Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So let me get this straight:

The government cares about public health. That's why they give us the option of shooting ourselves up with heroin at SISs, smoking, clogging our arteries with burgers, etc. with no interference, but we ALL must get ourselves shot up with mystery substances so we don't make OTHER people sick or else you'll be financially and socially punished? I mean, think of the children! They care about children so much, that their parents are allowed to have the choice to let their kids live on sh*t food and video games or just abort tens of millions of them before it ever gets to that point.

The current, globalist establishment dgaf about you, your family or their health, dude. They care about $ and nothing else. Do you not see how misplaced the "choices" are?

Further, yeah, it's not in a company's interest for you to need multiple treatments.

That's why Iphones are built to last, right? That's why they keep making newer (and worse) iterations of Windows? That's why everyone still uses straight razors instead of disposable? That's why the pharmaceutical industry wants to put everything in a pill taken once daily until the end of time? That's why Aderan's shareholders voted to scrap the RCH-01 before RCH-01 despite having a working product for maintenance?

I didn't say this will be the case for RCH-01 though, just gave you a counter example
Now deal with it

wc5269

My Regimen
Reaction score
I forgot just how ridiculous people on here can be.

This is not rocket science, people; this is just basic business: You want to sell to as many customers as possible, and have their repeat business as much as possible.

Selling to a couple hundred thousand or couple million people is better than nobody. Outside of JNJ, there isn’t a single major player in Pharma selling a hair loss drug.

First off: This treatment will first launch in markets which have advanced-age populations and negative birth rates. This means that MOST of the market, by far, are already going to be men with hairloss.

Even if you have hair loss RCH-01 has value. You stop the hair loss with RCH-01, then you fill it out with a hair transplant. hair transplant surgeons often require their patients to be on finasteride after treatment, RCH-01 seems like a logical replacement for that.

Second: It is not going to be the case that the majority of the population will receive RCH-01, no matter how much you dream about it.

It still has the potential to be a billion dollar a year drug easily.

But even disregarding point 2, the fact is these companies require repeat customers to survive just like everyone else. A hairloss treatment that is only really good on people with most of their hair is NOT as desirable, nor will it be as financially successful as one that can grow brand new hair, can treat multiple hair disorders, and many patients will require several treatments — just like transplants.

These companies clearly don’t require repeat hair loss customers to survive. In fact, almost all of them currently have zero hair loss customers and they’re doing just fine. You’re not wrong, they’d obviously rather sell you a pill indefinitely. But at the end of the day that doesn’t matter. Some company would still develop it. There’s still money to be made even if it’s not the most possible. Hair loss clinical trials are one of the simplest and most affordable to conduct in the industry. Even if sales were not even projected to top 500 million per year, it would still be worthwhile to develop for some Pharma company.

Just like how there is no serious push to stop people from getting cancer or diabetes in the first place, there will be no serious push to prevent people from going bald; I guarantee you there will be less.

Pharmaceutical companies and the like are not interested in prevention; they make money off developing cures and treatments — that is their job.

They’re called vaccines dude holy sh*t. The pharmaceutical industry literally cured you of multiple diseases hours after you were born.

And you keep acting like the pharmaceutical industry is a single entity. Anyone can start a pharmaceutical with a couple of hundred million dollars. The cures for for cancer will be discovered in academic labs by research scientists. If big Pharma doesn’t want to work on their cure, venture capalist definitely will. They’ll start their own company, make their billions, and f*** the rest of the industry. That’s how this sh*t works dude. There’s no conspiracy. If there is money to be made, someone is going to come in and make that money.

Last edited:

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pharmaceutical companies and the like are not interested in prevention; they make money off developing cures and treatments — that is their job.

You make a good point regarding hair loss industry. and more when prevention is not very difficult.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I forgot just how ridiculous people on here can be.

This is not rocket science, people; this is just basic business: You want to sell to as many customers as possible, and have their repeat business as much as possible.

First off: This treatment will first launch in markets which have advanced-age populations and negative birth rates. This means that MOST of the market, by far, are already going to be men with hairloss.

Second: It is not going to be the case that the majority of the population will receive RCH-01, no matter how much you dream about it.

