Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Brotzu, Follica or Replicel would regrow hairs in hair transplant donor areas since they have been transplanted elsewhere and aren't present anymore?

Yes but only if you have resistant hairs in your donor. Also they work very differently, so it's hard to say for sure.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but only if you have resistant hairs in your donor. Also they work very differently, so it's hard to say for sure.
What you mean by resistant hairs? Replicel uses your hair in the donor area that should be resistant and multiplies it or am I wrong?
I just wonder about the scars/damaged skin of the donor area and if hairs/grafts would grow there. I have a small scar on the back of my head and hair transplant grafts didn't make it there.

Guess we have to see if it comes out one day

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
What you mean by resistant hairs? Replicel uses your hair in the donor area that should be resistant and multiplies it or am I wrong?
I just wonder about the scars/damaged skin of the donor area and if hairs/grafts would grow there. I have a small scar on the back of my head and hair transplant grafts didn't make it there.

Guess we have to see if it comes out one day

I was under the impression that they take the DP cells from the resistant follicles and put them in the DHT sensitive area. Not hair multiplication.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was under the impression that they take the DP cells from the resistant follicles and put them in the DHT sensitive area. Not hair multiplication.
"Dermal sheath cup cells will be isolated from a small punch biopsy taken from the back of the subject’s scalp. These cells will be replicated and then reintroduced into balding areas on the subjects scalp"
Replicel's own site.
Without the multiplication/replication it won't be a "cure" just a quite different hair transplant with limited "cells"

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does someone know why Dr. Clare Higgins is listed as speaker for Shiseido on the World Congress? She is one of the most famous hair loss researchers (top ten). She is from UK. But I did not know that she is linked to Shiseido?

I saw her name linked to shiseido.. I guess she is talking about their technology.. I am bit confused. You can download the pdf document on the World Congress page under "scientific program". Maybe I did not understand why her name is there.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any possibility that it would help Tsuji when Shiseido launches their product?

Basically Replicel will multiple the hair cells and inject them so they can grow in the skin.

Tsuji will multiple the hairs outside of the skin and implement them later.

I know totally different things all together, but just as an idea.
Any thoughts of combining possibilities, at least accelerating Tsujis work or making it "more" possible of getting to the market before we all die of nuclear death?

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
But no one ever said something about this potential 1 year efficacy read out. Replicel said that they expect Data in Q2 2018. That is why I don't understand why you think they could release data in 3 months?

I know. But I guarantee you they have several time points where they ask the patient to come in for an examination. With hair loss treatments they are usually 6 months, 12 months and 24 months.

This is more a safety mechanism in place to ensure patients are not having a serious adverse effect and also assess efficacy. Many trials are killed within 6 to 12 months merely due to safety and efficacy concerns long before they are due to be completed.

But whether they choose to release a snippet of information or not is unknown.

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Found this fun comment on Replicel's video talking about RCH-01 from 2013:

''The timeline to a commercial product depends on the execution of these trials and regulatory approvals. Nevertheless, if the technology proves safe and effective, RepliCel anticipates that a commercial product may be available in 2015 in non-Western jurisdictions.''

Goes to show how unpredictable the journey from discovery to market can be.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

''The timeline to a commercial product depends on the execution of these trials and regulatory approvals. Nevertheless, if the technology proves safe and effective, RepliCel anticipates that a commercial product may be available in 2015 in non-Western jurisdictions.''

It seems we are always 5 years away from the cure.
It is like a Twilight Zone episode.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score

They didn't have a Japanese partner then. They are so much further ahead in getting this released than they were in 2013

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
They didn't have a Japanese partner then. They are so much further ahead in getting this released than they were in 2013
İn fact if it were just for replicel alone I would think it won't come out until 2020 or much longer, they just don't make any progress or don't have the money for it.

I think/hope the Japanese guys will do it somehow until next year.

Reactions: br1

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
İn fact if it were just for replicel alone I would think it won't come out until 2020 or much longer, they just don't make any progress or don't have the money for it.

