Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shiseido is co-developing RCH-01 (Replicel). In their trial Shiseido test 4 concentrations of autologous hair follicle dermal sheath cup cells .. Multiple injections ? maybe...
Interventions/Control_1 Higher cell concentration
Interventions/Control_2 Intermediate cell concentration
Interventions/Control_3 Lower cell concentration

How do we know it's not just going to be another PRP?

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do we know it's not just going to be another PRP?
What does that even mean?

If you mean, "Will this be PRP?" then of course not. We are injecting cultured cells, not crushed up, sifted blood pulp.

If you mean, "Will this be ineffective, like PRP?" then I mean we won't know for sure until like Q1 or Q2 next year, when Shiseido publishes their phase 2 results. All we have so far is replicel saying that there was a ~10% increase in hair density after a single, extremely high dose, of RCH-01. Hairloss halted and the mild regrowth was sustained for I think maybe 2 years at least:

"phase 1 trial involved 19 volunteers—10 men and nine women—who went through the procedure and were followed up for at least two years
the top seven responders achieved an 8% increase in average hair density in the treated areas of scalp. Three patients did a little better—with a 10% or more gain—and one showing density up 21% after two years.

There was considerable variation between patients, but the overall picture was of stabilization of hair loss"
(http://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/replicel-says-hair-loss-therapy-safe-glimmers-efficacy)

Now we need Shiseido to tell us what happens when people get multiple injections, of the correct dose. Do they get better regrowth? At optimal conditions, how powerful is this technology? --> We await phase 2 results. So we will know next year.

Leto

Reaction score
By the way guys, I don't know if I understood that correctly - it was ONE HIGH DOSAGE INJECTION for one area of scalp? For example one for crown, one for right temple, one for front etc? And just one injection resulted in 10-20% of higher density?

Jon_

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just one injection that increased the hair density by 10-20% is pretty good aight?

vernon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what do you mean by density, number of hairs per cm2 or thickness of individual strands? I guess its the first one

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So realistically this isn't going to cure hairloss. It's just a healthy (so we think) alternate treatment to finasteride that the body can intake without the worry of side effects. I was hoping that the treatment was going to be more effective than it is.

Also, does this procedure bring back dead, dying follicles or does it just maintain the current one's on the head? So say for example, would a Norwood 7 patient be a reliable candidate for this type of procedure or is it only available to those who have a sufficient amount of hair left..

Leto

Reaction score
So realistically this isn't going to cure hairloss. It's just a healthy (so we think) alternate treatment to finasteride that the body can intake without the worry of side effects. I was hoping that the treatment was going to be more effective than it is.

Also, does this procedure bring back dead, dying follicles or does it just maintain the current one's on the head? So say for example, would a Norwood 7 patient be a reliable candidate for this type of procedure or is it only available to those who have a sufficient amount of hair left..

Check out thread about Cotsarelis latest patent's and pictures of patients. Some were norwood 7 and had impressive regrowth.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Check out thread about Cotsarelis latest patent's and pictures of patients. Some were norwood 7 and had impressive regrowth.

Sorry but could you link me to it mate? Not very good at navigating my way around this site

br1

Reaction score

Nobody knows yet
Wait for trial results next year..

hanginginthewire

Reaction score

If it truly halts you where you are at you can combine it with hair transplants. So NW5 or less get Replicel and get a couple transplants. Cured. Theoretically.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Edit: Sorry I forgot links on this site don't accept the youtube time stamp. I meant to link to ~9:00 min

Last edited:

br1

Reaction score
They will probably just repeat the same as they have in the last 12 months.. Plus the release of their dermal injector.

But, anyways, is always good to have "something"... If anybody could find out when they will present, that would be great.. I could not find it myself.

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
I found their poster for 47th Annual ESDR Meeting

upload_2017-9-28_1-25-28.png

source: http://esdr.org/pdf/2017ESDRabstracts.pdf