Religion and Balding?

G

you need to find something to keep your mind off of yourself, if its religion then go for it, usually something like snowboarding works a litle better

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...good question. I think that "religion" can indeed ADD to your hairloss. For example, if you believe in a God who condemns you and is on the prowl for zapping your for everything that you do, then that can only increase your distress level, right? But I believe that there is a HUGE difference between "religion" and faith. Faith is a practice and a positive view of God. Faith is believing that God is for us NOT against us. Faith is a reality that lives on real hope and that can only add in a good way to life's experiences, don't you think?

Greg

Reaction score
80sRevival said:
Would religion allow us to better cope with balding?

Religion, music, sex.......anything except passing by a mirror or looking at the floor of your bathroom will help you cope with balding.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Greg1 said:
Hmmm...good question. I think that "religion" can indeed ADD to your hairloss. For example, if you believe in a God who condemns you and is on the prowl for zapping your for everything that you do, then that can only increase your distress level, right? But I believe that there is a HUGE difference between "religion" and faith. Faith is a practice and a positive view of God. Faith is believing that God is for us NOT against us. Faith is a reality that lives on real hope and that can only add in a good way to life's experiences, don't you think?

Greg

God isnt condemning u by giving u hair loss..he just wants u to come to him..In order to do that, u need to abandon all worldy pleasures and desires including yr looks which s why Buddhist monks shave their head..Go to him and shall be saved..

daedalus

Reaction score

This may be a sensitive topic for some, but I'll give my opinion anyway. Hope I don't offend anyone.

I don't think religion will help us better cope with anything. Not on a real level anyway. Look at what religion is doing to the world today. It divides man from man, it creates wars.

To me, organized religion is a crutch for those who are weak. How can you organize life into anything? Life is constantly changing, it's a fluid, dynamic experience. Once you try to organize it, it becomes dead. It becomes a dogma that is imposed upon others.

Beliefs are purely individual, and I think they should remain that way. Religion tries to organize beliefs, and some people cling to it because they want some kind of security or stability in their lives.

It seems that people are always trying to find happiness or peace "through" something, whether it's religion, drugs, another person, a new car, or whatever. But that's just avoiding the true root of the problem, which is understanding yourself and discovering life for yourself. Not just accepting what some so called religious authority says.

So my point is this - I don't think religion will help to cope with baldness. Because it's essentially like brushing dirt under the rug. I think it's better to just face the facts, accept yourself for who you are, and love yourself no matter what. I know it's easier said than done, and I definitely have days when I'm down because of hairloss. But I sure as hell am not going to look for fake comfort in religion.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
daedalus said:

This may be a sensitive topic for some, but I'll give my opinion anyway. Hope I don't offend anyone.

I don't think religion will help us better cope with anything. Not on a real level anyway. Look at what religion is doing to the world today. It divides man from man, it creates wars.

To me, organized religion is a crutch for those who are weak. Life is constantly changing, it's a fluid, dynamic experience. Once you try to organize it, it becomes dead. It becomes a dogma that is imposed upon others.

Beliefs are purely individual, and I think they should remain that way. Religion tries to organize beliefs, and some people cling to it because they want some kind of security or stability in their lives.

It seems that people are always trying to find happiness or peace "through" something, whether it's religion, drugs, another person, a new car, or whatever. But that's just avoiding the true root of the problem, which is understanding yourself and discovering life for yourself. Not just accepting what some so called religious authority says.

So my point is this - I don't think religion will help to cope with baldness. Because it's essentially like brushing dirt under the rug. I think it's better to just face the facts, accept yourself for who you are, and love yourself no matter what. I know it's easier said than done, and I definitely have days when I'm down because of hairloss. But I sure as hell am not going to look for fake comfort in religion.

First of all to answer your question ... Yes i do think religion can help you cope with hairloss .. if you truely believe in god and have the faith. This is coming from someone who does believe in god , jesus , the bible and so on .. it sounds like what daedalus said is coming from an athiest's point of view which I and any other even semi religeous person would consider to be 100 % wrong.

