Recoverup

Whoop

Established Member
Reaction score
Probably PRP. Where did you read they are in Stage 2 btw? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Whoop said:
Probably PRP. Where did you read they are in Stage 2 btw? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Here. Just click on the "Is this treatment safe?" question.

By the way, what is PRP?

Whoop

Established Member
Reaction score
Platelet Rich Plasma therapy that is used with hair transplantations. Should work better than ordinary transplant, but I've not seen many positive reviews yet.

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
PRP is a new treatment of sorts that says it can help maintain hair by drawing some blood, spinning it up in a machine to seperate the parts of it, and spraying/injecting it onto your scalp after it's been perforated. Unfortunately the results are marginal and questionable.

Someone on another hair loss forum said they tried emailing these guys, but that person said that the email inbox that the mail was sent to isn't active.

The website looks more legit than most BS sites in my opinion, just like with every other company we will have to wait and see if they can deliver.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is NOT PRP this is stem cell
tbh i have found very little in forms of proper medical trials done on prp
i am infinitely suspicious of the "30 day money back guarantee" (a hair transplant takes 12 weeks for hair to grow) for one thing it would be pretty hard to prove no hair has grown and they could get out on saying 2 hairs have grown
and i see no released trial data which also makes me suspicious

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for explaining what is PRP. Do you have also some links, photos etc. on this?

An inactive e-mail address is not a good sign. We don't have in the forum someone from their area to pay them a visit? They are in Edinburgh, or thus they say.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Vox said:
Thanks for explaining what is PRP. Do you have also some links, photos etc. on this?

An inactive e-mail address is not a good sign. We don't have in the forum someone from their area to pay them a visit? They are in Edinburgh, or thus they say.
I wouldn't recommend PRP, there is a lack of scientifically valid proof that it works

Edinburgh?, it's not particularly a scientific hot spot
i don't think there is anyone on the forums that are further north than me but edinburgh is still far from yorkshire lol

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:
I wouldn't recommend PRP, there is a lack of scientifically valid proof that it works
Nevermind, I found this from a source that seems quite credible. It says what you have already explained.

somone uk said:
i don't think there is anyone on the forums that are further north than me but edinburgh is still far from yorkshire lol
Well, OK, but if by chance you go up there, please do us a favor and pass by the street they say they are based on to see if there is indeed something or if it is just an abandoned building from the 19th century.

BitchBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:

Yeah, it's not as if Edingburgh university is one of the highest ranked universities in the world with a glittering alumni of the great and good or anything...

Boondock

Reaction score
This has to be a scam. Their 'press' section is a joke. They've just found a few online news articles which don't mention them at all, and put them up there.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
their youtube channel has the name "ultrafigure" which when googled gives this http://www.ultrafigure.com/, note how the website has almost the same design to it
seems that cutting edge hairloss treatment and top notch breast augmentation is happening in a small shoe-box office above a shop in Edinburgh

saying that ultrafigure is not in trial so maybe we should go see how the feedback is on that

hopingforhair

Reaction score
bboy said:
somone uk said:

Yeah, it's not as if Edingburgh university is one of the highest ranked universities in the world with a glittering alumni of the great and good or anything...

Hey! Edinburgh is one of the worlds leading places for stem cell research, they were the first to actually clone a sheep, called Dolly, way back ... so please ... don't put Edinburgh down, they're up there with the big boys!

I actually live just outside of Edinburgh (Portobello) - I could volunteer to go check these guys out. I know George Street, it's the main business street in Edinburgh, where all banks, lawyers, etc are all housed. It seems strange that there would be a clinic there offering hair and breast stem cell services.

Cheers.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
hopingforhair said:
Hey! Edinburgh is one of the worlds leading places for stem cell research, they were the first to actually clone a sheep, called Dolly, way back ... so please ... don't put Edinburgh down, they're up there with the big boys!

I actually live just outside of Edinburgh (Portobello) - I could volunteer to go check these guys out. I know George Street, it's the main business street in Edinburgh, where all banks, lawyers, etc are all housed. It seems strange that there would be a clinic there offering hair and breast stem cell services.

Cheers.
I don't think that someone would really like to put down Edinburgh but if you live nearby and it is not a hassle to you, please check them out and report back here.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well organized scam.
I am sure we are going to see more of these bastards soon.

I think they all capitalize on our misunderstanding of stem cell. we all wonder, scientist turned all kind of cells to hair, teeth, heart and whatever cell. How can't they make a follicle. hmm.. how ?

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to live in Edinburgh and theres no question its a global center in the worlds of finance and science, the city itself makes yorkshire look like the 3rd world :)

tbh claiming to be based in Edinburgh city center shouldve been the biggest hint available that its a scam.

hopingforhair

Reaction score
I don't think that someone would really like to put down Edinburgh but if you live nearby and it is not a hassle to you, please check them out and report back here.

OK I just popped into their office and met with the person there. He said he is in charge of investor relations and that the clinic is not based in Edinburgh but in Taiwan. Apparently the Edinburgh office deals with investors, but the medical team is based offshore.

I asked him why this was, and he gave me a typed document with a statement on their operations (due to UK legistlation regarding stem cells). He seemed like a decent enough guy. I told him that on this forum many people were concerned that the company was a scam, he assured me it wasnt', but of course he would say that. When he asked me why people thought it was a scam, I could't give any particular reason ... Anway, I will post up the document he gave me when I recieve the email from him with the same content. (to long to type in).

PS felt a bit like Sean Connery going undercover ... :)