Redken shampoo with Nizoral?

G

I am using Nizoral 1% every 3 days. First, Should I try to get Nizoral 2% from my dermatologist or is 1% sufficient?

Secondly, I have heard that Redken shampoo is great and that their conditioner is good as well. What do you guys who have heard of and/or used Redken think of it? I was thinking about using Redken on my non-Nizoral days and then using a Redken conditioner to follow my Nizoral. Does that sound good?

ALSO, how long do you guys leave your Nizoral in your hair for? I've heard some people wash it out right away after lathering it in and some let it sit ther e for 5 minutes. What do you guys do? The Nizoral package says to repeat afterward as well. So do you guys lather the Nizoral, rinse, then re-lather let sit and rinse?

Thanks.

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not for certain, but i'm pretty sure that Nizoral 1% worked about as good as Nizoral 2% in some studies. Could someone confirm this?

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
I usually lather with a regular shampoo and rinse right away, then i put in nizoral and lather up and let it sit for about 5 minutes then rinse it out

G

TAINTED-MEAT said:
I usually lather with a regular shampoo and rinse right away, then i put in nizoral and lather up and let it sit for about 5 minutes then rinse it out

thanks TM. i will use the nizoral as my only shampoo every 3 days and let it sit for 5 minutes before washing out.