Regarding minoxidil And Itch You Get From It.

Stereo

My Regimen
Reaction score
So those of you who experienced itching on minoxidil how long after you stopped using it has the itch calmed down? a week or two?

Also has anyone switched to foam after liquid and had no itch whatsoever?

I was using liquid minoxidil twice a day and the itch had become so intense no matter what i do nothing helped. i tried various hair mask, eucerin shampoos, t-gel and it still itches like hell even now after a week off minoxidil.

DKC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was using the foam for 2 years with no itch, Ive switched to the liquid for the past months because I think it is better but damn the itch is real. There is no way to get around it, I've been going crazy with scalp itch since using liquid.

I'm going to rotate liquid with foam, switching each day.

RB1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im using the kirkland foam in AM and liquid in PM. major head itch, mostly with the liquid. guess there's no way around it?

Markee

Reaction score
Alot of people are allergic to polyethylene glycerol I was the foam don't have it in it switching to the foam the itching went away

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the itch when using liquid 2x a day, switched to foam in morning and liquid at night and it stopped

In the last couple weeks I just started light daily dermarolling for absorption before applying the liquid and I'm now getting the itch again

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the itch when using liquid 2x a day, switched to foam in morning and liquid at night and it stopped

In the last couple weeks I just started light daily dermarolling for absorption before applying the liquid and I'm now getting the itch again
That may just be from the dermarolling, when i used a dermaroller it made me itch.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Propylene glycol is a major irritant for some people. If that's the culprit, you could try mixing your own with ethanol/propanediol.

But I think minoxidil just causes itching in addition all by itself.

Try to find a formulation without propylene glycol or mix your own.