Recession or mature hairline?

LeChuck

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm 27 (closer to 28) and a few months ago I started noticing that my hairline had receded, particularly on one side. Maybe not too bad right now, but I know my hairline didn't look like this even a year ago so honestly I've been stressed that this is something that will continue more rapidly.

Wondering had bad you think this is and if it warrants any kind of treatment? Perhaps I can catch it relatively early and do something to improve it.

I've always had very fine hair, but good density and I've always had a widow's peak since I was a small kid, so that's worth noting.

I've been considering using a non-perception treatment from Sons — their shampoo and Minoxidil with regular vitamins.

Here are some photos of my hairline right now
Let me know if you think this is something I should treat (if possible) or simply a maturing hairline
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

4.jpg
5.jpg

Any feedback/suggestions are appreciated.

Many thanks

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ever heard that hair loss is HEREDITARY ? So, if you don't know it , with the information you are giving to us, it is simple imposible to know.

LeChuck

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ever heard that hair loss is HEREDITARY ? So, if you don't know it , with the information you are giving to us, it is simple imposible to know.
Sorry about that James. Well, my dad has pretty decent hair still in his 60s, not a lot of recession. That said my grandfather had some noticeable recession and I've heard it can skip a generation. Is there any other info that would be helpful?

I would also assume that there are other reasons for recession or hair loss beyond the normal male pattern baldness as well though, so I'm more asking how that looks to you currently.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm 27 (closer to 28) and a few months ago I started noticing that my hairline had receded, particularly on one side. Maybe not too bad right now, but I know my hairline didn't look like this even a year ago so honestly I've been stressed that this is something that will continue more rapidly.

Wondering had bad you think this is and if it warrants any kind of treatment? Perhaps I can catch it relatively early and do something to improve it.

I've always had very fine hair, but good density and I've always had a widow's peak since I was a small kid, so that's worth noting.

I've been considering using a non-perception treatment from Sons — their shampoo and Minoxidil with regular vitamins.

Here are some photos of my hairline right now
Let me know if you think this is something I should treat (if possible) or simply a maturing hairline
View attachment 166880 View attachment 166881 View attachment 166882
View attachment 166883 View attachment 166884

Any feedback/suggestions are appreciated.

Many thanks
You are in the early stages of male pattern baldness. Good news is you could stay like that for decades or maybe not. It's your call if you want to be proactive now or not.

LeChuck

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are in the early stages of male pattern baldness. Good news is you could stay like that for decades or maybe not. It's your call if you want to be proactive now or not.
Would it be worth me starting on something like finasteride now to give me a fighting chance at maintaining it?

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would it be worth me starting on something like finasteride now to give me a fighting chance at maintaining it?
Absolutely. Ultimately it is your decision but at your stage and age Finasteride is the most ideal thing you can try. Ive been on it for over 2 years, and I have maintained my hair for the most part. I was/am at your level of hairloss since 20y/o.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

LeChuck

My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely. Ultimately it is your decision but at your stage and age Finasteride is the most ideal thing you can try. Ive been on it for over 2 years, and I have maintained my hair for the most part. I was/am at your level of hairloss since 20y/o.
That's good to hear. Did you notice any regrowth or is maintenance the best result of using it? Also, any side effects for you? I'm guessing not as you've used it for 2 years.

LeChuck

My Regimen
Reaction score
Start with LLLT + Zix
Thank you, would you mind elaborating on that a little? With LLLT, is that something I'd need to consult a doctor for?
Seems like Zix is a solution for blocking DHT?
Are you suggesting trying those first over medication?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you, would you mind elaborating on that a little? With LLLT, is that something I'd need to consult a doctor for?
Yes

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're not ready for the full plunge, best bet could be to get some 5mg finasteride. Its relatively cheap. And just microdose it. So perhaps .5mg or even 0.25mg. Its cheap and gives a little piece of mind. 1 pill can last you more than a week. If you see your hairline stay the same, then great! If you notice any recession, just take the reccomended dose of 1mg. Some people actually maintain with just 0.25mg.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

I use LLLT + Zix, maintained after 2 years

meds are last resort and will play with your hormones but if you do go for that , use topical finasteride

LeChuck

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use LLLT + Zix, maintained after 2 years

meds are last resort and will play with your hormones but if you do go for that , use topical finasteride
What do you use LLLT, a cap or comb? Seems to be a lot of options depending on the price

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you use LLLT, a cap or comb? Seems to be a lot of options depending on the price

high powered laser at hair clinic , you need to make sure it is high powered

OMG creates good helmets

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's good to hear. Did you notice any regrowth or is maintenance the best result of using it? Also, any side effects for you? I'm guessing not as you've used it for 2 years.
No sides. No regrowth. It’s possible but not standard. Maintenance is ideal because a transplant will give you greater regrowth than any “safe” drug could. But in order to have a transplant you need maintenance.