But even disregarding point 2, the fact is these companies require repeat customers to survive just like everyone else. A hairloss treatment that is only really good on people with most of their hair is NOT as desirable, nor will it be as financially successful as one that can grow brand new hair, can treat multiple hair disorders, and many patients will require several treatments — just like transplants.

I guarantee you, that when this thing comes out, L'oreal will have sold more Shampoo and made more money doing so in a month, than RCH-01 will in a year.

Just like how there is no serious push to stop people from getting cancer or diabetes in the first place, there will be no serious push to prevent people from going bald; I guarantee you there will be less.

I’m just not sure that repeat customers are a big part of every business model. The most profitable treatment in this market is hair transplants, and I’d venture to say that a healthy majority of guys who get them done are not going back for seconds. Not splitting a surgery up into two separate procedures, rather getting one, losing more hair and going back for another. I’m sure the surgeons are happy to oblige when this happens even if it’s obviously a fruitless endeavor on the customers part since it means he hasn’t stabilized his loss. And those surgeons are doing just fine reaching new clientele and having them pay out the *** for a relatively simple procedure. I don’t think that plastic surgeons bank on repeat customers to stay in business either. They have them, obviously, but they don’t need them “to survive” like you suggest. I can think of few other companies in specific niches that fit this description as well.

All I was getting at is that the biggest factors by far for the lack of current efficacious hair loss treatments is lack of funding and lack of knowledge / scientific hurdles. I never intended to imply that a company would take a vaccine-like approach to hairloss, because I realize that it’s not a serious enough issue for people to address until they’ve experienced it. But a one time treatment that can still bring NW5s back from the follicular graveyard is still a multi billion dollar endeavor IMO - if the price point is right.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you are talking SO much sh*t. just look at how you started this thread. you say ahriloss is urgent because people with hairloss have a higher chance of getting prostate cancer. see the logic error here?? first of all, are you insane?? not a big government push to cure people with cancer and diabetes? are you f*****g serious? cancer research is the highest funded branch of medicine out there and yes, also lots of public funding. there is a massive effort to treat cancer and to stop them from getting it. from health agencies banning cancerous sh*t to public advocacy, taxes on cancer inducing compounds and investment in research. you have the world view of child, a company that develops a treatment for hairloss won't stop it in its tracks just because as you say it would be a prevention or a treatment instead of a cure lol... the science does what the science does. also if YOU are the only competitor then YOU want to be the one developing it because you can make more money even though it's a prevention treatment.

and would you elaborate on why the majority of the population won't be able to get rch-01? is that another thing you pulled out of your *** and totally made up? ridiculous your analysis respectfully

You are delusional and apparently can't read. A hairloss cure isn't going to stop people from getting prostate cancer; it's an indicator that hairloss should be taken more serious, as it is correlated with increased risk of prostate cancer and heart disease.

One company already had a product that could stop hairloss; they shelved it. So right away you're whole "Oh, they wouldn't do that..." is demonstrably incorrect.

This is so insanely simple I can't believe I have to explain: The pharmaceutical industry exists to develop treatments and cures. You getting the disease in the first place is how they stay in business.

These businesses are not interested in prevention and thereby products that negate the risk entirely. RepliCel and Shiseido do seem to intend to release this despite that, but that is beside the point we are arguing.

The next thing is you say "Why wouldn't the majority of the population be able to get", I didn't say they wouldn't be "able" to get. This is your piss-poor reading ability at work again. The majority won't get it, because they don't care about it. I know that's an incomprehensible idea to most people here, but it's the truth. Swoop had linked some years ago on here market research by PureTech that found the reason most people didn't use finasteride, minoxidil or transplants wasn't because of "side effects" and sh*t. It's because they either A) Are dissatisfied with the lack of regrowth, or B) Didn't know it existed in the first place.

Deal with it.

I’m just not sure that repeat customers are a big part of every business model. The most profitable treatment in this market is hair transplants, and I’d venture to say that a healthy majority of guys who get them done are not going back for seconds. Not splitting a surgery up into two separate procedures, rather getting one, losing more hair and going back for another. I’m sure the surgeons are happy to oblige when this happens even if it’s obviously a fruitless endeavor on the customers part since it means he hasn’t stabilized his loss. And those surgeons are doing just fine reaching new clientele and having them pay out the *** for a relatively simple procedure. I don’t think that plastic surgeons bank on repeat customers to stay in business either. They have them, obviously, but they don’t need them “to survive” like you suggest. I can think of few other companies in specific niches that fit this description as well.

