someone at the Tokyo Medical Hospital where the RCH studies are taking place; are set to be released in July.

Considering that they will have altered # of injections and other variables, we are all hoping for greater results than phase 1.

A side-less maintenance treatment would be fantastic for those with Norwood 3-4 patterns. However those that are Norwood 5-6 would likely not benefit much.

Maintenance for 24 months with slight regrowth is quite impressive to me. But yeah, if you are NW5+ this won't really help. But anything below that you just need a hair transplant and you'll be a fullhead again in no time.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Maintenance for 24 months with slight regrowth is quite impressive to me. But yeah, if you are NW5+ this won't really help. But anything below that you just need a hair transplant and you'll be a fullhead again in no time.

That'd be a life saver for me. Slight regrowth would leave me in a perfect state and all I'd have to do is go get an injection every 24 months. Forget minoxidil everyday, forget finasteride.
1000$ every other year? Shut up and take my money

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was wondering why people are worried that the upcoming data might disappoint? Didn't they already show in their phase 1 results that it provides ''long term'' maintenance with minimal regrowth? Is that not enough for most people? Because I would sacrifice my firstborn for long term (sideless) maintenance.

lol imagine having such an egocentric view that what you want is what everybody needs and should be happy with.

We need some treatments that do more than just finasteride does after 30 years after its release, don't you think?

Phase I was a disappointment for me personally because at the beginning RCH-01 was promised as something that can regrow even higher norwoords.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol imagine having such an egocentric view that what you want is what everybody needs and should be happy with.

We need some treatments that do more than just finasteride does after 30 years after its release, don't you think?

Phase I was a disappointment for me personally because at the beginning RCH-01 was promised as something that can regrow even higher norwoords.

Wow dude don't get your panties in at twist, I was just speaking my mind. RCH-01 will already be miles better than finasteride by not having to worry about potential life ruining side effects, whilst offering some regrowth as well. But Follica will offer alot more of it, which should help higher norwoods.

Also, I always thought that since you are on the big 3 that maintenance with slight regrowth would be enough for you?

Last edited:

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would that be "side-less" ?? It was never said that it can only regrow the scalp. Also, there are plenty of completely bald women who probably have hopes in RCH01 too

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score

I know people like to throw out comments like this, because on paper it looks great. Honest question though... How many people here can honestly afford to spend the money, and time off work it would take to go to japan and have this therapy done every two years plus get a transplant? I would guess maybe 1 in 10 actually would? I just don’t get how this realistically helps anyone other than the Japanese for now even when it does get released?

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know people like to throw out comments like this, because on paper it looks great. Honest question though... How many people here can honestly afford to spend the money, and time off work it would take to go to japan and have this therapy done every two years plus get a transplant? I would guess maybe 1 in 10 actually would? I just don’t get how this realistically helps anyone other than the Japanese for now even when it does get released?

Fortunately we live in a free market society where there are an infinite number of ways to make some extra coin if you really want this treatment when it first comes out. Or, you can just wait a few years until it comes to North America (and if it is a success, it will; the hollywood elite suffering from hairloss will be all over this sh*t).

If you are unable to afford a hair transplant + $1000 every couple years for treatment then you have bigger things to worry about than hairloss.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Fortunately we live in a free market society where there are an infinite number of ways to make some extra coin if you really want this treatment when it first comes out. Or, you can just wait a few years until it comes to North America (and if it is a success, it will; the hollywood elite suffering from hairloss will be all over this sh*t).

If you are unable to afford a hair transplant + $1000 every couple years for treatment then you have bigger things to worry about than hairloss.

If you think all you need to do is set aside $1k every couple years for a round trip flight to japan, 3+ day stay, and to get this treatment done you may have bigger things to worry about as well, like possibly finding a publisher for your infinite number of ways to make more coin book... A good hair transplant will cost you unless you’re on the 2+ year wait list for someone halfway decent in turkey. The reality is anyone can talk a big game, but when it comes right down to it, I’m curious how many will actually walk it.

There are a lot more things that could prevent this other than money as well. That was in reference to the younger crowd who likely may not have much saved up. Let’s move on to the older crowd with kids, and a job that doesn’t let you off at 5 with a round of applause, and a gold star sticker for your hustle that day.

