Received Hair Piece, Removing Netting?

jc426

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you remove that hair net type thing from it? Cut it off? After that, can you just try styling it, see how it looks, or are there other things that need doing?

I know these seem like stupid questions, but I've tired off Googling ''hair piece, netting''. :D Also, the piece seems quite flat, and I'm unsure about styling it. Obviously don't want damage anything. Thanks.

Noah

Reaction score
It it has come with a brown elastic hairnet on it, yes, you can throw that away (you shouldn't need to cut anything).

If it is lace, it will probably have a spare bit of lace with no hair on it. That has to be cut off with sharp nail scissors - cut it up to the hairline. Then give the whole thing a wash in washing-up liquid to get rid of the silicone coating.

hullaragh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then give the whole thing a wash in washing-up liquid to get rid of the silicone coating.

@Noah What is the washing up liquid ? Blue dawn soap ?
Also after that do i shampoo and condition the system before putting tape and bonding it ?

As always thanks for your advice in advance :D

Noah

Reaction score
Yes, Dawn is the usual American brand I believe. You should condition the piece afterwards, but you don't need to shampoo it as well.

Noah