Replicel Hair Loss Treatment Trial Is Set To Begin In Japan

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question: if this makes the top hair on our scalps immune to DHT, does that not only mean the prevention of further loss but also the reversal of miniaturization? Wouldn't the miniaturized hairs be able to go terminal in the absence of being affected by DHT?

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it takes them 5-8 months to culture the cells and then you will need to have injections twice at a 6 month interval to target every hair, that would mean three round trips to Japan!

Three round trips!

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it takes them 5-8 months to culture the cells and then you will need to have injections twice at a 6 month interval to target every hair, that would mean three round trips to Japan!

Three round trips!
Fly budget

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score

Three round trips!
i thought it took 5-8 weeks to culture the cells?

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but 3 round trips wouldn't stop me from going if the results were good - especially if the treatment is as reasonably priced as some seem to think it is.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but 3 round trips wouldn't stop me from going if the results were good - especially if the treatment is as reasonably priced as some seem to think it is.

What would be more problematic for me would be having to have two punch biopsies to cover the two window periods.

If this were something that needed to be repeated every few years, they couldn't keep on taking two biopsies every round. The scarring would be disfiguring.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What would be more problematic for me would be having two or more punch biopsies to cover the two windows.
You're assuming that they can't do one biopsy and just store the cells for use 6 months after your initial injection.

If they see positive results as the trial progresses, I'm sure they'll start looking into a business model and releasing more details. Hopefully they'll determine that they can do one biopsy and store the cells for the return trip. I'm not sure if the cells lose them potency/signature if they're stored for too long. Time will tell, no sense worrying about the details until we hear it from the horses mouth.

I don't see multiple biopsies stopping anyone (especially those with severe hair loss) from getting this treatment.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're assuming that they can't do one biopsy and just store the cells for use 6 months after your initial injection.

If they see positive results as the trial progresses, I'm sure they'll start looking into a business model and releasing more details. Hopefully they'll determine that they can do one biopsy and store the cells for the return trip. I'm not sure if the cells lose them potency/signature if they're stored for too long. Time will tell, no sense worrying about the details until we hear it from the horses mouth.

I don't see multiple biopsies stopping anyone (especially those with severe hair loss) from getting this treatment.

I think this was something I asked during my interview with them in Miami... I *think* they can do this without having to perform an additional biopsy.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think this was something I asked during my interview with them in Miami... I *think* they can do this without having to perform an additional biopsy.
Yea, now that you mention it I seem to remember you discussing that with them. I have to give that interview another listen when I have some free time. I know they also discussed how long it would take to culture the cells as well.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but I see a problem. DHT isn't the only cause of balding or Dutasteride would be a cure

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Between this and Tsuji's research, you seem really concerned about the size of the biopsy area and whether or not we'll need more than 1 procedure...both procedures need pretty small donor areas, so I really don't get why you're so focused on this. We don't really know if either works, so you're also obsessing over the potential for multiple treatments when we don't even know if/when 1 will work. For all we know, IF both work, they could be available in the US by the time you need a second done.

Yeah I am worried about all of this. I don't want lots of needless punch biopsies on my scalp.

I know Shiseido will require a biopsy so it's something of a shame to see they made an illustration showing tweezers(?!) and plucked hairs, giving the impression that this procedure could be completely non-invasive and scar-free.

medical_pic_02.jpg

maomao

Reaction score
If this were something that needed to be repeated every few years, they couldn't keep on taking two biopsies every round. The scarring would be disfiguring.

Mate, I have a 1cm around strip scar. I don't like it, but you can hide it with a number 4 guard cut.

One or two .5cm biopsy punches are nothing. If they did it down by the nape, it would never be noticed anyway.

Solomon

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow guys, what the hell. You are complaining about small biopsy? And what about injection, does it bother you too? You all want to swallow 1 pill and regrow full head or what?!

BTW I have seen biopsy and it is very small

maomao

Reaction score
I wonder if they have got all the trial members yet?

Does anyone have any contact info for them about seeing if there is any space left?

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow guys, what the hell. You are complaining about small biopsy? And what about injection, does it bother you too? You all want to swallow 1 pill and regrow full head or what?!

Agreed, people worried about a/multiple small biopsy in turn for possibly a full head of hair are crazy.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate, I have a 1cm around strip scar. I don't like it, but you can hide it with a number 4 guard cut.

One or two .5cm biopsy punches are nothing. If they did it down by the nape, it would never be noticed anyway.

Hair from the nape is unstable (for most people). The permanent zone is far narrower.

Yes, one or two biopsies would be fine. But truth is nobody knows how often you'd need top ups. Can you imagine 5 or 6 biopsies being taken every decade?

It would be much better if they could harness the cells just by plucking hair (as shown in their illustration) or removing individual follicles like with fue.

Wow Solomon, you have actually seen the biopsy Shiseido are going to use? Well that's a relief. Do you know if they'll store your cells indefinitely?

Replicel have said different things about the biopsy size on different occasions, ranging from 4 to 8mm.

Last edited:

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed, people worried about a/multiple small biopsy in turn for possibly a full head of hair are crazy.

It won't be a full head of hair! There might not be any regrowth at all. Replicel is focused on immunization not regrowth.

Tsuji's method is for permanent one time regrowth and for that I would GLADLY have biopsy/ies done.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
It won't be a full head of hair! There might not be any regrowth at all. Replicel is focused on immunization not regrowth.

Tsuji's method is for permanent one time regrowth and for that I would GLADLY have biopsy/ies done.

That's your opinion. Every presentation, interview, press release, web page, etc. talks about regrowth... their focus is on, and in their exact words a 'functional cure'.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's your opinion. Every presentation, interview, press release, web page, etc. talks about regrowth... their focus is on, and in their exact words a 'functional cure'.

Yeah I remember Lee Buckler saying that in your interview. I'm not sure where he's got this from because Replicel's trials didn't show any significant regrowth, only some claims of increased "density". I read no claims of de novo hair growth.

InzD8.png

Last edited: