Regrowing Hair With Electric Pulses

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/09/190919165334.htm

Anyone got any more info on this?

Here's a brief excerpt:

Based on devices that gather energy from a body's day-to-day motion, the hair-growth technology stimulates the skin with gentle, low-frequency electric pulses, which coax dormant follicles to reactivate hair production.

The devices don't cause hair follicles to sprout anew in smooth skin. Instead they reactivate hair-producing structures that have gone dormant. That means they could be used as an intervention for people in the early stages of pattern baldness, but they wouldn't bestow cascading tresses to someone who has been as bald as a billiard ball for several years.

UPDATE:
A bit more info on this: https://www.newscientist.com/articl...-with-electricity-helps-reverse-male-balding/

Last edited:

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is of interest to me as years ago I used violet ray on one side of my scalp over a couple months and had some regrowth and thickening only on that one side!
Unfortunately I developed some respiratory issues with the violet ray from the ozone it produces
I’ve tried different units as well and they all cause problems ironic that it would work so well but I can’t use it so I would love to find some kind of electrical stimulation that doesn’t produce ozone

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is of interest to me as years ago I used violet ray on one side of my scalp over a couple months and had some regrowth and thickening only on that one side!
Unfortunately I developed some respiratory issues with the violet ray from the ozone it produces
I’ve tried different units as well and they all cause problems ironic that it would work so well but I can’t use it so I would love to find some kind of electrical stimulation that doesn’t produce ozone
Violet ray? Did you use some kind of UVA-light ?

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Violet ray? Did you use some kind of UVA-light ?
Violet ray is a device that produces small electrical like sparks when put on the skin. It does really get blood flow going on the areas treated with it.

jaCKI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Violet ray is a device that produces small electrical like sparks when put on the skin. It does really get blood flow going on the areas treated with it.

buy an ultraviolet lamp on amazon would suffice?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score

More info in another thread here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...requency-violet-ray-comb.119356/#post-1746509

Here is the one I bought long ago. It does produce a slight ozone odor but I can't imagine one developing a respiratory issue because of it. Didn't have such an effect on me at all. And it didn't regrow any hair for me either. Dial up the setting and it can make microneedling seem like a gentle massage, I can tell you that!

Here it is plugged in and generating its lovely glow:
ray.jpeg

thickhaironhead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
More info in another thread here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...requency-violet-ray-comb.119356/#post-1746509

Here is the one I bought long ago. It does produce a slight ozone odor but I can't imagine one developing a respiratory issue because of it. Didn't have such an effect on me at all. And it didn't regrow any hair for me either. Dial up the setting and it can make microneedling seem like a gentle massage, I can tell you that!

Here it is plugged in and generating its lovely glow:
Did you use it with the comb only and by combing the hair with it or how did you use it? Is that an old device or new? May I also ask about what type you are using, I know bd-10 is a real strong one like 500khz.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you use it with the comb only and by combing the hair with it or how did you use it? Is that an old device or new? May I also ask about what type you are using, I know bd-10 is a real strong one like 500khz.

Used it like massaging the scalp-move it all around with it in contact with the skin for about 5 minutes. Not sure what the brand was. I'll get it out tomorrow and take a look. That unit is over 30 years old.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Used it like massaging the scalp-move it all around with it in contact with the skin for about 5 minutes. Not sure what the brand was. I'll get it out tomorrow and take a look. That unit is over 30 years old.
I used violet rays didn’t see any improvement granted I probably used it like 4 times in a row only. sh*t hurts

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Device I used was a “professional unit”
Had big box that violet ray plugs into
I used the mushroom attachment on low medium setting
No pain at all the comb attachment is more painful because the electricity is more concentrated in those small tips
Mushroom attachment is no pain and is also the one where I got results

HairOnFire

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Device I used was a “professional unit”
Had big box that violet ray plugs into
I used the mushroom attachment on low medium setting
No pain at all the comb attachment is more painful because the electricity is more concentrated in those small tips
Mushroom attachment is no pain and is also the one where I got results

How frequently did you use the device? Every day? How hard did you have to apply the device - did you press down real hard against the skin, or light? How long, in terms of minutes, did you apply it to one area of the scalp?

Thanks.