Regenpure V's Pura D’or. Which Is The No1 Shampoo?

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm going to get one of these shampoos as they seem to be the "big 2" when it comes to hair loss shampoos. Which to go for? Has anyone had any experience with either?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been using Regenepure for a good few months, and I can honestly say I've never seen so much hair in the bath ever before. So I'm really not impressed, and do believe it's making hairloss far worse than it was.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm back on Nizoral 1%. I doubt the plethora of chemicals in Pura D'Or does anything.

I did dissolve some peppermint oil into my nizoral as well. In the future I may add rosemary oil and/or lavender. You can buy these oils at most pharmacies and dissolve them yourself.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im on a prescription 2% keto but also have Regenepur before that i liked it. I liked how it made my hair look after. I never tried the other.

As far as shedding as soon as i started the prescription i had a lot of short hairs and skinny hairs shed and this was intense first few weeks but still going on few months later..i got nervous asked my Dr he said in beginning its working and you do shed.
I looked up the 'a' study about Keto and it said that between month 3 and 6 their is a decline in hair and between month 6 and 12 their is an increase in hair.

SO i am trying to get to month 7 to see where i am at. I am right now at month 4.

Hangin'on Hair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just made my own natural shampoo that works well for cleansing.
I use castile soap as the base. Then I add water and a little emu, coconut and castor oil.
And then a small amount of polysorbate 80. Put it in a small squeeze bottle.
A good thing to do after using a castile soap based shampoo, is to use an apple cider vinegar rinse.
This makes the hair feel nice and soft and you know what you're putting on your head.
It's not chemical laden and is pretty nourishing.

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm back on Nizoral 1%. I doubt the plethora of chemicals in Pura D'Or does anything.

I did dissolve some peppermint oil into my nizoral as well. In the future I may add rosemary oil and/or lavender. You can buy these oils at most pharmacies and dissolve them yourself.
David, is there any reason you don't use Nizoral 2%

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's no good reason.

I'm also using 1% nizoral and I'm wondering if it's worth inquiring for a script for 2% from my Doctor. There's that study showing 1 and 2 have pretty much the same hair count improvements...not sure how much stock to place in that study though

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have Pura d'or gold label (With keto) i like it. I only use it once or twice a week. To much keto dries my hair and makes it look slightly thinner

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also using 1% nizoral and I'm wondering if it's worth inquiring for a script for 2% from my Doctor. There's that study showing 1 and 2 have pretty much the same hair count improvements...not sure how much stock to place in that study though

I'm no expert on this stuff but was using regnepru 1% for few weeks and i liked it but did not see sheds.
I started using the 2% within 2 weeks i had massive shed of short thick hairs one inch with white bulbs.

Im hoping this was good lol...it was like first 2 to 4 weeks...since then i shed some very skinny short hairs like 1 inch but less and less of them..

I'm on 2 % for 4 months...It looks worse but i think hopefully means its working..im going to stay on it for about 8 months to really tell. I read a lot that it takes like 6 months to see if its working.

I can't tell you yet if its bad or good. Im too new to these treatments.