Receding hairline/Hair growth products ?

tudorrian

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm currently experiencing receding temple hairlines and lots of hair loss. This is a huge concern for me because I'm only 17. I've never gone through radiation therapy, do not have a thyroid problem or any hormonal problems.

The only valid reason I can come up with for such hair loss is due to my mom having a large forehead and also experiencing hair loss (although it's not uncommon for women going through menopause). Another reason for my hair loss may be because I dyed my hair, although I dyed it 2 years ago and there still aren't any signs of hair regrowth. I also may be slightly anemic, as my mother is also anemic.

I really don't know what to do. No other teenager I know is going through this and it's really taking a toll on my self esteem. My doctor told me there's nothing I can do about it and I'm starting to feel like there IS nothing I can do about it. Any help, advice, similar stories, ANYTHING would be great because this really isn't something a 17-year old should go through by herself! Also, if anyone has tried any hair loss products that actually WORK please tell me below as well. :sobbing:

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
you said "her" so I take it you are female. If so you should look into oral spironolactone. Im no expert on that, but you can also see about minoxidil foam (rogaine, available at walmart ect). Females can use minoxidil as long as they are not pregnant I believe. Others will be able to help more I think.

I wish I knew more about FPB so I could help you more, Im really sorry.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
also you could look into a concealer if the thinning is getting noticeable. Like toppik ect (toppik is available at sallys beauty, I have used it with good effect). I have long hair, so I can sort of help you out in that regard.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm a female and I use oral spironolactone. Because it's bad for you and I want to reduce the amount I use, I supplement with a Saw Palmetto capsule (one that also has other stuff like the NOW Brand Prostate support, and Walmarts brand is good) . Because it ups your estrogen levels, look into consuming Wheat Bran in either a cereal (must be WHEAT - BRAN) or buy the pure stuff to take in water or juice. Also exercise will transpose the bad estrogen also.

Also MSM powder, try Trimedica pure msm will help reduce shedding. start low like 500mg or 1000mg in a FULL glass of water or 2 glasses. for at least 2 wks. Then work up to 3000 or even 4000mg. Its important because it helps keep hair. once its gone is hell on water getting it back. so much easier to keep it from falling.
Nioxin vits are good to encourage growth.

And Nizoral 2% shampoo (EDIT, CORRECTION ) 2 -3 times a week topically removes the dht that causes the hair loss. But you may want to use a nozzle and only apply to your scalp as it can rape your hair. Very very drying and tangling. Mk sure to let it sit on your scalp while you bath and shave at least 10 mins. If to drying, try placing a moisturizing conditioner on just your hair while the shampoo sits on your scalp. After putting it on your scalp, put on the conditioner as far up the hair length WITHOUT putting it on the scalp as you dont' want ANYTHING to keep the keto/nizoral from soaking into the scalp.
The keto is only good for dht related hair fall. It stops it though. Well! U MUST apply it at LEAST every 3 days. Some do so every 2 days.
Hope this helps!

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason you can't take spironolactone orally since your female? I don't know much about spironolactone other than it's used by transgender people.

Julieholl

Reaction score
I would say, you are too young to start with hormonal treatments at once. Why don't you try some natural remedies first? Right nutrition and vitamins might be good for the beginning. Anyway, before you start taking any products, I believe you should consult endocrinologist and trihologist.
Hope this helps.

Reaction score
At your age the hair loss might be due to stress, or some other essential condition. I recommend visiting your doctor to have your scalp and overall health examined or you might want to try using the Bosley Professional Strength for Women, a hair growth formula treatment. If you’re uncertain you can make a consultation with them and it’s totally free. Of course they they also offer more advance and modern solutions like hair transplantation for both men and women. I know you are way too young for this but for you to have an idea of their procedures and techniques please watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpYmGwSsfj0

TheDoe

Reaction score
You said you may have anaemia. This is a common problem for women with hair loss. Perhaps you should get your iron levels checked with a blood test. I take an iron supplement every day and have been for about 12 months. My hair has stopped thinning and is even starting to grow back a bit. I also use a shake on concealer called boost n blend which covers it up and no one even knows about my problem.