It can be flipped around for you and said that because you are insecure and weak you stray away from religion and choose disbelief in God. Essentially you're the one "brushing durt under the rug" by running away from religion. I do believe it can help you cope with anything on a real level because .. well it is real, no other way to really say it.

Religion itself is not creating wars , it doesnt say in the bible or in any religion to go take someones life or start war, its the persons choice / decision. It actually is the opposite. I havent really seen anywhere lately about christians/catholics at a war with anyone ... we're in fricking America.. There is organized religion because its true ... no ones making up facts .. no one made up the bible

And when you say "How can you organize life into anything?" what does that even mean??

So my point is - Religion can help you cope.. I think its better to face the facts, if you need help you can always turn to Religion for help, love yourself.

But this is all just my opinion about God and Religion. I'm not pointing a finger at anyone and when i say "you" i dont directly mean you .. you in general :D

tzed2

Reaction score
hahaha lol. well argueing with people that believe without a doubt that theres a man in the sky is pointless...a complete waste of my time,
however i'm obviosely retarded.

i dont see a single reason to believe theres a Christian god, give me one solid reason i dare you. oh sorry a book and a feeling wont do. i get the same from reading lord of the rings. give me a break "fallout boy" i think your living in a fantasy world if you believe there arent wars going on between religions. haha oh and Christians and Catholics? broaden your mind buddy theres other religions all believing they are the one true religion. also dont sweet talk when you obviously have a bone to pick. your contradicting yourself all over the place. am i the only one that feels creeped out when people want you to give in God and believe 100 percent in him...sounds like a cult to me... well then again aren’t major religions just large prettied cults? maybe you should study history "fallout boy" i think everyone should before considering giving faith.

i'd like to say please dont spout ignorance on forums..but then i wouldn’t be entertained.

i apologise if this thread is now out of context in this forum

drinkrum

Reaction score
fallout boy said:
daedalus said:

To me, organized religion is a crutch for those who are weak. Life is constantly changing, it's a fluid, dynamic experience. Once you try to organize it, it becomes dead. It becomes a dogma that is imposed upon others.

First of all to answer your question ... Yes i do think religion can help you cope with hairloss .. if you truely believe in god and have the faith. This is coming from someone who does believe in god , jesus , the bible and so on .. it sounds like what daedalus said is coming from an athiest's point of view which I and any other even semi religeous person would consider to be 100 % wrong.

It can be flipped around for you and said that because you are insecure and weak you stray away from religion and choose disbelief in God. Essentially you're the one "brushing durt under the rug" by running away from religion. I do believe it can help you cope with anything on a real level because .. well it is real, no other way to really say it.

Religion itself is not creating wars , it doesnt say in the bible or in any religion to go take someones life or start war, its the persons choice / decision. It actually is the opposite. I havent really seen anywhere lately about christians/catholics at a war with anyone ... we're in fricking America.. There is organized religion because its true ... no ones making up facts .. no one made up the bible

And when you say "How can you organize life into anything?" what does that even mean??

So my point is - Religion can help you cope.. I think its better to face the facts, if you need help you can always turn to Religion for help, love yourself.

But this is all just my opinion about God and Religion. I'm not pointing a finger at anyone and when i say "you" i dont directly mean you .. you in general :D

By the way, fallout boy, keep in mind the Bible was written by men, not unlike you or me. And it was passed on by people through oral tradition. So don't go on saying the Bible is full of facts. Obviously, the Earth is not the center of the universe, etc. If you want to argue semantics, please get your stuff straight first.

I am not arguing that religion can or cannot help you cope. For some people, religion plays a large part in their lives, and they are able to justify their losing their hair by keeping a strong faith. For others, who might not believe in God, perhaps the process of losing hair is a bit rougher. Whatever floats your boat.

Oh, and your point about there being organized religion because "it's true" doesn't really hold up when you consider Nazism, terrorism, etc. The Nazis and the terrorists were/are incredibly organized, does that make their cause any more righteous?

"It can be flipped around for you and said that because you are insecure and weak you stray away from religion and choose disbelief in God." Why would someone that is insecure and weak stray away from religion? What are they insecure about? Can you please clarify this point?