All I was getting at is that the biggest factors by far for the lack of current efficacious hair loss treatments is lack of funding and lack of knowledge / scientific hurdles. I never intended to imply that a company would take a vaccine-like approach to hairloss, because I realize that it’s not a serious enough issue for people to address until they’ve experienced it. But a one time treatment that can still bring NW5s back from the follicular graveyard is still a multi billion dollar endeavor IMO - if the price point is right.

Almost every person I'm aware of on these forums who has had a transplant has had more than one.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
and what was that ONE COMPANY?? no company had a product that could stop hairless other than finasteride period. and that where you fail. say I am a different company and i want to get some of that market share. AND i have the cure lets say. then i am going to market it. i don't give a sh*t that i could earn more when permanent treatments because i can't get into hat market. because i don't have a product and they are already established. so i yield as high as i can to get some of that market share.e because competition.

Aderans. Yet again, you fail to read anything that the person you're arguing with says.

"You getting the disease in the first place is how they stay in business." this is a i have explained completely ridiculous. imagine you are a start up and you discover the cure for a disease. are you not going to market it? what will happen if you don't patent it? so you will patent it. then why not market it? if you don't you don't earn anything. if you do you get some. thats exactly whats happening with sheisdo and tsuji. maybe you are right, merck wouldn't do more research into a cure. maybe? because if something better comes out like CB their sales are dead. and it's a growing market so you want some.

"You only have business if you have a disease to treat" = "Completely ridiculous" to you? Really?

Further this is a strawman. Nobody said they wouldn't market a cure for a disease.

The argument is that they don't care to prevent the disease. I could explain this to a five-year-old and they'd get it. You, presumably, are older and can't seem to wrap your brain around it.

RCH-01 is not a cure. A majority of the population will find little use for a purely maintenance-based treatment. They don't now. It is only able to treat Androgenetic Alopecia, is not going to be mandatory, many may not be able or willing to spend the money on it, and many just simply won't care.

Tsuji will be more profitable. Shampoo is more profitable. Repeat customers, more expensive, greater market-demand. This is not difficult to understand.

Not exactly a representative sample size. These are the most hairloss obsessed people on the planet and there’s like 20 of us..

Uh huh. Most people who've lost a good amount of hair, have good donor, and want to recover a large amount will rarely be able to pay all at once.

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aderans. Yet again, you fail to read anything that the person you're arguing with says.

"You only have business if you have a disease to treat" = "Completely ridiculous" to you? Really?

Further this is a strawman. Nobody said they wouldn't market a cure for a disease.

The argument is that they don't care to prevent the disease. I could explain this to a five-year-old and they'd get it. You, presumably, are older and can't seem to wrap your brain around it.

RCH-01 is not a cure. A majority of the population will find little use for a purely maintenance-based treatment. They don't now. It is only able to treat Androgenetic Alopecia, is not going to be mandatory, many may not be able or willing to spend the money on it, and many just simply won't care.

Tsuji will be more profitable. Shampoo is more profitable. Repeat customers, more expensive, greater market-demand. This is not difficult to understand.

Uh huh. Most people who've lost a good amount of hair, have good donor, and want to recover a large amount will rarely be able to pay all at once.

sorry but you're wrong here. what does hair loss prevention even mean? first you say a maintenance treatment is no good, then you say they don't care to prevent the disease. well if someone who has a full head of hair keeps taking a maintenance treatment, how would that not equate to hair loss prevention?

stop with the half baked pseudoscience conspiracy theories please

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This forum has hit new levels of stupid since I've been active here.

sorry but you're wrong here. what does hair loss prevention even mean? first you say a maintenance treatment is no good, then you say they don't care to prevent the disease. well if someone who has a full head of hair keeps taking a maintenance treatment, how would that not equate to hair loss prevention?

stop with the half baked pseudoscience conspiracy theories please

exactly. say for example a company has a way to immunize hair follicles against andorens. thats a cure. you might also call it prevention but thats just semantics

The initial quote that kicked off this conversation was this:

Ultimately the long term money is in maintenance rather than regrowth.

