Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

Pablo234

Reaction score
It's a legitimate question; if one of these companies comes out with a very strong maintenance protocol that is effectively a cure for those who have yet to progress through the NWs, how will that affect the companies pursuing regrowth? It will mean the market for a regrowth protocol becomes significantly smaller, and maybe not worth the investment.

So true. If a solid maintenance product comes out in the next 5 years, companies working on regrowth formulas essentially only have the current generation of high end Norwood's to market towards .. granted on a worldwide scale, the numbers are still huge, but percentage wise, of those who would actively pursue spending thousands on the hypothetical treatment, would it be even worth investing? It's almost going to be a race between maintenance formulas and regrowth formulas coming to the market in that sense ... and logically looking at the big picture, a solid maintenance product is where the money will be.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that Replicel is even releasing the five year data is a good sign. It’s an even better sign that they are posting notices about the impending data release on Twitter, Website announcements, Interviews, and videos. Basically they are going out of their way to draw attention to it. If I had to say, i would say that the 5 year data is probably pretty good. Obviously that’s just a feeling. We will have to wait and see.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
So true. If a solid maintenance product comes out in the next 5 years, companies working on regrowth formulas essentially only have the current generation of high end Norwood's to market towards .. granted on a worldwide scale, the numbers are still huge, but percentage wise, of those who would actively pursue spending thousands on the hypothetical treatment, would it be even worth investing? It's almost going to be a race between maintenance formulas and regrowth formulas coming to the market in that sense ... and logically looking at the big picture, a solid maintenance product is where the money will be.

Not that it matters since this is all conjecture, but I disagree. You are assuming that the market is full of people like us who are fully aware of the state of their hair loss and monitoring the f*** out of it every day. A perfect maintenance product could come out today and people will not avail themselves of it because they aren't paying attention to their gradual hair loss, for instance. Diffuse balders whose baldness sneaks up on them, people who are too scatterbrained to consistently apply treatments, people who don't care about hair loss (until they suddenly do), people who can't afford maintenance treatments when they're young but want to regrow when they are older and financially more stable, etc. There's room and a market for all sorts of treatments, both regrowth and maintain. When it comes to hair loss there are millions upon millions of people saddled with it and depending where they are on their life's trajectory they will need all the options they can get.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Not that it matters since this is all conjecture, but I disagree. You are assuming that the market is full of people like us who are fully aware of the state of their hair loss and monitoring the f*** out of it every day. A perfect maintenance product could come out today and people will not avail themselves of it because they aren't paying attention to their gradual hair loss, for instance. Diffuse balders whose baldness sneaks up on them, people who are too scatterbrained to consistently apply treatments, people who don't care about hair loss (until they suddenly do), people who can't afford maintenance treatments when they're young but want to regrow when they are older and financially more stable, etc. There's room and a market for all sorts of treatments, both regrowth and maintain. When it comes to hair loss there are millions upon millions of people saddled with it and depending where they are on their life's trajectory they will need all the options they can get.

I think you're right to an extent, and that's the case right now, but nothing currently available is claiming to do what replicel is expecting to achieve. I think the average joe is willing to drop $50-$100 on topicals when they notice hair loss to try, but I think the larger the investment the more savvy people get.

Replicel hypothetically replaces the need for maintenance treatments, if it isn't effective in doing that then certainly people will try other treatments. A lot of the treatments/products used today have either passed FDA trials, or don't need to go through them. I think the point is to achieve what replicel is attempting will require trials which will require a large investment. Will companies want to make that investment if replicel has a 1st to the market product, and is priced affordibly? Honestly though what do I know? I'm just a retarded troll according to nameless.

This is all hypothetical, and just something to talk about, but realistically we are all still hoping for anything that can replace the big 3. We'll see who does it, but I figured it was worth mentioning considering I had not interest in other threads that are discussing what year trump started on finasteride.

Hopefully this post didn't take it too far, but I'm sure nameless will fall apart and lose it again. He has a point though, because honestly why speculate when we can talk trump, and when he started finasteride?!

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Histogen will be fine if replicel releases. First of all Replicel will not have a full roll out in 2018/2019 (only conditional approval) so it may be difficult to get the treatment initially. Histogen will be widely available in Mexico upon release and it will have a large market for women with thinning hair and they've even considered testing on cancer patients so they can keep their hair through treatment.

Both have the potential to be released at around the same time and if Replicel is difficult to get initially I'd opt for histogen then get replicel further down the road

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
All of the developing treatments will likely have a place in the future and none of them would deter hair multiplication.

Being able to create new follicles is necessary for other types of alopecia; it's the next generation of hair transplant, it eliminates animal testing for hair products and is a gateway to regenerating other organs.

