Recommend me a Concealer pls - Hair description included

Tee1234

Reaction score
I've been using Toppik for the past year but I have no idea whether it works for me, doesn't work, or if it works some of the time.

I don't have any bald spots or super thin spots. I've got loose style, thin-type hair all over. Hairline wise, I'm a Norwood 2, I believe.

Because of my hair-type, loss of density, and widows peak hairline, I have a hard time styling my hair a lot of times. It's frustrating. I usually do a side part and can pull it off pretty decently.

But, I'd like to get a concealer (if it's out there), that when applied to my hair gives it added volume so it is easier to style. Or if that fails, something that can give the illusion of added volume.

Is this toppik? Prothik? Something else? Would a spray concealer work better for me?

Can anyone share some ideas?

Thanks as always!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Tee1234 said:
I don't have any bald spots or super thin spots. I've got loose style, thin-type hair all over. Hairline wise, I'm a Norwood 2, I believe.

Sounds to me like you dont need concealers, there's probably some mainstream brand thickening/volumising styling product that would work better.

Tee1234

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try Prothik.

My hairline is a widows peek but the left side of the hairline isn't as good as the right side and because of my hair-type, usong too much product can make the scalp show a bit. Not a ton but it can show nonetheless.

Anyone with my hair type? It seems like most people has that "hair matted to their head" type of hair.

I've got that higher maintenance "loose hair." It has to be styled unless you go with the messy look but I can't do that with a professional job.

S.A.F. do you reocmmend any thickeners/volumizers?

If anyone has any diff. ideas please share!

Thanks

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
If you just need your hair to look a little thicker, you might try Jasons thick to thin products along with the prothick.
Here's the deal with prothik, though. You need to shake it up well before each use. Sometimes it comes out lighter than what you might want. I use light brown and occasionally it gives my hair a slightly frosted look, which I don't mind. Try not to get the prothik on your forehead, though. It's not the easiest stuff to get off.

LeesHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitely sound like you'd be better off with a thickening conditioner to make what you have a little thicker and weightier.

Could also try going to a decent barbers to get a hair cut, admit to them you worry about your hairline and explain you want it cut in such a way that makes the most of what you have. (But not a comb over... Death before a comb over)
It actually works out more cost effective as you only have your hair cut every 6-8 weeks, and spending a little more there can save you a fortune on concealers you use every day.

I used to use a ton of Nanogen, but changed barbers, got a better cut, and now have to use probably 1/2 or a 1/3 as much. It's really made a difference economy-wise, and I'm happier with the end result too.