Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, some regrowth, 9-12 months after shed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
okay to add to this I thought I'd say that as of today I can no longer pull hairs from my head and this is even after exacting quite a force on them! this is the first time this has been the case for years & years. What is the next logical step after this...

REGROWTH (hoprefully) fingers crossed, although I have seen no evidence of ANYONE recovering fully from a shed.

G

JDW said:
REGROWTH (hoprefully) fingers crossed, although I have seen no evidence of ANYONE recovering fully from a shed.

i recovered fully and more from a heavy dutasteride shed.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did it take you jayman and also can you describe the damage done by the shed as accurately as possible pleaes?

RP

Established Member
Reaction score
For me months 2-4 were the worst, after that it has been mainly improvement. The only area I´m still worried is the right side of my hairline which for some reason is still visibly more diffuse than the left side. But a fact is that it was slightly that way even before I started finasteride.

My Folligen just arrived today. Hope it`s gonna fix that problem since I have a couple of promising hair-startups there :D .

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You recovered from your shed RP but was that due to your minoxidil use do you think?

RP

Established Member
Reaction score
was that due to your minoxidil use do you think?

Impossible to tell for sure. I think that my shed was a combination of finasteride and the fact that I quitted minoxidil for three months when starting finasteride. And since I had been using minoxidil for three years my hair was (and is) undoubtedly quite dependant on it :( .

G

JDW said:
How long did it take you jayman and also can you describe the damage done by the shed as accurately as possible pleaes?

i lost hair from all male pattern baldness areas. none from side and back. i lost it from the front, the top the crown, nad hte bottom crown

my entire male pattern baldness area was see through 1.5 months after starting avodart. now its regrowing and my juvenile hairline is reeappearing as well. i was worrid like you guys were(especially because of the stories of avodart frontal sheds) but i rode it out.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to clear it up though, weren't you already experiencing regrowth from the propecia when you started dutasteride? In that case what happened, was it a case of the regrown hairs fell out as well or what exactly was the actual order of things?

G

nah i was wrong that was not regrowth it was miniaturized hairs. my original hairs fell oout in a shed and then regrew and hairs that i hadnt had in a few months/year grew back as well, thicker.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
good sh*t. I pray to god that by march I'm on here saying the same and re-assuring others that it'll all work out! :)

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
JDW said:
good $#iT. I pray to god that by march I'm on here saying the same and re-assuring others that it'll all work out! :)

Im about to start propecia tomorrow. Ill be looking up to you buddy! :)

Gonna go looking for a nice baseball cap too! :lol:

lunarjm

Reaction score
Bash said:
U really think that once you're good u'll walk away and never come back?

Pitty. After all the shed $#iT they went through and support they got here, they won't even browse by and share their delightful experiences...such selfish creatures we hair loss sufferers are.

And y u calling the poll stupid? It's fact bearing.

And by the way...worse case scenario is a terrible shed with no regrowth...shaving years off your hair in a matter of weeks. Sheds are a fact, right? But as far as I can tell...regrowth isn't.

That's my worst fear with starting finasteride, shedding with no regrowth and speeding up the process of going bald for nothing.

lunarjm

Reaction score
Cougar_20 said:
Had a bad shed right when I started taking propecia. It lasted for about 3 months. By month 6 it all started to grow back and probably looked best around the 10-12 month mark. I'm in month 15 and have gone through another pretty bad shed, my hair looks pretty crappy right now, but I hope that it will grow back like it did before!

The real question is, is your hair growing back thicker, stronger and fuller after the shed?? Otherwise what's the use of loosing hair you actually have just to replace it with new hair?

lunarjm

Reaction score
Re: looking for other polls

sp3sp2sp said:
Anyone know of any larger polls than this one? I have been following this thread and find it really strange that propecia actually accerlerates hair loss. Call it what you will, shedding or whatever, but if the hair doesn't grow back, statistically speaking, then thats hair loss (= gone forever).

Based on this poll and the shedding threads, why would anyone want to take a pill that has a higher probability of making your hair fall out than simply keeping the hair you already had, let alone "regrowth"?? I can't understand why Merck doesn't even acknowledge this shedding thing??

Based on forum, it seems that more people experience shedding than those who don't, and those who do shed, most do not grow it back. Propecia almost seems like a practical joke: A pill for hair loss that accelerates hair loss. ??

The million dollar ?

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lunarjm said:
Bash said:
U really think that once you're good u'll walk away and never come back?

Pitty. After all the shed $#iT they went through and support they got here, they won't even browse by and share their delightful experiences...such selfish creatures we hair loss sufferers are.

And y u calling the poll stupid? It's fact bearing.

And by the way...worse case scenario is a terrible shed with no regrowth...shaving years off your hair in a matter of weeks. Sheds are a fact, right? But as far as I can tell...regrowth isn't.

That's my worst fear with starting finasteride, shedding with no regrowth and speeding up the process of going bald for nothing.

If that happens im gonna be sue-ing the crap outta people lol!
These poll results are terrible! Maybe a re-trial on this drug is in order

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
JDW said:
good $#iT. I pray to god that by march I'm on here saying the same and re-assuring others that it'll all work out! :)

haha just found an ol post by me and seeing as it's march, I'm back. It's not working out just yet by the way although the shed has stopped. How long does it take for shed hair to regrow?!

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
I must say, these results is just killing my confidence right now. I'm on my 10th month and I think the shed has ended (I see less hair in the shower in the past few months) but I have lost a lot of density all over and I even have a huge thinning spot on my crown which I never had before.

I've been thinking all along that this is just a shed and that it'll grow back thicker in no time..... apparently I was under the wrong impression and that there's a GOOD chance I won't get anymore regrowth. This poll a reeaall bummer

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
I think alot of people are saying never just to see the results of the poll. Can we put something in so we can see the results without voting and skewing the results. I say we redo the poll with more thought out answers.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
you should've looked harder before u voted.... there's a "view results" link underneath poll