D.

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
Mmm, religion, my fave thing to argue about; i should resist...But perhaps I'll just get my toungue wet and reply to falloutboy (and i mean no disrespect in your faith) and his comment that it can be flipped and us athiests be the weak, simply put, i don't think it can. I dont think anyone is scared of the prospect of living for eternity in a paradise, I think if religion didnt go against what we feel common sense, we would have no problem being pious and living forever. This, however, is impossible for us to believe. Because anyone who reads the Bible critically -- which is your only true link to your religion -- knows that its filled with mistruths and down right contradictions (the first two chapters of genesis contradict each other!). And it's not that i'm (we're) not educated in religion and that's why we're not pious, I perhaps know the BIble better than you do, being raised with a christian mother, and taking a class in Bible and another in theology. It's just not possible for us to believe something that has absolutely no proof of existing. And yes, religion, more specifically the Bible, is at least in part responsible for alot of what bad's going on in the world today. Anyone who has read the Old Testament should know that alot of what goes on today has to do with promises of Holy Lands made therein. And not just with regards to that, it's everywhere, even our own government. But I dont have any real problem with believers, and I dont mean to offend. But when I read posts like that I just have to respond. I could go on for hours, Ireally could. But no beef, no beef.

Oh, and yes, if you're a believer, religion probably could help you cope with balding.

I guess us athiests are just damned in life as well as the afterlife. :evil:

I think this belongs in the misc section. Sorry HairLossTalk.com.

Hotlegs

Established Member
Reaction score
Belief in God, an after life, a heaven, a saviour and the many other core facets of organized religion is an example of that finest of human traits, selfishness.

You pay into your faith scheme with daily prayer and belief in the knowledge that when it comes to payout time at the gates of heaven you will be rewarded with entry and those who where non-believers will be cast down into the firey furnace of hell.

Religion is about looking after number one, always has been.

So this diety that created us may be omnipotent but a character flaw means he still needs to be validated by his creations with regular prayer and their adhering to his various rules. The deal being that those who drop to their knees and (quite literally) beg not to be burnt for ever in the after life will get eternal joy in heaven the rest can go f*** themselves in etenal pain, after all they didn't beg on a regular basis.

God is a fiction, my hope is that mankind will eventually evolve past this stage in our growth and learn to live together and develop into what we can be, not the savages that believe in god.

And as for war and religion! Are you f*****g blind!

EDIT: After I posted this message a shaft of light dropped from my portait of the virgen Mary. I heard a voice say REPENT!!! I am shaking like a leaf as I type this...will you all hold hands now and pray for me?

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guest said:
Belief in God, an after life, a heaven, a saviour and the many other core facets of organized religion is an example of that finest of human traits, selfishness.

You pay into your faith scheme with daily prayer and belief in the knowledge that when it comes to payout time at the gates of heaven you will be rewarded with entry and those who where non-believers will be cast down into the firey furnace of hell.

Religion is about looking after number one, always has been.

So this diety that created us may be omnipotent but a character flaw means he still needs to be validated by his creations with regular prayer and their adhering to his various rules. The deal being that those who drop to their knees and (quite literally) beg not to be burnt for ever in the after life will get eternal joy in heaven the rest can go f*** themselves in etenal pain, after all they didn't beg on a regular basis.

God is a fiction, my hope is that mankind will eventually evolve past this stage in our growth and learn to live together and develop into what we can be, not the savages that believe in god.

And as for war and religion! Are you f*****g blind!

A-----f*****g----------men!!!

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys are really on track about religion. It IS the cause for wars and murders throughout history. It should be eradicated!

Not sure what's up with the bible talk, though. I think I remember something in there about...

-religion-"If you want true religion, feed the poor and take care of orphans and widows"

-rules- "Love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength and love your neighbor as yourself"

I don't think it is remotely possible to have wars and murders following this kind of thinking.

As far as dealing with hairloss, I would think that if your mind is on the "things above", then wasting time looking vainly in the mirror at a slight flaw makes you a bit of a hypocrite, right?