Moran XING

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it doesn't stop hair loss due to androgen sensitivity... then it's failed. That's the proposed function of this treatment. Of course, the donor hair they use will be somewhat androgen sensitive, but if your hair continues to decline at a rate faster than your donor region then the product doesn't work.
Like ur comments & the photo of Gone

Pablo234

Reaction score

I understand where you're coming from on, but referring to the long term game of male pattern baldness, I still think I have a valid point ... future generations in a continually increasing image conscious society, who will have grown up in a world where it is common knowledge that losing your hair doesn't actually have to be an option - (combined with the fact that treatment prices no doubt will have fallen, quality will have increased, availability and access will have increased, etc etc), will be a more proactive and informed generation of people.
Tbh, early hair loss sufferers right now are kind of in that ball park with the treatments that are readily available today, just as the blurb in the hairloss treatment section on this website states ... i can't remember the exact para phrasing so I won't bother quoting.
It's just simple logic for the future market - if you have guaranteed maintenance products, treat the problem before it even becomes a problem. What's the point in going through even minimal amounts of hair loss to then regrow your hair, when you can just have some sort of immunity system put in place when you're younger. It's more of a case of people's behaviours and attitudes changing if anything, where people will be more actively on the ball to prevent this. God I don't know, come 2030, and it might be that its as routine for adolescent teenagers to have immunity style treatments on their full heads of hair, as it is now for school kids to receive meningitis jabs. Might sound ridiculous, but I'm pretty sure the hairloss community on this forum will be able to understand how life changing something like that would actually be.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also we have no idea how well Replicel works when combined with Finasteride, Minoxidil, RU, CB and all the other things

if used on the crown it might give Finasteride and Minoxidil something to work with to regrow the crown area, we've seen from pictures that for some people Finasteride and Minoxidil will regrow the crown very well.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from on, but referring to the long term game of male pattern baldness, I still think I have a valid point ... future generations in a continually increasing image conscious society, who will have grown up in a world where it is common knowledge that losing your hair doesn't actually have to be an option - (combined with the fact that treatment prices no doubt will have fallen, quality will have increased, availability and access will have increased, etc etc)...

Your reasoning is sound on paper, but in practice it never works this way.

We already know these treatments will not be covered by any sort of health insurance and frankly, anyone who expects this treatment to actually cost the 889 CAD (especially with the dollar being worth nothing) originally speculated by the company is delusional. Such a price isn't even playing the game; I fully expect to pay between 1,000 - 2,500 minimum.

When I was a kid, I spent years of my life being ridiculed by the cuntflaps I had for school teachers making six figures a year themselves and married to wealthy men in the energy business. They couldn't see how I didn't have glasses or contacts because it was such an "easy fix". My family couldn't afford it and mom's insurance didn't cover nearly enough of it; god forbid these w****s would just let me sit toward the front of their class without complaining about it. Many families find themselves in this position even in the developed world.

Especially up here in Western Canada, where the cost of living just keeps going up along with the unemployment rates, it is simply out of the question that many teenagers' parents would be able or willing to pay 1-2k for their son(s) to get immunized against something as "trivial" as hairloss. How many young, college-age adults with crippling student debt are going to have that spare change? "Just shave it, bro."

It's taken lasik 20 years to drop to the price it has now, soft contacts are still like 75 bucks a box and prescription eyeglasses still sell at extortionist prices.

RepliCel's treatment, if it is permanent, will no doubt be extraordinarily successful, but it won't ever stop plenty of people from losing hair before they find the means to receive the treatment themselves and it does nothing for other alopecias.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Your reasoning is sound on paper, but in practice it never works this way.

We already know these treatments will not be covered by any sort of health insurance and frankly, anyone who expects this treatment to actually cost the 889 CAD (especially with the dollar being worth nothing) originally speculated by the company is delusional. Such a price isn't even playing the game; I fully expect to pay between 1,000 - 2,500 minimum.

When I was a kid, I spent years of my life being ridiculed by the cuntflaps I had for school teachers making six figures a year themselves and married to wealthy men in the energy business. They couldn't see how I didn't have glasses or contacts because it was such an "easy fix". My family couldn't afford it and mom's insurance didn't cover nearly enough of it; god forbid these w****s would just let me sit toward the front of their class without complaining about it. Many families find themselves in this position even in the developed world.

Especially up here in Western Canada, where the cost of living just keeps going up along with the unemployment rates, it is simply out of the question that many teenagers' parents would be able or willing to pay 1-2k for their son(s) to get immunized against something as "trivial" as hairloss. How many young, college-age adults with crippling student debt are going to have that spare change? "Just shave it, bro."

