Removing Glue From Hair On A Lace System?

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mean you have glue in your hair?

If so spray alcohol / lace release directly onto a fine tooth comb and comb it through the glue. Much easier.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. There is glue in the hair.

I'll give that a go! I think my last effort did a lot of good thankfully. I just need to tidy up a bit more now.

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice. Just make sure to apply some leave in conditioner afterwards to avoid hair getting dry.

Ali Javaid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the same issue with glue seeping from lace to the bottom half of hair. I can't find above 75% isopropyl alcohol so I have been soaking in 75% alcohol. It didn't do much in terms of removing residue from the hair, and so the hair was clumping together.

So I tried soaking the hair piece in walker solvent adhesive remover for around 30 minutes and then washing hair with shampoo and conditioner. I found the result to be significantly better. I was able to remove pretty much all of the glue and was able to style my hair much more easily. Yes, you need to use leave in conditioner daily to avoid hair getting dry. I don't soak all of the hair piece, just in 1/2 inch of remover which covers the base and the lower part of the hair.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Getting adhesive, particularly glue, in the hair is a real b**ch. That's why I don't like extended wear. I'll go 5 days to a week, and remove the adhesive, and re-attach.

I think I'm going to switch to all-poly next unit, as I like to use a lot of product, and hate how it interacts w the pores of the lace.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the same issue with glue seeping from lace to the bottom half of hair. I can't find above 75% isopropyl alcohol so I have been soaking in 75% alcohol. It didn't do much in terms of removing residue from the hair, and so the hair was clumping together.

So I tried soaking the hair piece in walker solvent adhesive remover for around 30 minutes and then washing hair with shampoo and conditioner. I found the result to be significantly better. I was able to remove pretty much all of the glue and was able to style my hair much more easily. Yes, you need to use leave in conditioner daily to avoid hair getting dry. I don't soak all of the hair piece, just in 1/2 inch of remover which covers the base and the lower part of the hair.

You can rub some conditioner into the glue-stuck bits in the hair and work the hair out of the glue that way.