• Yes, some regrowth, 6-8 months after shed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, some regrowth, 9-12 months after shed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
Obviously this poll has stirred up a good deal of panic. There´s only one way to counteract this.

MORE VOTES & REPLIES!!!

Any experienced finasteride users will be doing us a great favor by participating in the poll and posting experiences.

Come on guys, we really really NEED this now :freaked: ....

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Experienced finasteride users are off enjoying their hair in the real world.

I'm not even comfortable posting my vote, because I'm only seeing the first stages of regrowth after a shed and don't want to put a vote in saying that I only have small regrowth.

This poll is stupid anyway. Your healthy hairs grows back after a shed.

Get on Propecia or don't. Worst scase scenario; you lose your hair. But that was going to happen anyway.

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
U really think that once you're good u'll walk away and never come back?

Pitty. After all the shed sh*t they went through and support they got here, they won't even browse by and share their delightful experiences...such selfish creatures we hair loss sufferers are.

And y u calling the poll stupid? It's fact bearing.

And by the way...worse case scenario is a terrible shed with no regrowth...shaving years off your hair in a matter of weeks. Sheds are a fact, right? But as far as I can tell...regrowth isn't.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Freestyle said:

: Boggled :

Freestyle said:

Get on Propecia or don't. Worst scase scenario; you lose your hair. But that was going to happen anyway.

yea and you could drink bleach..

worst case scenario; you die. but that was going to happen anyway

jeffsss

Reaction score
Bash said:
U really think that once you're good u'll walk away and never come back?

Pitty. After all the shed $#iT they went through and support they got here, they won't even browse by and share their delightful experiences...such selfish creatures we hair loss sufferers are.

And y u calling the poll stupid? It's fact bearing.

And by the way...worse case scenario is a terrible shed with no regrowth...shaving years off your hair in a matter of weeks. Sheds are a fact, right? But as far as I can tell...regrowth isn't.

couldnt have said it better.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Stop Propecia.

Please do.

You seem to be looking for a reason to stop. So here you go: just stop. I'm giving you permission. You'll be happier, because you won't be worrying about sheds and growing tits or your dick shrinking.

Propecia am bad. Propecia fries your hair and it all falls out and you look like a cancer patient because of it. It's all true!

The FDA and Merck are all in on it. They're laughing their asses off at people who spend all this money on a drug that actually makes people LOSE hair! I mean, how ironic right? They give you a pill that is meant to halt hair loss, but then BAM; you LOSE hair! Haha...crafty bastards.

And they spent MILLIONS of dollars to do it too. They ran fake studies and employed Photoshop wizards to doctor results.

It was the most elaborate scam in the history of scams, and YOU guys blew the lid off it! Congratulations.

So, in short; Propecia is a scam product and you are better off not taking it.

Have a nice day.

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:58 pm, at
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... c&start=10
Freestyle said:
I have had regrowth after a big shed. Great regrowth. In fact, I try and mention it in every thread I post in if there's room for it.

hmm...but in the regrowth poll you wrote the following...

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:50 pm , at
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... 503#185503
Freestyle said:
I'm not even comfortable posting my vote, because I'm only seeing the first stages of regrowth after a shed and don't want to put a vote in saying that I only have small regrowth.

dude, unless u regrew in less than two hours, i'd say u fucked up. Please don't lie, even if it's for a good cause. It's posts like these that got us all suspicious about the validity of regrowth in the first place, and unless u have a good explanation your credibility is like zero now.

Cougar_20

Reaction score
Had a bad shed right when I started taking propecia. It lasted for about 3 months. By month 6 it all started to grow back and probably looked best around the 10-12 month mark. I'm in month 15 and have gone through another pretty bad shed, my hair looks pretty crappy right now, but I hope that it will grow back like it did before!

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to see that this poll is bringing the kinda positive posts and controversy like it was intended for. But we still need:

MORE VOTES & REPLIES!!!

Any experienced finasteride users will be doing us a great favor by participating in the poll and posting experiences.

souldoctor

Reaction score
started, had early shed, grew back around to decent thickness around 3 or 4 month mark.. all good for a while with some mild shedding
(never completely stopped losin hair) but maintained overall til about month 7 and been shedding since then, looking a bit sh*t now but hopin for some regrowth by new year..!

G

i never had a shed on finasteride :) . my hairloss just stopped the first day i used it. :)

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a massive shed for about 3 months. It has finally slowed, and I am seeing some "regrowth," if that is what it can be called. But frankly, the shed I had turned me from a a Norwood 2 to a Norwood 3 in about 20 days; then the remainder of the time, the shed was thinning all over. Sides and back.

The bottom line is I am encouraged. I feel some hope, and am clinging onto this hope for dear life.

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
Time to jumpstart some life back into this poll.

MORE VOTES & REPLIES!!!

the_beast

Established Member
Reaction score
This exact reason is why I've recently added Revivogen to my regimen. Most of the people who post here are here because they either just started their regimen, or the treatments they used didn't bring them results.

These are the reasons you also don't hear much good feedback from Revivogen, Crinagen, or Spironolactone. Hell, if you read the majority of posts, they are negative. Even about some of the proven treatments. The people they work in are mostly gone not hanging around the forums. :) I know that has been stated before, but I strongly believe it.

Honestly, guys. Don't worry about a poll. Finasteride is effective in 83% of it's users who give it time. That means you have a very significant chance of being one of the responders who will wind up much thicker cause you gave it time to work it's magic.

BTW - I didn't vote because I haven't used finasteride long enough :)

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
im basically at the one year mark now....

no maintenance, no regrowth, just shedding and lots of it!

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
the_beast said:
The people they work in are mostly gone not hanging around the forums. :) I know that has been stated before, but I strongly believe it.

This is very true. I was on Propecia for five years, and it worked well for me. I never visited a forum during that time.

I'm here now only because I stopped taking it for nine months and lost most of what I had gained. I started it again three months ago, but I'm panicking a bit about it not working again, so here I am ;)

The poll is an interesting psychological experiment, but it's difficult to know what it means in practical terms. I'm beginning to think people expect the drug to instantly halt their loss, and freak out when they keep losing hair for a few months into starting treatment.

Yes, I too have less hair now then when I started Propecia (three months ago). Pretty much everyone will. But I attribute that to the fact that only now is the drug halting my loss, not to "shedding." But I only have my own experience to go by.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
In my case - no shed, and, no regrowth.

But I remain optimistic (about the regrowth part). :)

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I am going into my 14th. month of treatment on Propecia. The past 14 months I have gone though two major sheds. One last August and one last December. It seems that each shed gets worse then the previous ones. I have had no luck on any regrowth :( but being on Propecia year 2 now I am going to give it more time.