Regenepure

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
I got interested since seeing this shampoo in ripple-effect's signature. Has anyone tried it here? What is your insight?

ATM I am using Nizoral 2% shampoo 2x day. I think Regenepure contains only 1% ketoconazole concentration but comes with many other ingredients.

Is it worth switching? I would be using it 2x day too.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I believe it's worth adding but not switching because Nizoral is an anti-inflammatory shampoo. It completely washes off most residue that is left on the scalp, but Regenepure will most likely leave behind alot of hair loss fighting ingredients on the scalp even after wash off. Over time this could probably lead to inflammation. So I believe you should still continue to keep Nizoral in your regimen just to clear your scalp every now and then from all residue/build up.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
I just got a bottle of the Regenepure NT as my daily shampoo. I still have some left over Dr. Lees shampoo that I use twice a week, but as soon as I run out I am going to buy the Regenepure DR to replace it.

So far I love the shampoo. It has a great smell and leaves my hair looking fuller. It's only been a couple days though.

knowingyou

Established Member
Reaction score
LooseItAll said:
I got interested since seeing this shampoo in ripple-effect's signature. Has anyone tried it here? What is your insight?

ATM I am using Nizoral 2% shampoo 2x day. I think Regenepure contains only 1% ketoconazole concentration but comes with many other ingredients.

Is it worth switching? I would be using it 2x day too.

I have been using it for nearly a year, I still use it from time to time, because of the cost+the shipping cost to Europe. It is a nice shampoo, milder than Nizoral 2%, which I use 1-2 times a week, and it is too strong for me to use it more often than that.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought one bottle of Regenepure DR. Since I was using nizoral 2x day I think Regenepure with it's more hair friendly formula will suit my regimen better than Nizoral loaded with harsh chemicals.

Since they both contain ketoconazole(since this is the ingredient I am looking for the most) I should be fine. Thanks

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
after ~ 10 yrs of nizoral 2% and 1% around twice a week, + organic other days, Ive given it up in favour of t-gel coal tar. I use it for seborraic dermititis predominantly, to kill fungus or yeast. Any benefits related to male pattern baldness were secondary to that.

nizoral gets rid of the thick yellow scabs, but then makes it com bac worse like a rebound effect. b4 t-gel i was getting it worse than i did 10 yrs ago. But because of the initial clearing of the scabs, i thought it was working.

But now ive found with coal tar, its gone away and doesnt com back stronger as its effects wear off. i.e. its killing the infection, not just hurting it temporarily.

So no more nizoral for me. I may have been hindering my success because i never truly got rid of the infection. Now my skin is softer, and my eyebrows r regrowing. I didnt realise the dermatitis was stopping them growing but apparently it was ( and this is common). hopefully these effects extend to scalp hair. time will tell.

Yes im aware nizoral is part of the big 3, and has anti androgen properties, but for seb derm. i dont think it works as well as ppl think. I also think seborraic dermititis is a factor in SOME cases of male pattern baldness. There seems to be some links.

Jacob

Reaction score
Another alternative is something like Scalp Defense..with the monolaurin etc.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Yesterday my regenepure arrived. It definitely makes your hair softer compared to nizoral. I will start using it once I run out of nizoral.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
the problem with things like this, is that IF they do work, and i dont know it does, then u have to keep using it. If it regrows hair, u will need that same combination, and these companies come and go. U cant really rely on it being available for life.

same goes for revita, revivogen etc.

plain minoxidil and finasteride and perhaps nizoral r at least going to be around for decades.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LooseItAll said:
Yesterday my regenepure arrived. It definitely makes your hair softer compared to nizoral. I will start using it once I run out of nizoral.

Well yeah any normal shampoo is going to make your hair softer than Nizoral. Nizoral is a medicinal shampoo to deliver ketakonazole to your scalp and the shampoo carrier is harsh and makes no attempt to do anything except let your hair turn to straw.