No. It isn't.

There is nothing in business, anywhere, in any industry, where this is true.

If this were the case, finasteride would be a smash hit. Instead, it's largely a commercial failure and most people don't even know it exists. I've told on here many times about how it took me 3 doctors before one said "you could try these pills". The other two didn't even know it was a thing. "But sides tho..." no, that's not why most men don't take it — sorry.

If this were the case, Aderans wouldn't have shelved whatever their product was called.

Capitalism requires consistent growth in order to sustain itself. One-and-done sales are fundamentally opposed to this, and no business (medical included) values this over repeat profits. Anyone who thinks this isn't the case, is an idiot. There's no polite way to put it.

A cancer cure will be profitable because you cannot vaccinate against it and lifestyles foster its development. It will always be profitable. People will always have hair that needs washing and shampoo runs out.

and a hairloss "vaccine" where the only markets who'd be interested in and could afford such a thing, are not having babies and have an advanced-age population where most of the clientele would need NEW hair and not just prevention will NOT be as profitable as something like Tsuji. It wouldn't even be as profitable as selling Shampoo to all the people who have hair that needs washing. Why? Because the bottle runs out.

So "maintenance is where the money is at" long or short term, is just not true if the process is only needed once per person.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
This forum has hit new levels of stupid since I've been active here.

The initial quote that kicked off this conversation was this:

No. It isn't.

There is nothing in business, anywhere, in any industry, where this is true.

If this were the case, finasteride would be a smash hit. Instead, it's largely a commercial failure and most people don't even know it exists. I've told on here many times about how it took me 3 doctors before one said "you could try these pills". The other two didn't even know it was a thing. "But sides tho..." no, that's not why most men don't take it — sorry.

If this were the case, Aderans wouldn't have shelved whatever their product was called.

Capitalism requires consistent growth in order to sustain itself. One-and-done sales are fundamentally opposed to this, and no business (medical included) values this over repeat profits. Anyone who thinks this isn't the case, is an idiot. There's no polite way to put it.

A cancer cure will be profitable because you cannot vaccinate against it and lifestyles foster its development. It will always be profitable. People will always have hair that needs washing and shampoo runs out.

and a hairloss "vaccine" where the only markets who'd be interested in and could afford such a thing, are not having babies and have an advanced-age population where most of the clientele would need NEW hair and not just prevention will NOT be as profitable as something like Tsuji. It wouldn't even be as profitable as selling Shampoo to all the people who have hair that needs washing. Why? Because the bottle runs out.

So "maintenance is where the money is at" long or short term, is just not true if the process is only needed once per person.

You’re assuming people are arguing that a maintenance treatment is one off - we all know it isn’t. A cure is a one off. A maintenance treatment we all assume would have to be done periodically which is why it is more profitable than a cure.

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nobody actually thinks like ths. if a startup or a company makes a discovery that will be an improvement to what we have now they are going to market it. i explained it very well, thats theor only option to get a piece of the market. if they are involved in the market before, like merck but their income is crap of course and they need to patent it anyway. if not then you need to find something new to break through and you won't care whether the other methods would give you more profit because you are not selling them
For fucks sake, PetersonKi. You now have 806 messages on this forum in a mere 10 weeks. You are over the top obsessive and need to take a break. There's nothing for you to learn on this board until some new product comes to market. You should see a therapist.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re assuming people are arguing that a maintenance treatment is one off - we all know it isn’t. A cure is a one off. A maintenance treatment we all assume would have to be done periodically which is why it is more profitable than a cure.

"We all assume"

The assumption is not supported by anything.

nobody actually thinks like ths. if a startup or a company makes a discovery that will be an improvement to what we have now they are going to market it. i explained it very well, thats theor only option to get a piece of the market. if they are involved in the market before, like merck but their income is crap of course and they need to patent it anyway. if not then you need to find something new to break through and you won't care whether the other methods would give you more profit because you are not selling them

Except a company that had already developed this type of therapy and, as I've explained numerous times to you, did not market the product.

I'm not going to bother with you any further, as I'm just going to wind up repeating myself over and over. "Customer retention" is business 101.

The money is in regrowth, and that's why most of these companies are pursuing it.

