Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still no word on a potential 2018 or even 2019 release date like Replicel was claiming a few years back when the trial began.

RepliCel never claimed there'd be a release then, either.

They said that given Japan's laws, and with the phase II concluding this year, 2018/2019 was the earliest possible timeframe that it could be released.

But it entirely depends on what Shiseido plans to do.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
RepliCel never claimed there'd be a release then, either.

They said that given Japan's laws, and with the phase II concluding this year, 2018/2019 was the earliest possible timeframe that it could be released.

But it entirely depends on what Shiseido plans to do.
https://replicel.com/recent_coverage/shiseido-trial-baldness-cure-planned-commercial-launch-2018/
Then they shouldn't have this on their website. "Planned commerical launch in 2018", makes it sound more concrete than earliest possible timeframe.

Bigoldben

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://replicel.com/recent_coverage/shiseido-trial-baldness-cure-planned-commercial-launch-2018/
Then they shouldn't have this on their website. "Planned commerical launch in 2018", makes it sound more concrete than earliest possible timeframe.

My father works in clinical trials but for an entire different area scientifically and geographically, I admittedly don’t know an awful lot about it but I’ve picked up bits. They literally release nothing while the trial is ongoing basically because they can endanger the results coming and there’s the aspects to do with the markets etc. However as far as we are aware the trials are still ongoing which is a good sign because if the tests at various intervals weren’t good then the tests would have been stopped. That said I’m no expect and this is based on things I’ve picked up. There’s always a risk that they’ll announce results which show limited efficacy and then say they’ll do a further series of trials.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, if Shiseidos trails are golden, then someone tell my why RCH-01 would not be released almost immediately in the United States?? Lol this will be fun.

By the way, why does @Javell post not have 100 likes? Do you goofs not realize that he just showed you that Japan offers newely approved treatments to foreigners?? Hello..!

If that is the case, then my previous claim of RCH-01 being availble to Non-Japanese before the end of Phase 3 in Japan (by way of the United States) would be wrong.

Residents of Japan who are suffering from Alzheimer’s can receive treatment by directly contacting Trinity Clinic Fukuoka. Residents in South Korea, the United States and other countries can inquire with Biostar Korea for a treatment reservation.

With the start of stem cell treatment, Biostar will support Alzheimer’s patients from all over the world.

I spread false info about Korea, I misread some sentences. But this seems good news for us as it seems that it is avaible for people all over the world in Japan under Japanese laws. So, those check-ups may not be mandatory or could be done remotely.

Shiseido could do the same since the stem cell law under which that Alzheimer's theraphy was developed is the same.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, those check-ups may not be mandatory or could be done remotely.

Exactly.

It could very well be that not EVERYONE who gets the treatment will be studied and "followed" up with. Typically phase III trials only use up to 3,000 participants and they will be offering this to a lot more than just 3000 people. If not, then this is not commercialization and not a "conditional market approval".So it may very well be that you MUST be a Japanese resident to participate in the Phase III follow ups. Non Japanese patients may still be able to get the treatment but they just won't be utilized for data collection purposes.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

and yet, Lee Buckler has said, in any interview I've seen, that such a release is up to Shiseido.

That being said, I don't personally see why they'd sit on something that works for too long after finishing what they need to do.

But RepliCel does have a history of giving conflicting information outta their PR dept., I guess.

On Twitter, they had stated in a reply to someone that RCH-01 is "not a cure for Androgenetic Alopecia" and literally in their next tweet said that stopping the loss and regrowth of "vibrant" hair follicles is what they expect and have seen.

Well f***, that would be a cure, wouldn't it!?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol what kind of crack are you smoking? This is one of the lowest iq post I've read on this forum.

Speak for yourself. Never mind autologous cell therapies, like RCH-01, considered safer in general than the stem cell wonder cure variety, there are professional athletes getting stem cell injections and with little to no proof that it actually works.

We can be naive about these things, but it's not very helpful to those of us trying to understand when or if new technologies will be sold commercially, whether legit treatments or otherwise. There is "the market", and then there is everything else in the grey areas. And there are grey areas of the economy, no doubt about it.

Last edited:

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Further demonstrating that it's "totally not a disease" and you should "just shave it and hit the gym, brah"

It’s not a disease though. Baldness is a lamentable secondary effect of a genetic composition which makes one more prone to prostate cancer and heart attacks.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not a disease though. Baldness is a lamentable secondary effect of a genetic composition which makes one more prone to prostate cancer and heart attacks.

No, it is a disease.

Literal definition:

"a condition of the living animal or plant body or of one of its parts that impairs normal functioning and is typically manifested by distinguishing signs and symptoms"

Bigoldben

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
19 participant was the number in the original replicel trial and it tested for safety primarily, those results were released in 2017 and were easily accessible.
The article states they’ll have five year results from shiseido by the third quarter 2018 which seems remarkable when the trial began in 2016. I’m hoping it some form of error mixing up the two trials tbh, surely shiseido wouldn’t build a purpose built clinic for 19 patients?

Bigoldben

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
http://m.marketwired.com/press-rele...lopment-for-rch-01-tsx-venture-rp-2161520.htm

This is an old article but fairly illuminates the issues between the companies. It seems basically originally they we’re supposed to run phase 2 trials concurrently and share results which replicel were unable to do. The consequence is that now replicel won’t necessarily get royalty payments. However there’s no suggestion it will impact on its release.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Shesido trial only has 19 particpants??? For phase 2?

Why not?

You really don't need a shitload of people on a double-blind study for something like this.

It either works or it doesn't. As long as they're treated to protocol, everyone who isn't in the placebo group should see results.

Bigoldben

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True although ideally they'd try it on a million patients and each of them would show brilliant results.What is potentially exciting though is that if 19 people are in the trial, then that means potentially up to 19 people already no longer need to worry about hairloss and that is something worth holding onto.