Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not true man. Most users stay above baseline. All research points to that direction.

I'm a long term user and can tell you both finasteride and avodart are insanely strong and fullfill their purpose very well.

Dont expect miracles though
Well, I don’t know how you can say that. How old are you? I’m 39. A slow loser. Started finasteride when I was 21. Worked wonders for a decade. Then slowly lost its effectiveness. All five of my friends, of equal age who have done the same as I have experienced gradual loss of efficacy as well. They can tell you all the “statistics” they want, but actual experience leads me to believe the opposite. And I religiously and fanatically used everything. finasteride, min, RU. Seti. Just my two cents.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Sadly that isn't how data is gathered on effectiveness over time. You are saying that we have to take the word of you and your friends over the course of 10 years? With no photo evidence? Like not to be a dick but people come on here with photos being on finasteride for 3 years or longer and pretend they lost '60%' of their hair and the photos look the same.

People are weird about their hair and I think I'd rather take a scientific study over your word.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sadly that isn't how data is gathered on effectiveness over time. You are saying that we have to take the word of you and your friends over the course of 10 years? With no photo evidence? Like not to be a dick but people come on here with photos being on finasteride for 3 years or longer and pretend they lost '60%' of their hair and the photos look the same.

People are weird about their hair and I think I'd rather take a scientific study over your word.
Buddy, no one is convincing you of anything. Eat your pills. Enjoy your maintenance. I don’t care what you do, no offense. In the end, we are all unltimately worried about our own situations. If your hair came back tomorrow, or it all fell out tomorrow, you wouldn’t care what I or anyone else on here told you. You would only be concerned about what you were experiencing. I don’t owe you my photo evidence. I don’t care that you believe me. I do care that we all cross the finish line somehow, and together. We are getting closer to that. In my post did I ever tell you to do or not do something? No. I just gave you my experience. Take it or leave it.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
23 November.
Considering their last intervention, keep your expectations low, in terms of release date.

Low expectations? On this forum??

Sooooooo, we’re looking at Henrik Lundqvist like locks available after the new year, correct?

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not true man. Most users stay above baseline. All research points to that direction.

I'm a long term user and can tell you both finasteride and avodart are insanely strong and fullfill their purpose very well.

Don't expect miracles though

The original Propecia study ran with about 2000 men enrolled. The arm of the extension study we base the famous graph on was about 200 men left on Propecia and only 15 on placebo. Considering most of those that dropped out will have done so because of poor response and the tiny amount of placebo patients left, the stats we have are almost certainly distorted to some degree.

It's also worth noting that at the end of the five year study the difference between mean hair count of those on Propecia and those on Placebo was about 10%.

Finasteride is the most effective hair loss treatment we have. But I think the stats we have and our perceptions of just how effective it is are a little skewed.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The original Propecia study ran with about 2000 men enrolled. The arm of the extension study we base the famous graph on was about 200 men left on Propecia and only 15 on placebo. Considering most of those that dropped out will have done so because of poor response and the tiny amount of placebo patients left, the stats we have are almost certainly distorted to some degree.

It's also worth noting that at the end of the five year study the difference between mean hair count of those on Propecia and those on Placebo was about 10%.

Finasteride is the most effective hair loss treatment we have. But I think the stats we have and our perceptions of just how effective it is are a little skewed.

There are more recent studies that surpases the 5 year mark, but none as detailed as the one Rossi did in 2012:

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/re...-to-investigate-long-term-effects-and-safety/

After reading what Bernstein posted i suggest you to download the study and read it. Its pretty interesting, worth spending some time analyzing the data.

Among very good stuff you will find that more than 90% stayed above baseline after 10 years and 86% were equal or better at year 10 than year 5.

Also there is a 4 year study of avodart showing a 99.4% maintenance rate. Will try to find that one.

Back on topic, im all in for a non antiandrogenic treatment like Shiseido cellular therapy. Much more elegant, safe (lets hope) and convenient for all of us.

Last edited:

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are more recent studies that surpases the 5 year mark, but none as detailed as the one Rossi did in 2012:

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/re...-to-investigate-long-term-effects-and-safety/

After reading what Bernstein posted i suggest you to download the study and read it. Its pretty interesting, worth spending some time analyzing the data.

Among very good stuff you will find that more than 90% stayed above baseline after 10 years and 86% were equal or better at year 10 than year 5.

Also there is a 4 year study of avodart showing a 99.4% maintenance rate. Will try to find that one.

Back on topic, im all in for a non antiandrogenic treatment like Shiseido cellular therapy. Much more elegant, safe (lets hope) and convenient for all of us.

It is interesting what you mentioned, I with Avodart have kept everything after 2 years, I even have more hair but miniaturized. I have doubts that avodart can recover the thickness of healthy hair. I think Repricel can achieve that.