Relation between hair spray and shedding

matt_1_

Reaction score
I know about the 3 shedding phases,

but lately, changing my hair style has made me use hair spray. Coincidentally, I started shedding like a b**ch and haven't stop since then (2 months now). Could there be a relation between both?

Note: When using this product, I've try making it that the spray only hit the hair in surface.

SE-freak

Reaction score
matt,

It is very possible that hair spray keeps hairs shed during the day "on" as it kind of glues hair shafts together. As a result you notice an extreme amount of hairs shed when you wet or comb your hair. Unless your scalp is on fire after using this spray or it is a new minoxidil lac(haha) I doubt it is the cause of increased shedding.

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
hair spray can dry out your hair , which can cause breakage, so youre not really shedding, your hair is breaking at the root--the only difference is that that is what id call"induced shedding" for lack of a better term...but its not a sign of male pattern baldness and not really shedding--so even if it breaks off--itll most likely grow back--unless its life span was up(due to dht and not the hair spray in and of itself)--think of it this way---u can pull hair out of your head with your finger--wax it off, shave it or whatever lol--itll still grow back--unless your genes/hormones have made it go bye bye...i find that even minoxidil can do that to your hair from the alcohol in it--and retin-a( i use a pre-mixed combo)fries the hair itself and causes it to break off-- bleaching and dying your hair too is the same type of concept--it dries your hair out, it breaks off, and so on...so if it didnt fall out due to nature no need to worry---for cosmetic purposes-nowadays i find its better to just leave my hair alone and it probably would be for you too..let it dry...put the med on your head..and be natural-no hairspray-no gel-no more products with alcohol in them to further dry out your hair and cause it to break, thereby giving your already thinning head of hair a less thciker appearance than it would be had you just left it alone-lets face it, the last thing our dwndling hairlines and crowns need is hair falling out from the styling crap we wanna put in it--im taking a break from toppik cuz the hairspray and the minoxidil are just making it way too brittle and prone to breakage--anyways--hope that helps

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
dd