Reducing Density Of A Piece. Does Anyone Know Of A Company

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that will do this? Not by using thinning shears, but reducing it by removing the entire pieces of hair

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Have you asked your supplier if they can reduce the density through unknotting? I understand not all do it but some do

Reactions: TEG

Noah

Reaction score
I don't know of any company that would undertaking a fiddly time-consuming task like that; I reckon you will have to do it yourself. You can soak the piece in warm water for 10 minutes, and then pluck the hairs out yourself. The soaking makes the hair shafts swell slightly, and the water lubricates the knots slightly, so you should be able to pull them out without tearing the base. Alternatively you can use a chemical hair remover like Nair - dot it sparingly on the knots on the underside of the base. Whichever method you use, do it conservatively, and keep checking the result as you go along. It is very easy to go too far and create a bald spot on your piece, which basically ruins it.

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that just using the thinning shears this time, and change your density moving forward from the manufacturer. If they don't offer various densities, then switch suppliers.