Replicel Hair Loss Treatment Trial Is Set To Begin In Japan

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
That higher figure of 106 for Poland is just one data set but the true average is 92, which is much lower than japan. On some tests the japanese score as high as 113, but the average is 105. Germanys is 99, despite scoring 107 on the cattell culture fair, which is exact study you are referring to.

Untitled_2.jpg

(source: http://www.ttu.ee/public/m/mart-mur...nifying_Construct_for_the_Social_Sciences.pdf)

The IQ range, or standard deviation is not higher amongst westerners, meaning the japanese bell curve is not a thinner shape than the western one. There is no data to support the iq range is narrower, so your argument doesn't hold up. Why are there more east asians in gifted programs if they had such a narrow range of intelligence? You need a mensa level IQ to gain entry to gifted programs, and there are more east asians in them :"For 1997, according to the Office of Civil rights (1999), 5.64% of the total enrollment was enrolled in gifted programs- 9.41% of Asians, 6.79% of White"

The visual spatial difference is more significant than 5 IQ points though. its 10 points i believe.

There's really no point discussing this any further with you. You're dead set on cherry picking the best data for Japan, and the worst data for the West. The best IQ data for the Japanese is taken from standardized tests, not real IQ tests. Given the stronger emphasis on education in Asian communities, that is not an accurate reflection of ability. An actual IQ test found am average IQ of 99 in Japan. Now I don't doubt that is on the low end, but the number of geniuses is obviously much lower in Japan or they would have made more contributions to society than simply copying Western ideas.

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score
There's really no point discussing this any further with you. You're dead set on cherry picking the best data for Japan, and the worst data for the West. The best IQ data for the Japanese is taken from standardized tests, not real IQ tests. Given the stronger emphasis on education in Asian communities, that is not an accurate reflection of ability. An actual IQ test found am average IQ of 99 in Japan. Now I don't doubt that is on the low end, but the number of geniuses is obviously much lower in Japan or they would have made more contributions to society than simply copying Western ideas.

Im not the one collecting the data buddy. If you think the data has been cherry picked you can take it up with the actual researcher, Richard Lynn, who is the one of the world leaders of intelligence research btw.

East asians, like the ancient chinese were more innovative than westerners throughout most of history, Joseph Needham did a lot of research about this. i dont buy the asians 'just copy' argument.

The Japanese innovated iPS technology, and by the looks of things will be the leading light of regenerative medicine. Since the government started investing more in the nobel prize in 2001(https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/dec/16/japan.internationaleducationnews) They've won the same amount of nobels as Germany AND Italy combined, despite there being more of them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nobel_laureates_by_country#Japan

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You must be an asian supremacist. I wouldn't brag about beating Italy, they aren't exactly know for their brains. Japan will never beat the Nordic countries on a per capita basis. That is until the demographics change.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
"IQ of the noble class" - you are definitely an imbecile.

I work with Japanese people every day, they are no smarter than Americans. You are making assumptions based on silly things you read and you are trying to draw parallels in order to sound smart (but you don't).

I didn't say they were, so I guess that makes you the imbecile. Ken is the one arguing that they are superior.

marco75

Established Member
Reaction score
Will this be able to grow back hair (head hair) or is it just to arrest hairloss?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will this be able to grow back hair (head hair) or is it just to arrest hairloss?

Theoretically it should grow a full head of hair. 6 month results after Phase 1 didn't show that, but even hair transplants at 6 months aren't definitive. 12 month results is where the real magic should be noticeable. We'll see.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Theoretically it should grow a full head of hair.

You think Replicel's method is capable of doing that? I thought it would only be for maintenance and maybe a little regrowth at best. They aren't cloning the hairs so how could it possibly give you a full head?

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop hijacking the thread with these idiotic topics. I don't care if a f*****g Eskimo cures AA and neither should you; and as a general rule you shouldn't make generalizations about people based on studies, that's like subscribing to the eugenics model.
Hey!! Do you have anything against eskimos??? Kidding...

Theoretically it should grow a full head of hair. 6 month results after Phase 1 didn't show that, but even hair transplants at 6 months aren't definitive. 12 month results is where the real magic should be noticeable. We'll see.
I understand there are rules about a clinical trial and the collection of data, but I am amazed that none of the participants haven't come forward after such a trial if they got great results. That also goes for Samumed, Histogen and other type of trials that were too short to show really good results. I agree with you that a longer treatment / post-treatment period would be more exciting in terms of results as minoxidil, finasteride and hair transplants in general takes more time than the typical 3-6 months of trials to show good results.

I guess we'll know sometime next year or by latest end of 2018.

MihailV

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey!! Do you have anything against eskimos??? Kidding...

I understand there are rules about a clinical trial and the collection of data, but I am amazed that none of the participants haven't come forward after such a trial if they got great results. That also goes for Samumed, Histogen and other type of trials that were too short to show really good results. I agree with you that a longer treatment / post-treatment period would be more exciting in terms of results as minoxidil, finasteride and hair transplants in general takes more time than the typical 3-6 months of trials to show good results.

I guess we'll know sometime next year or by latest end of 2018.

It's normal because i am 99,9% sure every patient signed a contract of non-disclosure.

yep78

Reaction score
pegasus started it

I cringed over this whole argument. This quote from Ken1983 shows that he's a child that needs to grow up. In the past few days I've been in different threads, and he is by far the most annoying commenter ever. And Ken, if you read this... no I'm not interested in having a child-like argument with you little buddy.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is Shiseido going to take a scalp punch biopsy like RepliCel or will they use individually plucked hairs like in their illustration?

I wouldn't want a punch biopsy if I can avoid it, especially if the treatment is not much more affective than finisteride and has to be repeated every few years.

Replicel biopsy:

replicel-investorshareholder-november-2012-presentation-10-638.jpg

Shiseido plucked hairs?

images

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
Are these phase 2 trials? Did they do phase 1, if yes what results did they get in phase 1 ?What is the excitement all about?

inmyhead

Reaction score
Are these phase 2 trials? Did they do phase 1, if yes what results did they get in phase 1 ?What is the excitement all about?

I think the excitement is because most of guys thought that replicel is dead. But the fact that they are progressing with trials means that their method should work( i hope )

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is some presentation from 2012 where they show best case 20% increase in hair count, worse case 6% drop. It's telling that they said that they are testing this on people with thinning hair however at $900 I would consider it.