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In a few decades, I think baldness will just stop existing thanks to CRISPR-Cas9. Shiseido will make a lot of money with RCH-01 before then though

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not going to bother with you any further, as I'm just going to wind up repeating myself over and over. "Customer retention" is business 101.

The money is in regrowth, and that's why most of these companies are pursuing it.

Not all businesses operate like that. You have acknowledge that.

Hospital aren't going to break your legs again if you went to the hospital because of the broken leg. Just like construction. Its not good for a construction business if they have to rebuild your whole house after 1-2 years. Its simply put not good for branding. And a lot of consumer products are like that. They don't want returning customers because of a faulty product, so they want to deliver the best they can.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In a few decades, I think baldness will just stop existing thanks to CRISPR-Cas9. Shiseido will make a lot of money with RCH-01 before then though

Didn't it end up with that crispier wouldn't work because of the immune system would reject it? I think that is the big challenge for most when talking about alternating genes, DNA or what ever. That the immune system will battle it from the start.

Or else like with some HIV patients, you have to "flush out" the blood and replace it with some blood with the right properties. Can't remember the procedure as it is right now, but its needs a decent amount of resources, but it its durable and have been done before to cure HIV patients with HIV immune properties from other people

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think we are the last generation to deal with this and most severe diseases anyway. life expectancy is probably going to go through the roof in half a century or so with stem cell research, big advances in cancer research, genetic research and engineer, organ engineering, pretty much in all areas and powerful computers can be used with advanced machine learning techniques to evaluate data more efficiently than ever before, find patterns etc.

in other ways, if 1/10 000th of the military budget went into hairloss research we would have hair cloning already that for certain
Stem cell research, genetic research, organ engineering will not be golden standards in next 100 years. Do you know how far away we are for creating human organ or tissue? Very, very, very far away. Even if we are capable for creating human organs in next 50 years still there will be another 15-20 years more for training doctors to do the procedure.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not all businesses operate like that. You have acknowledge that.

Hospital aren't going to break your legs again if you went to the hospital because of the broken leg. Just like construction. Its not good for a construction business if they have to rebuild your whole house after 1-2 years. Its simply put not good for branding. And a lot of consumer products are like that. They don't want returning customers because of a faulty product, so they want to deliver the best they can.

Hospitals have a never-ending supply of patients for all manner of problems and most people will probably pay several visits to one over the course of their life.

Buildings get damaged and need repair, extensions built on, cities expand (upward and outward) and construction companies always have regular clients for new ventures. So yes, both of these still require customer retention.

don't see why tbh. you have to remember in critical medicine it is progressing a lot faster. for example when you have a disease that is urgently needing treatment you can always join medical trials and you can always do experimental non fda approved treatments most of the time. when you need an organ critically and we can clone it, and there is nobody on the list for you, they will most likely do this, the surgery in itself shouldn't be different from the actual normal one. it's definitely still far away but I would not say more than 100 years. imagine what we dd 100 years ago. we didn't even have radiation therapy. we were bombign around in WW1. since then we have developed a lot of tools like COMPUTERS to speed up that process in the next century. serious stem cell research hasn't been going on since 2005 and we are already talking about cloning of teeth hair and glands in the near future. thats just 15 years

It is true that science has advanced immensely in recent times. Faster than ever before, in fact.

It is equally true that almost every single grand prediction of the high-tech future has been way, way ahead of schedule.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
don't see why tbh. you have to remember in critical medicine it is progressing a lot faster. for example when you have a disease that is urgently needing treatment you can always join medical trials and you can always do experimental non fda approved treatments most of the time. when you need an organ critically and we can clone it, and there is nobody on the list for you, they will most likely do this, the surgery in itself shouldn't be different from the actual normal one. it's definitely still far away but I would not say more than 100 years. imagine what we dd 100 years ago. we didn't even have radiation therapy. we were bombign around in WW1. since then we have developed a lot of tools like COMPUTERS to speed up that process in the next century. serious stem cell research hasn't been going on since 2005 and we are already talking about cloning of teeth hair and glands in the near future. thats just 15 years
Yes, science is advancing, but how many hospitals and doctors worldwide are using all those new medicine approaches? All new fields in medicine are only used by tiny numbers of best scientists and doctors.