I shampoo with nizoral for 5-10 mins then use a normal shampoo straight after but I know this probably negates a lot of its effect. :dunno:

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I hope Regenepure is working. Nizoral comes with a lot of chemicals that are intended to eliminate fungus and bacteria, not necessarily needed for hairloss(well except keto).

I am leaving it on scalp usually for about 15 to 30 minutes...

Life_sucks

Established Member
Reaction score
^ 15 to 30 minutes???

The bottle says 3-5 minutes only. I usually do 5 minutes.

Have you seen any data/studies regarding this or just assuming the longer the better?

Also, you use it twice a day everyday??? :shock:

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Nope, no studies but hen again if it is effective 3x week then more will definitely produce better results. I have very aggressive male pattern baldness so surely 3x week would not help me much, thats a lot of AR to block I have there...

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral comes with a lot of chemicals that are intended to eliminate fungus and bacteria, not necessarily needed for hairloss(well except keto).

wat r u talking abot,

nizoral is an anti fungal shampoo. It has ONE anti fungal ingrediant, namely ketoconazole. The rest is the shampoo base.

The active ingredient in Nizoral ® shampoo is ketoconazole. Each gram (g) of Nizoral ® shampoo contains 2 milligrams (mg) of ketoconazole.
Like other shampoos, Nizoral ® shampoo also contains other ingredients that clean your hair. The other ingredients are sodium lauryl ether sulphate, disodium monolauryl ether sulphosuccinate, coconut fatty acid diethanolamide, laurdimonium hydrotysed animal collagen, macrogel 120-methyl glucose dioleate, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide, imidurea, hydrochloric acid, erythrosine and purified water.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to change to a milder version shampoo because my hair and scalp are already dry. Using nizoral 2% makes it HORRIBLE. Even after conditioning, my hair is still hard to handle, detangle, style, Ugh! Just a mess.

BUT..

nizoral 2% is the ONLY shampoo so far that's lessened my shed.
I tried the nizoral 1%, does nothing.

So I want to try Regenepure but I'm scared it may not ward off the male pattern baldness like nizoral 2% does.

Anyone with aggressive male pattern baldness changed from nizoral 2% to this Regenepure?

knowingyou

Established Member
Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
I'm wanting to change to a milder version shampoo because my hair and scalp are already dry. Using nizoral 2% makes it HORRIBLE. Even after conditioning, my hair is still hard to handle, detangle, style, Ugh! Just a mess.

BUT..

So I want to try Regenepure but I'm scared it may not ward off the male pattern baldness like nizoral 2% does.

Anyone with aggressive male pattern baldness changed from nizoral 2% to this Regenepure?

Yes, I did! I do not think it need the 2% nizoral. One can use 1% Keto shampoo, like Revita, or Regenpure more often than 1-2 times per week. 2% nizoral is simply too much for the scalp to handle!

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:

BUT..

How often are you using the shampoo? You want to use it max 2 times per week. Use a milder shampoo the rest of the time.

Have you heard about Vichy Dercos Energising Shampoo with Aminexil? I noticed many female reviewers reported positive results from using that shampoo. I wouldn't recommend this to men just because many of the reviewers for this product are female.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
knowingyou said:
rwhairlosstalk said:

BUT..

Yes, I did! I do not think it need the 2% nizoral. One can use 1% Keto shampoo, like Revita, or Regenpure more often than 1-2 times per week. 2% nizoral is simply too much for the scalp to handle!

Thanks. I'm so scared to switch because I slacked on my regimen (got off of the Saw Palmetto and slacked on the nizoral and my hair went from 5 hairs a day ( i have WORKED MY A-- OFF TO GET HERE) to 130 hairs a day). So once i do get it stabilized again, I may try this and the Vichy.

I'm needing someting that helps with hiar loss but doesnt overdry or tangle like nizoral 2%. That stuff makes it so hard to deal with myhair. A 30 min deal ends up being 2-3 hrs.

Thanks for your input!