Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
@10:00

Maybe we are talking about different studies though? I'm sick home from work today with a gnarly head cold so take me with a grain of salt. But the science dude clearly refers to some participants losing hair...

br1

Reaction score
ninXJa

The top 10 participants reported at least a 5% or greater increase in hair density at six months post-injection with an average increase of 11.8% (as reported in the May 17, 2012 announcement). This group demonstrated a sustained response at 24 months which averaged a 4.2% increase over baseline hair density. While there was a high degree of variability in hair density between individual participants at 24 months post-injection compared to baseline, an overall stabilization of hair loss was observed among all the patients treated per protocol.

This was taken from their website (http://replicel.com/20170314-2/). Even though the last paragraph was talking about the top 10 responders, notice that it ends talking about all participants treated as per protocol.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait so this was being hyped the whole time because the top responders achieved a 21% increase in density (diffused hair) in the span of 2 years?!

Damn what a shitty hand we were dealt...

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait so this was being hyped the whole time because the top responders achieved a 21% increase in density (diffused hair) in the span of 2 years?!

Damn what a shitty hand we were dealt...

>one injection
>hairloss stabilized

Firstly they are not marketing it for regrowth so I am sorry for your loss. But also who knows what repeat treatment could achieve?

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
>one injection
>hairloss stabilized

Firstly they are not marketing it for regrowth so I am sorry for your loss. But also who knows what repeat treatment could achieve?

Oh so one injection achieved that for top responders? It's exciting I guess.

Repeat treatment being you thicken only existing follicles right? I would assume that anyway if they aren't marketing for regrowth. Don't know why I thought they would grow new follicles.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
İsn't increased density regrowth?

I mean with regrowth we think of just miniaturizing hairs on the brink of death coming back. I'm not saying that the patients didn't have regrowth. I'm just saying they aren't marketing the product for regrowth.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean with regrowth we think of just miniaturizing hairs on the brink of death coming back. I'm not saying that the patients didn't have regrowth. I'm just saying they aren't marketing the product for regrowth.
f*** it we need new ones :)

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since when?
Since we realized that slick bald areas do not recover even with finasteride and minoxidil and since we know that hair neogenesis is not trivial...?

I don't know what else counts are regrowth if not for saving tiny dying hair or creating new hair. And the latter, we do not have a product for and as far as I know, is not something replicel is claiming.

Maybe I am not understanding what you are referring to?

Last edited:

br1

Reaction score
Oh so one injection achieved that for top responders? It's exciting I guess.

Repeat treatment being you thicken only existing follicles right? I would assume that anyway if they aren't marketing for regrowth. Don't know why I thought they would grow new follicles.

One injection and stabilization of hairloss for ALL PATIENTS TREATED WITH THE PROTOCOL.

As other people said before, now they (Shiseido) are trying with several injections. One scenario is that some patients did not respond so well because maybe they had more follicles in a dormant state, who knows why.

All we can hope is Shiseido releases good results next year. That would definitely be a game changer. If only stabilization (I strongly believe it will be more than that) is achieved, that would be enough for millions to stop taking Finasteride - me included.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Er I realize what I wrote was confusing. I just meant that the product is targetting people in the early stages of balding, i.e thinning hair, as it may be able to halt the progress and revitalize the hairs that are becoming vellus.

Reactions: br1

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One injection and stabilization of hairloss for ALL PATIENTS TREATED WITH THE PROTOCOL.

As other people said before, now they (Shiseido) are trying with several injections. One scenario is that some patients did not respond so well because maybe they had more follicles in a dormant state, who knows why.

All we can hope is Shiseido releases good results next year. That would definitely be a game changer. If only stabilization (I strongly believe it will be more than that) is achieved, that would be enough for millions to stop taking Finasteride - me included.

I'm a diffuse thinner so this would probably work out somewhat for me since I'm not bald yet. Would rather create new follicles or clone though. If you cure baldies, then you cure all of us.

Reactions: br1

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
without is maintenance drug, this method will not last forever, because we know that even doner area hair gets thinner and thinner. unless they use body or beard hair.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean if they can at least stabilise loss that's a massive start (and that's with only a single injection). you could then get hair transplant knowing the area not transplanted would remain.
I only see positives with this

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean if they can at least stabilise loss that's a massive start (and that's with only a single injection). you could then get hair transplant knowing the area not transplanted would remain.
I only see positives with this
most balding people will lose doner area the older they get.