Replicel Hair Loss Treatment Trial Is Set To Begin In Japan

Crespo88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is awesome news! The japanese will save us. I have allways had great confidence in them. They are not lazy or sloppy like us westerners. They have great work ethic.

hwezdarik

Established Member
Reaction score
Considering Kyocera, Replicel, CB, SM, Brotzu, SETI, Histogen & Kerastem and topical finasteride. We are saveeeed :)

If there is anything I missed out, feel free to add to the list :)

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Forward progress is always exciting news.

I find it interesting that Shiseido/Replicel have stated it will take 5-8 months to culture the cells for their treatment and RIKEN is aiming for 2-3 weeks to culture cells.

5-8 months would require making two trips to Japan where 2-3 weeks you could just stay there and wait it out. Either way I don't care as long as this gives me back my hair. Fingers crossed.

Edit: @Torin It may be 5-8 weeks, I'll research, come back and confirm. But it's definitely longer than the 2-3 weeks RIKEN is quoting.

Last edited:

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Forward progress is always exciting news.

I find it interesting that Shiseido/Replicel have stated it will take 5-8 months to culture the cells for their treatment and RIKEN is aiming for 2-3 weeks to culture cells.

5-8 months would require making two trips to Japan where 2-3 weeks you could just stay there and wait it out. Either way I don't care as long as this gives me back my hair. Fingers crossed.

5-8 months for Shiseido? I thought it was like 3 weeks.

So does that mean if Shiseido's trial started in September, the test patients may have to potentially wait till next May to have their injections?

Also, where in Dr. Kevin McElwee in all of this?

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is awesome news! The japanese will save us. I have allways had great confidence in them. They are not lazy or sloppy like us westerners. They have great work ethic.
Actually, Replicel is a Canadian company. They licensed RCH-01 to Shiseido. The reason Shiseido is going to beat Replicel to market is because of Japan's lax laws, it has nothing to do with work ethic,which is declining in Japan just like in the West.

Now that I've read the article I see that it mentions that right in the first paragraph, if you had bothered to read. Perhaps you shouldn't project your own laziness onto a whole civilization, it's insulting.

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually, Replicel is a Canadian company. They licensed RCH-01 to Shiseido. The reason Shiseido is going to beat Replicel to market is because of Japan's lax laws, it has nothing to do with work ethic,which is declining in Japan just like in the West.

Now that I've read the article I see that it mentions that right in the first paragraph, if you had bothered to read. Perhaps you shouldn't project your own laziness onto a whole civilization, it's insulting.

Japan is much more productive than western nations, and the stats prove this. Just look at japans patent count per million, it totally smashes western countries:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Intellectual_Property_Indicators

Last edited:

Crespo88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I´m sorry, I didnt mean to insult anyone. But that is my view. I live in Europe and I´ve been to almost all countries here. I also been to Japan. There is huge differences in work ethic if you ask me between countries in europe and Japan. But offcourse there is a lot of people in west who have high working ethic.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the patent process is simpler and easier in Japan, that doesn't mean they are smarter or harder workers. They are only 7th in the number of Nobel Laureates, behind Sweden, despite having a much larger population.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...he-10-most-competitive-countries-in-the-world

This has them 6th in the world for productivity, behind Singapore and 4 "lazy" western countries. I'm not trying to knock Japan, it's a great country, with a smart population, but they are no smarter or harder working than many Western nations. The same cultural decline that has been impacting the West for decades is starting to impact Japan as well. It seems they are at their peak right now as their youth are becoming more interested in decadence than in work and duty.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the patent process is simpler and easier in Japan, that doesn't mean they are smarter or harder workers. They are only 7th in the number of Nobel Laureates, behind Sweden despite having a much larger population.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...he-10-most-competitive-countries-in-the-world

This has them 6th in the world for productivity, behind Singapore and 4 "lazy" western countries. I'm not trying to knock Japan, it's a great country, with a smart population, but they are no smarter or harder working than many Western nations. The same cultural decline that has been impacting the West for decades is starting to impact Japan as well. It seems they are at their peak right now as their youth are becoming more interested in decadence than in work and duty.

Who cares, really. All that's important is that it makes the FDA look like a pathetic waste of time dealing with.

efedrez

Reaction score
Replicel stock value has been going down for quite some sometime, but today went up 25%, so it looks like the market is also optimistic about the news.

I believe this increase should also have a lot to do with employees buying shares which is typically a great indicator for the health industry

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who cares, really. All that's important is that it makes the FDA look like a pathetic waste of time dealing with.

The FDA is a product of female logic, which has taken over in the USA. We can't let one person get hurt by a drug because we didn't spend millions of dollars, and waste decades of valuable time verifying its safety. Japan is still a patriarchal society, with very few lawyers. In that regard, it's superior to the West.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
The FDA is a product of female logic, which has taken over in the USA. We can't let one person get hurt by a drug because we didn't spend millions of dollars, and waste decades of valuable time verifying its safety. Japan is still a patriarchal society, with very few lawyers. In that regard, it's superior to the West.

FDA logic is stupid; we need to make sure a drug is safe but we're going to limit people testing for safety AND we'll make it last decades!

Who the hell decided on that??

Crespo88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thumbs up for Japans laws.

If all clinical trials goes good we could travel to japan and get injections in 5-8 months? That would be amazing.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
There will be an ARMY of bald people who are happy to serve science and be under experiments... WHY this is SO complicated.

I wonder there will be some territory (or country, like for money offshores) without these bureaucracy rules where people who are about nothing to lose will attend to experiments (balding, cancer and other bad deceases).

Imagine how science can progress if there'll be such territory...

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There will be an ARMY of bald people who are happy to serve science and be under experiments... WHY this is SO complicated.

I wonder there will be some territory (or country, like for money offshores) without these bureaucracy rules where people who are about nothing to lose will attend to experiments (balding, cancer and other bad deceases).

Imagine how science can progress if there'll be such territory...
Bahamas...

Ken1983

Established Member
Reaction score
So the patent process is simpler and easier in Japan, that doesn't mean they are smarter or harder workers.

East asians, like the japanese, have a slighly higher IQ than westerners do, on average. So it's pretty much a fact that they are smarter, on average.

Prominent researchers have collected mountains of data published by world class science journals, like elsevier, which proves this:

http://philipperushton.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Life-History-Theory-and-Race-Differences-An-Appreciation-of-Richard-Lynn’s-Contributions-to-Science-2012-by-John-Philippe-Rushton.pdf

http://www.ttu.ee/public/m/mart-mur..._calculated_and_validated_for_108_nations.pdf

Last edited:

DDobler

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, can someone please tell me the bottom line of these news? When do the trials begin, and when they're supposed to end? And when, if everything goes well, we could potentially get some nice injections?