Receding Hairline? High Temples? Thoughts?

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, another one of those "am I balding?" posts ahead. Edit: I'm 26.

My dad is mostly bald (he keeps it cut short, so it's hard to tell). But the men on my mom's side of the family seem to be keeping full heads of hair well into their older years. I know that means little to nothing, but I thought I'd share it.

I made a compilation of cropped photos of my hairline from over the last seven years (older ones are on the left, the two on the middle and bottom right are present):

My paranoia may be getting the best of me, but I can't tell whether or not my hairline is receding, especially around the temples -- or if it's always been like that.

Are there preventative steps I should take, or just wait and see?

I appreciate any thoughts you may have (besides that I'm probably overthinking this).

Attachments

• HAIRLINE.jpg
    HAIRLINE.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 7,452

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't seem to be receding. But why do you ask? Any change in consistency that you can feel with your hands?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, another one of those "am I balding?" posts ahead. Edit: I'm 26.

My dad is mostly bald (he keeps it cut short, so it's hard to tell). But the men on my mom's side of the family seem to be keeping full heads of hair well into their older years. I know that means little to nothing, but I thought I'd share it.

I made a compilation of cropped photos of my hairline from over the last seven years (older ones are on the left, the two on the middle and bottom right are present):

My paranoia may be getting the best of me, but I can't tell whether or not my hairline is receding, especially around the temples -- or if it's always been like that.

Are there preventative steps I should take, or just wait and see?

I appreciate any thoughts you may have (besides that I'm probably overthinking this).

Don't think your losing your hair. At least not yet!

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't seem to be receding. But why do you ask? Any change in consistency that you can feel with your hands?
Mostly paranoia. I don't notice any difference in the texture. What would I be looking/feeling for? Looking back at some older photos of my profile, the hairline appears largely the same so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Paranoidgit

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say I'm in the same boat as you (hence the username) - and looking at your pictures made me realise that I'm probably not the only paranoid one out there! Think you're good for now :D

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
^ Thanks. I've gotten a few "oh yeah you're balding remarks" from others, so I thought I'd post a closer shot of the hairline: http://imgur.com/a/ChI4J

My hairline hairs are lighter (and I believe they always have been), so they're a little harder to see.

I'd rather not get on meds if not totally necessary, but I also want to be proactive before it's too late.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
^ Thanks. I've gotten a few "oh yeah you're balding remarks" from others, so I thought I'd post a closer shot of the hairline: http://imgur.com/a/ChI4J

My hairline hairs are lighter (and I believe they always have been), so they're a little harder to see.

I'd rather not get on meds if not totally necessary, but I also want to be proactive before it's too late.
You're not balding as far as I can tell and you really need to count your blessings because there are men on this forum who would quite possibly commit murder to have such a fine head as hair as yours.

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: someone mentioned that my hairline looked like it was receding, so I thought I would post an update since nine months have passed since I last posted. Should I be worrying? Taking action?
IMG_9032.jpg IMG_9033.jpg IMG_9034.jpg IMG_9036.jpg IMG_9038.jpg

For reference, below is a timeline with the rightmost photos being taken in January:

HAIRLINE.jpg

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like you are receding bro, welcome to the forum.

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely starting to recede but it could be just maturing. There's no guarantee it'll stop there so if you want to take action now then the big 3 will do. The big 3 are finasteride, minoxidil, and nizoral shampoo. BUT since you're in the very early stages you only need finasteride.

Look up finasteride and decide for yourself if it's worth it to you.

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found a close-up view from January 2017 (left) vs. September 2017 (right). I should mention that I had gone two months without a haircut in January, whereas I had my last haircut (and had it cut pretty short) at the end of last month.

XoXbnHk.jpg

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be moving much and pretty normal for 26. Idk who would say you're receding unless they are a bald-spotter themselves. Mostly looks like a mature hairline, possibly a NW2. Maybe start taking finasteride but I wouldn't worry too much...

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
^ Thanks. I'm seeing a dermatologist in December, but as she doesn't specialize in hair loss I don't know if she's going to prescribe me anything - if that's the route I need to take. I took more more shots today to compare to January: https://imgur.com/a/0GLpV

Z6D6wHQ.jpg

oLSxidq.jpg

CwFisEy.jpg

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any thoughts? I’m panicking a bit because I can’t get in to see my dermatologist for a few months. Where on the Norwood am I?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you people always think you need to go to a dermatologist for finasteride? Any general doctor can prescribe it. It's not a big deal or hard to get from my experience.