Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

br1

Reaction score
So just to make sure I have this right

Shiseido's phase 2 will set to end 2nd half of 2018 which is the exact same time that there will be a commercial release in Japan? Right?

Also, japans laws allow for limited commercial use of stem procedures DURING phase 2 of testing and development but shiseido simply is going for that? Or is it AFTER phase 2?
No, no...

The trial will end next year, and DATA will be released by the end of the year. Then, Lee said IT COULD BE POSSIBLE that commercialization would follow..

I personally think 2019 looks more of a reliable release date..

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm encouraged by the qualifications of the individual involved. It may bring us one step closer to understanding mechanisms but introducing genetic factors into those deficient (if that is the case) is another matter. On the other hand if it's revealed to be some type of antibody factor, there could be treatment within reach.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't get how this isn't a cure. I mean, unless a person does not have good donor hair.

Reactions: br1

br1

Reaction score
I don't get how this isn't a cure. I mean, unless a person does not have good donor hair.
Was thinking the same, after I read the last interview with Lee Buckler.. He said Androgenetic Alopecia patients lack some cells (which are affected by DHT and die).. And, then when they injected the new cells (taken from the back of the head, and so, immune to DHT) they migrated to re-populate/replace the missing ones. And then making the follicles also immune.

That sounds like a cure to me.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Was thinking the same, after I read the last interview with Lee Buckler.. He said Androgenetic Alopecia patients lack some cells (which are affected by DHT and die).. And, then when they injected the new cells (taken from the back of the head, and so, immune to DHT) they migrated to re-populate/replace the missing ones. And then making the follicles also immune.

when is this sh*t likely to come out?

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score

What kind of density can you get from a transplant with a solid donor hair? I was under the impression that the procedure itself may not be able to offer the density needed to restore thick hair, regardless of donor hair available?

br1

Reaction score
What kind of density can you get from a transplant with a solid donor hair? I was under the impression that the procedure itself may not be able to offer the density needed to restore thick hair, regardless of donor hair available?
Well, it's not a transplant.. They will inject cells into the scalp. And, they multiply your donor cells, to the millions before injecting back. So, I don't think one needs a huge "donor area"?

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can I know?

From official sources, trials will be finished in Japan, end of 2018. After that, if everything was OK, it can go to market - no more trials needed for that.

data is expected in Q2 2018. Possible release will be in Q4 2018.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, it's not a transplant.. They will inject cells into the scalp. And, they multiply your donor cells, to the millions before injecting back. So, I don't think one needs a huge "donor area"?

My bad, for whatever reason I took the poster above you that said there's no reason why this and a transplant right now isn't a cure. I assumed that's why you were talking about donor area, but I got you now.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not promising. To me, that sounds like the they aren't happy with the median response rate, and they're trying to figure out why the standard deviation was so significant. And I say that as a stock owner. The market seems to feel the same way, as there was an 8% selloff today.

I still think it's a great stock long-term, especially when they get their injector to market. The skin product is also really promising, but I think the hair product is by far the weakest of their portfolio. Follica continues to be the protocol with the best shot at near-term success.

Once again.... if this can completely stop hair loss for 5 years at a time this is a functional cure. Just like they said it was