Replicel Interview w/ Dr. Rolf Hoffmann & Lee Buckler

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It will come out in our lifetime if it works. The question is will it work, and will it come out before our youth has passed us by.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway youth of most of us will be wasted. Getting full head of hair at 50 after 30 years of balding subhuman life will be a minor consolation anyway.

The only good outcome is next generation will be finally cured of this disease. Will be funny btw be the last bald generation.

Most of the world is dirt poor, this is a first world only treatment. Most of the world will not be able to afford Replicel and willgo bald anyway. Well actually most of the world don't go bald until old, but most of the world's balding population won't be able to afford treatment.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most of the world is dirt poor, this is a first world only treatment. Most of the world will not be able to afford Replicel and willgo bald anyway. Well actually most of the world don't go bald until old, but most of the world's balding population won't be able to afford treatment.

Women in 2nd and 3rd world countries don't have as much hatred towards baldness as women in 1st world countries. Hair loss in those countries isn't as big of a deal as it is in North America. Try being in Toronto, Canada... it easily has some of the most vicious women on the planet, we spawned Anita Sarkeesian, the SlutWalk protests, Chanty Binx, we have women that only date men for free dinners, etc.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not true. While women in poor countries highly value the ability of a man to provide for a family, they don't find male pattern baldness any less unattractive than women in first world countries. We're comparatively unlucky in losing the genetic lottery, but comparatively lucky in our ability to access treatments, drugs and surgeries to prevent/ameliorate it.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a thought last night;

Replicel had an increase in vellus hair density of 24.9% after only 6 months. That's a significant number. But... what about further injections of Replicel? Think of it this way;

A normal follicle has up to around 3,000 DP cells. If the DSC controls the DP, and DSC cells convert to DP cells, then would it be illogical to think that the vellus hair producing follicles could get more DP cells with further Replicel injections of DSC cells and ultimately grow into full terminal hair growing follicles?

25% is a big jump. Anyway, still curious to see what the 1 year mark would look like.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had a thought last night;

Replicel had an increase in vellus hair density of 24.9% after only 6 months. That's a significant number. But... what about further injections of Replicel? Think of it this way;

A normal follicle has up to around 3,000 DP cells. If the DSC controls the DP, and DSC cells convert to DP cells, then would it be illogical to think that the vellus hair producing follicles could get more DP cells with further Replicel injections of DSC cells and ultimately grow into full terminal hair growing follicles?

25% is a big jump. Anyway, still curious to see what the 1 year mark would look like.

If phase 1 is just for safety and not dosing they might achieve what your describing with the initial injections alone.

But if it's a safe treatment more cells can't hurt I.e. Multiple injections.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Women in 2nd and 3rd world countries don't have as much hatred towards baldness as women in 1st world countries. Hair loss in those countries isn't as big of a deal as it is in North America.

I can attest to that. After having been with a woman from somewhere outside North America, I would say for those of us looking for wives to work on being able to offer financial security and to get in decent physical shape. Doesnt cost a lot to dress well and keep hair short and neat as possible. Shaved heads are still in style and at least until such time as a cure or effective treatment comes our way. More hair would be nice, but a lot of women are just looking for a man who is fit and brings home a pay cheque. I think wanting more hair is for our own mental well being more than anything. Many women want to be the pretty one in the couple. Just sayin?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score

$887 dollars per treatment according to this one from March?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want some imported wife. I want a wife who has the same first language, grew up in the same culture, and can truly connect with me, and give me kids who look like me.

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with that.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Women in 2nd and 3rd world countries don't have as much hatred towards baldness as women in 1st world countries. Hair loss in those countries isn't as big of a deal as it is in North America. Try being in Toronto, Canada... it easily has some of the most vicious women on the planet, we spawned Anita Sarkeesian, the SlutWalk protests, Chanty Binx, we have women that only date men for free dinners, etc.

Question: do Toronto men pay less often for women's dinner after the case of Erin Wotherspoon?

http://m.huffpost.com/ca/entry/4173996