Removing Glue From Hair On A Lace System?

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've ended up with a lot of seepage on two lace pieces. The hair needs a good clean to get rid of the glue (one is tape seepage, the other is ghost bond xl)

I've got shampoo, conditioner,C22, alcohol all to help get rid of it but this is something I've never been able to manage in the past.

Any guides out there to help me out?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've ended up with a lot of seepage on two lace pieces. The hair needs a good clean to get rid of the glue (one is tape seepage, the other is ghost bond xl)

I've got shampoo, conditioner,C22, alcohol all to help get rid of it but this is something I've never been able to manage in the past.

Read the thread about removing excess glue from lace...

Fanjeera

Reaction score

What do you think of this? Boiling water with dish soap. Why is it not recommended to wash with hot water?

TheLoneWigMaker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What do you think of this? Boiling water with dish soap. Why is it not recommended to wash with hot water?

Some people soak in Autoglym. It's all going to dry out the hair. But desperate times...

Just make sure to condition with argan oil afterwards.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey, how did you get on? I've just done it myself for the very first time

This is what I did

I used cotton wool to get the glue of the base to start with (should get most of it off)

I then put it in a soak of c-22 and walkers rapid release. (This only took a matter of minutes)

Used cotton wool to get any remaining adhesive

Shampoo the base

Shampoo and condition as usual.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Some people soak in Autoglym. It's all going to dry out the hair. But desperate times...

Just make sure to condition with argan oil afterwards.
Autoglym is safe, but this video is about something completely different: boiling water.

pferr

Reaction score
C22 should work wonders and if it is a more complex or tricky spot, then soaking it in C22 or a strong C22 water dilute should work. Just make sure to thoroughly rinse and then shampoo afterwards followed by a conditioner.

I would never use fairy liquid/dish cleaning liquid as this causes the colour to fade quicker.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Maybe the question is the pressure of water. Perhaps it should be really high for it to wash the glue away.

pferr

Reaction score
Maybe the question is the pressure of water. Perhaps it should be really high for it to wash the glue away.

Hmm I wouldn't want to put to much pressure on the system although it might not affect it. You want to be as gentle as you can.

What I sometimes do is spray C22 directly onto a fine tooth comb and gentle work the glue out. This is really effective. Otherwise putting some conditioner on your fingers and massaging it out.

Is it stick on the actual lace or the hair?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Hmm I wouldn't want to put to much pressure on the system although it might not affect it. You want to be as gentle as you can.

What I sometimes do is spray C22 directly onto a fine tooth comb and gentle work the glue out. This is really effective. Otherwise putting some conditioner on your fingers and massaging it out.

Is it stick on the actual lace or the hair?
Deep between lace holes, rather on the hair side of the base. There is lots of glue, more of it, that I do get off by just scraping with spoon, microfiber cottonswab, toothbrush or just with water pressure. That's the superficial part that's definitely under the base. But the deepest bits that are inbetween lace holes and maybe even deeper -- I can't get to them.

What I learned from Youtube: scrape the residual glue also from the hair side. Next time I am trying that.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This was a partial success. Not fully.

The bottom line is that I left it far too long.

I first of all tried my best to remove the glue from the lace using cotton wool and gently rolling it off. That works perfectly if it isn't too broken down.

Next I scraped C22 all over the under side of the base and in the hair.

I then shampooed the hair using the phl shampoo, and then rinsed it out in a sink with some fairy liquid in it before conditioning and rinsing out under the shower head.

Eventually I was able to squeeze some of the excess glue out of the lace by pinching it.

I sprayed using Knot sealer, using an alcohol wipe on the poly rim and got my tape on there

Once pm I sprayed in some leave in conditioner

The hair doesn't feel quite right. It's not got a clean texture but it's not so bad.

I've still got a full lace piece needing to clean. How do I do this half decently? What have I don't wrong here?

I saw comments in the other thread about fairy liquid but after my last salon loved using it, I suspect that is why the hair colour never ever lasted. But who knows what else they did on that score m

Fanjeera

Reaction score
This was a partial success. Not fully.

The bottom line is that I left it far too long.

I first of all tried my best to remove the glue from the lace using cotton wool and gently rolling it off. That works perfectly if it isn't too broken down.

Next I scraped C22 all over the under side of the base and in the hair.

I then shampooed the hair using the phl shampoo, and then rinsed it out in a sink with some fairy liquid in it before conditioning and rinsing out under the shower head.

Eventually I was able to squeeze some of the excess glue out of the lace by pinching it.

I sprayed using Knot sealer, using an alcohol wipe on the poly rim and got my tape on there

Once pm I sprayed in some leave in conditioner

The hair doesn't feel quite right. It's not got a clean texture but it's not so bad.

I've still got a full lace piece needing to clean. How do I do this half decently? What have I don't wrong here?

I saw comments in the other thread about fairy liquid but after my last salon loved using it, I suspect that is why the hair colour never ever lasted. But who knows what else they did on that score m
Did you even soak?

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it really? I've not managed to get a good enough result on this spare piece.

Once I've left it for let's say 8 hours. What is the next step? It's a full lace piece (Swiss)