It's taken lasik 20 years to drop to the price it has now, soft contacts are still like 75 bucks a box and prescription eyeglasses still sell at extortionist prices.

RepliCel's treatment, if it is permanent, will no doubt be extraordinarily successful, but it won't ever stop plenty of people from losing hair before they find the means to receive the treatment themselves and it does nothing for other alopecias.

Yeah I agree it certainly won't put away the need for something like tsuji, because there will always be a need for new hair for many. I think my original arguement was IF replicel works how they are jesting why would people use histogen which essentially offers the same thing minus permanent maintance. I get that initially availability may push people to histogen, but I mean long term it wouldn't be a tough choice between the two I wouldn't think.

Tsuji to me is different in that it is actually creating new hairs which provides something histogen and replicel do not with an unlimited supply of hair.

Hopefully replicel's treatment can offer permanent maintanance, and turn vellus hairs terminal. We'll just have to wait and see, but it is exciting that they've contacted the FDA about utilizing the 21st century cures act.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FYI, Replicel's stock price has increased by about 10x what it was going for in August even though they are currently only about $2 per share. However, if the phase 1 data they release this month shows success (fingers crossed), I expect the stock to shoot up again like it has a couple times during the past 6 months.

These kinds of stocks are risky, but to anyone looking to make some quick $ off of it, if you buy a good amount of shares at the right time you can really make a large profit.

bencarsno

My Regimen
Reaction score
^Yeah, there's some discussion with investors going here that can be quite interesting even if you're not buying stocks. I put in a small amount myself.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hopefully replicel's treatment can offer permanent maintanance, and turn vellus hairs terminal. We'll just have to wait and see, but it is exciting that they've contacted the FDA about utilizing the 21st century cures act.

On thing about Replicel that bugs me is this. If it does indeed work and cause vellus hairs to turn terminal, how does it it work for hairlines? I've got visible vellus hair below what was once my hairline, wouldn't injecting DP cells from terminal hairs cause those vellus hairs to become hybrid vellus/terminal hairs? You'd have to be very careful with injecting along the hairline.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What will happen if you don't know your final male pattern baldness pattern because you are in the early stages of hair loss? Will you have to go through the process again and get more injections if you continue to bald in the areas that you originally didn't get injections? Or, is there going to be a way to inject all areas of the scalp in just one treatment appointment?

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
On thing about Replicel that bugs me is this. If it does indeed work and cause vellus hairs to turn terminal, how does it it work for hairlines? I've got visible vellus hair below what was once my hairline, wouldn't injecting DP cells from terminal hairs cause those vellus hairs to become hybrid vellus/terminal hairs? You'd have to be very careful with injecting along the hairline.

Yeah I wonder how much control they have over where each cell goes after injecting. I would assume they have a really good idea how the cells will migrate to avoid growing hair down to your eyebrows, but it would be nice to hear a definitive once they show efficacy.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Over at Hairsite they're saying that Replicel still hasn't started phase 2 trials yet.

They base that on this highlighted quote from a 9/27/16 article:

“Because of financial constraints, RepliCel has not been able to proceed with its previously announced plans to initiate a phase 2 clinical trial of RCH-01,” stated RepliCel’s Buckler."

Here's a link to the complete article:

http://investingnews.com/daily/life...pdate-shiseido-license-co-development-rch-01/

Last edited:

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Over at Hairsite they're saying that Replicel still hasn't started phase 2 trials yet.
yea that's not a big surprise, We all know that. It's Shiseido who is conducting the phase 2 trials. (basically it means the same)
correct me if i am wrong.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They base that on this highlighted quote from a 9/27/16 article:

“Because of financial constraints, RepliCel has not been able to proceed with its previously announced plans to initiate a phase 2 clinical trial of RCH-01,” stated RepliCel’s Buckler."

Here's a link to the complete article:

http://investingnews.com/daily/life...pdate-shiseido-license-co-development-rch-01/
yea, we also know this thing. Lee Buckler already said in his forecast this year that 2016 was a rough year for them and this article predicted the same thing. But the point is they are doing good now and out of that mess. Phase 2 trial was never started, we all knew that.

the members of the hairsite forum are backdated as f*** though they maintain a lot of discipline but still backdated (won't consider them in my book)

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
yea that's not a big surprise, We all know that. It's Shiseido who is conducting the phase 2 trials. (basically it means the same)
correct me if i am wrong.

Yeah essentially everyone will get an idea of what it's capable of through that trial. The benefit of replicel testing elsewhere is making it available in places other than Japan.