I think/hope the Japanese guys will do it somehow until next year.

is it really possible this may come out 2018/2019?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
is it really possible this may come out 2018/2019?
Why not? İn fact why are we still waiting for such things? We should have already flying cars by now, but still don't have a cure or even good medication for diabetes, cancer, HİV and so much more, it's just pathetic what we couldn't achieve. Just bla bla and nothing that helps.
Egyptian docs filled teeth and made tooth bridges 3-4000 years ago and we still make the same in 2017. God damn it humanity is just crap that can't solve anything..

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not? İn fact why are we still waiting for such things? We should have already flying cars by now, but still don't have a cure or even good medication for diabetes, cancer, HİV and so much more, it's just pathetic what we couldn't achieve. Just bla bla and nothing that helps.
Egyptian docs filled teeth and made tooth bridges 3-4000 years ago and we still make the same in 2017. God damn it humanity is just crap that can't solve anything..

i appreciate you emotions and your outlook.

But I meant factually--is replicel factually writing anything that people are aware of to make us think they will release in 2018/2019?

Not sure if you are speculating or read something somewhere.

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's definetely possible. They seem to be very confident because they even changed their data readout from H2 to Q2 2017.
It's all about the regrowth percentage. Can't wait to see the result.

Does anyone speak Japanese here or is from Japan?
Maybe there is a Japanese Beps63 on their hair loss forum. It's possible that they could have relatives who participate in the shiseido trial...

Like we had Beps they could have someone else?!

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
i appreciate you emotions and your outlook.

But I meant factually--is replicel factually writing anything that people are aware of to make us think they will release in 2018/2019?

Not sure if you are speculating or read something somewhere.

I wrote an email and got this response:

Dear Mr. ,

Hello, Thanks for contacting us.

In direct response to your inquiry, unfortunately we have no plan
to aunch RCH-01 products now.

All the related information is featured on our News Release site.

http://www.shiseidogroup.com/news/?rt_bt=menu-news

http://www.shiseidogroup.com/newsimg/archive/00000000001668/1668_h8y68_en.pdf

http://www.shiseidogroup.com/newsimg/archive/00000000001539/1539_t9h50_en.pdf

When something new comes up, we will post it on the site.

Thank you very much for your kind interest.

Sincerely,

Kanae Kitagawa
Shiseido Consumer Information Center, Tokyo

Like Royaume says they give precise dates and publish on these dates just like promised. So I'm quite sure they will get to the market, but the question is if the product will thicken hair AND regrow like promised

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wrote an email and got this response:

Dear Mr. ,

Hello, Thanks for contacting us.

In direct response to your inquiry, unfortunately we have no plan
to aunch RCH-01 products now.

All the related information is featured on our News Release site.

http://www.shiseidogroup.com/news/?rt_bt=menu-news

http://www.shiseidogroup.com/newsimg/archive/00000000001668/1668_h8y68_en.pdf

http://www.shiseidogroup.com/newsimg/archive/00000000001539/1539_t9h50_en.pdf

When something new comes up, we will post it on the site.

Thank you very much for your kind interest.

Sincerely,

Kanae Kitagawa
Shiseido Consumer Information Center, Tokyo

Like Royaume says they give precise dates and publish on these dates just like promised. So I'm quite sure they will get to the market, but the question is if the product will thicken hair AND regrow like promised

That would be fantastic.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Egyptians were destroyed because of many wars and conquers of their country, their knowledge and history was almost wiped out from them. They had to start from the ground up, with little history of who they used to be. It's highly likely that with no wars at all on Earth (impossible) humans would've been more way more advanced.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Egyptians were destroyed because of many wars and conquers of their country, their knowledge and history was almost wiped out from them. They had to start from the ground up, with little history of who they used to be. It's highly likely that with no wars at all on Earth (impossible) humans would've been more way more advanced.
A cure for baldness would be enough for now :)