Recomendations?

HairNewbie

Reaction score
I live in South Florida, any recommendations for good hair transplant surgeons in S Florida? I was thinking of taking an initial consultation with Dr. Paul Rose, I am looking to get an FUE done on my crown only, I am a diffuse thinner and am closing in on mid 40s. My guess is i'd need 1000-2000 grafts (how much would that cost, btw?). I'd like several options of Dr. suggestions so I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks in advance ;)

Rawtashk

Reaction score
A few tips...

1: Post some pictures so that people here who've had hair transplants can give you their opinions

2: DO NOT LIMIT YOUR hair transplant SURGEON CHOICE TO YOUR LOCAL AREA!!!!!

A hair transplant is a PERMANENT choice, and should not be taken lightly. As such, you need to be sure to do whatever you have to do so that you'll get the best results.

HairNewbie

Reaction score
Honestly I don't think traveling is an option. I don't intend to sleep over anywhere and have to get back on a flight the next day. The idea of having to take my cap off at the airport security check in while its a bloody mess is very un-appealing. I'll work on the pictures tomorrow though.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
If you can't sleep over, then you must have problems that are larger than simply hairloss :(

sc64

Reaction score
Juggy said:
Honestly I don't think traveling is an option. I don't intend to sleep over anywhere and have to get back on a flight the next day.

If it's not a option about the only doctors I've seen some good reviews on is Rose and Charles,Florida has quite a few hacks be careful.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I live in Florida too and my first choice for FUE is Rahal. I would never have a problem traveling to a doctor I know is one of the best at what he does. As far as I am concerned his yields with FUE are spectacular. Dr Rose is good but he is too conservative in my opinion. I have never seen any work from any Florida surgeon that impressed me. Rahal's work is beyond my expectations. His before and after photos just amaze me. With my situation, I know this guy would be able to give me results that would put me back to what I was in my early 20's and look totally natural. However, I am not going to travel to him just for a minor job. I am waiting for it to get worse to the point I cannot style it any more to look like I want it to look.

HairNewbie

Reaction score
Here are some photos, as you can see its only the crown and it extends a little bit to the top center. I have fairly thin hair, any ideas how many grafts I would need and how much it would cost by way of FUE? I'd like to cut my hair shorter in the summer so I don't want a strip.

*Edit- Looks like the attach file feature on this forum does not work, so I can't attach photos :(

HairNewbie

Reaction score
Maybe this will work..

crown2.jpg

crown1.jpg

Let me know?

HairNewbie

Reaction score
The issue of traveling mainly has to do with not wanting to remove my hat at the airport.. I mean who really wants to travel and take their hat off with that mess on your head. You can't wash for a few days and I'd only be interested in staying a day at most.

Rose does seem to have some credentials to him though, he has created a new procedure for the strip method from what I read on his website and has won some awards so it doesn't seem like he is content with old methodologies. Was kinda hoping for more feedback on him and maybe the # of grafts and costs of my procedure by reviewing my pics

Rawtashk

Reaction score
"No one at the airport is ever going to see you again". Also, I seriously doubt that they would even remember this random dude they saw with a blood on his head at the airport. People going through the security screeners are more worried about emptying their pockets, getting patted down, and getting all their stuff back. You'd be hatless for a maximum of about 30 seconds :)

HairNewbie

Reaction score
If you guys had to guess, I know you're not professionals or anywhere close to that, but from maybe your own personal experience, how many grafts would it take in my situation? Just so I know what kind of costs I am walking into...

amhsk21

Reaction score
Ben said:
Who gives a dam!

I was walking around my hotel, into the restaurant, lobby, waiting outside for the taxi and at the train station with nothing covering my head after my hair transplant.

lol are you serious? :gay: