Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never said you do, but if your hairs from your safe zone are prone to balding due to genetics (DUPA) than I have my doubts the treatment would be effective.

The treatment would be just as effective.

The issue is that it would likely be too difficult to predict what hair is NOT going to miniaturize before it's too late to be of any use.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the cause of a persons DUPA is because of androgens

That's always the cause

a person isn't a responder to medication then they are essentially fucked.

No? What this thing can do quite certainly at this point is provide some lasting immunity (possibility indefinitely) to vulnerable hair. Medication has literally nothing to do with any of it. Whether propecia works for you or not is irrelevant.

If a person is losing follicles in the donor area that is suppose to be immune to the negative effects of androgens I don't see how the treatment could have any benefit solely based on the premise that the dermal sheath cup cells are taken from follicles that are immune to the inflammatory effects of androgens.

It doesn't work to counteract inflammation.

It works to supply hair vulnerable to shrinkage because of genetics with cells that don't suffer from the condition to prevent them from doing so.

But if this thing can't provide a lot of regrowth, which it honestly probably won't, then it's probably not a viable option for DUPA sufferers since like I said: The hair would be too far gone before you could make an accurate judgement of which follicles you need to harvest.

Prevention isn't possible if the disease has already come to pass.

SkinDiesel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's always the cause

No? What this thing can do quite certainly at this point is provide some lasting immunity (possibility indefinitely) to vulnerable hair. Medication has literally nothing to do with any of it. Whether propecia works for you or not is irrelevant.

It doesn't work to counteract inflammation.

It works to supply hair vulnerable to shrinkage because of genetics with cells that don't suffer from the condition to prevent them from doing so.

But if this thing can't provide a lot of regrowth, which it honestly probably won't, then it's probably not a viable option for DUPA sufferers since like I said: The hair would be too far gone before you could make an accurate judgement of which follicles you need to harvest.

Prevention isn't possible if the disease has already come to pass.
If you were a DUPA sufferer, do you think a combination of this + follicles could prove an effective treatment?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Georgie and Xander xD

I didn't know she was Australian.

If you were a DUPA sufferer, do you think a combination of this + follicles could prove an effective treatment?

I personally think that will be effective regardless of whether you have DUPA or not.

I've heard it explained that because the hair created post-wounding comes from the same skin that gave birth to the previous hair, it may not be resilient to balding in the long term. I can't see any reason why using RepliCel's technology on those new follicles wouldn't work just as well.

Bigoldben

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Out of interest, do the hairs or the back of the head have more resistance or is it harder for DHT to reach those points?

My Grandfather lost his permanent zone on the back of his head between his mid-sixties and eighties so I imagine mine as things stand would last that long too and therefore RCH-01 would be a viable solution for me. However if this area is still susceptible eventually would the treatment still work in the medium term?

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Out of interest, do the hairs or the back of the head have more resistance or is it harder for DHT to reach those points?

My Grandfather lost his permanent zone on the back of his head between his mid-sixties and eighties so I imagine mine as things stand would last that long too and therefore RCH-01 would be a viable solution for me. However if this area is still susceptible eventually would the treatment still work in the medium term?

Donor hairs have been tested in vitro and they are susceptible to DHT as well but at very high concentrations, higher than what occurs in vivo. Most men wont live long enough to see their donor hair thin.

It's been said that all men will eventually get prostate cancer if they live long enough just by virtue of carcinogenic hormone exposure over a long enough period of time. I think the same could be said about donor hair balding but that is just my own theory.

Anyway, i plan to continue finasteride with my rch-01 so hopefully i will be good for centuries..

Bigoldben

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Donor hairs have been tested in vitro and they are susceptible to DHT as well but at very high concentrations, higher than what occurs in vivo. Most men wont live long enough to see their donor hair thin.

It's been said that all men will eventually get prostate cancer if they live long enough just by virtue of carcinogenic hormone exposure over a long enough period of time. I think the same could be said about donor hair balding but that is just my own theory.

Anyway, i plan to continue finasteride with my rch-01 so hopefully i will be good for centuries..

Yeah I don’t think there’s a man alive who doesn’t have male pattern baldness to an extent. I reckon it depends on how susceptible the hair is. That’s why a cure is so difficult, it’s like trying to cure shortness. That said I reckon most people who go bald younger than 30 will eventually lose a significant amount of their donor area.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t think there’s a man alive who doesn’t have male pattern baldness to an extent. I reckon it depends on how susceptible the hair is. That’s why a cure is so difficult, it’s like trying to cure shortness. That said I reckon most people who go bald younger than 30 will eventually lose a significant amount of their donor area.

I started going bald at 16. When is shishiedo coming out, best case scenario?

Bigoldben

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Best case scenario 2019.

Well according to a post a while back the two year trial will end at the end of June. The company will then have to check their results for efficacy and safety and then they will choose when it comes out but the most likely scenario, if it’s effective, is 2019 in Japan.

Marcaronii

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well according to a post a while back the two year trial will end at the end of June. The company will then have to check their results for efficacy and safety and then they will choose when it comes out but the most likely scenario, if it’s effective, is 2019 in Japan.
Best case scenario 2019