Love for this to happen, and I would definitely be seeing how I can make it work, but like I said I am curious how many people will in fact actually walk the walk.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you think all you need to do is set aside $1k every couple years for a round trip flight to japan, 3+ day stay, and to get this treatment done you may have bigger things to worry about as well, like possibly finding a publisher for your infinite number of ways to make more coin book... A good hair transplant will cost you unless you’re on the 2+ year wait list for someone halfway decent in turkey. The reality is anyone can talk a big game, but when it comes right down to it, I’m curious how many will actually walk it.

There are a lot more things that could prevent this other than money as well. That was in reference to the younger crowd who likely may not have much saved up. Let’s move on to the older crowd with kids, and a job that doesn’t let you off at 5 with a round of applause, and a gold star sticker for your hustle that day.

Love for this to happen, and I would definitely be seeing how I can make it work, but like I said I am curious how many people will in fact actually walk the walk.

If you are part of the older crowds (40+) with kids, you really shouldn't worry that much about balding. You'll have better things to spend time and money on than your hair. But I am 20 and already have enough saved, other people around my age could just get a loan or use the big 3 until they're able to afford it.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it can be a bust as well

Can't see it becoming a bust if they already proved with one injection that it provides maintenance with slight regrowth. So it's not unreasonable to belief that multiple optimized injections would provide even more regrowth.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are part of the older crowds (40+) with kids, you really shouldn't worry that much about balding. You'll have better things to spend time and money on than your hair. But I am 20 and already have enough saved, other people around my age could just get a loan or use the big 3 until they're able to afford it.

I’m not in the 40+ crowd, but just out of curiosity why in the world would you think there’s an age people essentially give up on life, and quit caring about their appearance?

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
its not that they stop caring but you realize that its probably not that important and worth making such a fuss out of it. some people genuinely don't care and never have, you'd have to see what kind of people are running around everyday, their hair at times looks completely fucked. and if you talk to them about it they don't even know what you mean. it has never come to them that it has an effect on their appearance. and 40+ is actually really old, thats a time where there is almost no social repercussions

this forum in general does not do a good job in representing the average balding man. OF COURSE. this forum is a selection of a bunch of people who care more about it than anybody else

Agreed, but if there is a 40 year old aware of sheisido, it’s likely they’re a regular hair forum visitor. That being said it’s extremely likely they haven’t stopped caring about their appearance. Regardless that doesn’t matter I’m genuinely curious how many of us will actually commit to it. I was just considering my own likelihood, and I’m just not sure how reasonable it would be for me to leave my family, work, etc to get a maintenance treatment. I know the knee jerk reaction is to say I’d do it, but I wonder how many will. All a lot of people need to do to improve their appearance is go to the gym, but how many here actually regularly go, and all that takes is $10/month and an hour a day.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't see it becoming a bust if they already proved with one injection that it provides maintenance with slight regrowth. So it's not unreasonable to belief that multiple optimized injections would provide even more regrowth.

Will the maintenance last over a longer period of time? Is it truly free of side-effects? Will the cost indeed be just $1000? Will it be available to foreigners? And of course, when will it be released?

Still many questions before we can book a flight to Tokyo.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
for my age its terrible. my hair is like that of someone 20 years older. people often think im 30 even tho im so short

Bro I’m not going to pretend like I know what anyone is going through. What balding can do to one’s confidence may not do to another. I’m not trying to criticize you either, I’m simply saying even working out at home can positively impact one’s image, and I would guess a few in here claiming to be willing to fork out 20k tomorrow if this works aren’t even doing that. I’ve been in here for almost 15 years, I’m 33, and married with kids. Image, or the desire to maintain my image hasn’t changed even a little for me. I don’t see it changing either. I would love to utilize a cure, but this may not be one. I just can’t help but wonder why in the name of all that is holy there are people claiming to be willing to take out a loan to get this treatment for maintainable plus a hair transplant when they refuse to do little things now that can help.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nordwood 2 but thinning in a Norwood 5 pattern especially on the crown. I can style it in a way that I look NW1 especially if i get a good haircut. maintenance would be enough for me at this point especially since i could easily afford a transplant. thats why I hope for rch-01 coming out in the next 2 years

Two years might be too much for your hair especially as a diffuse thinner without treatments.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nordwood 2 but thinning in a Norwood 5 pattern especially on the crown. I can style it in a way that I look NW1 especially if i get a good haircut. maintenance would be enough for me at this point especially since i could easily afford a transplant. thats why I hope for rch-01 coming out in the next 2 years

Is your hairline dense enough to rock a backwards hat?

I’ve got no crown thinning but almost at a NW3 hairline - and very fine hair. Maintenance treatment and a hair transplant is what I need.