Receding Hairline At 29. Should I Be On finasteride Or Rogain?

Mr.Donahue88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m 29 and I’ve noticed my temples slowly getting worse since they started receding at 24. I’m not sure if I should get on finasteride or rogain.

Mr.Donahue88

My Regimen
Reaction score
943FBACB-DC5B-4FA1-9ED4-51BB260A7771.jpeg 85DF116D-E831-494A-A2BA-ECB319432087.jpeg 890511C8-444A-4694-A209-A31A9B042EF4.jpeg

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogaine would be a waste of time for you, your hair is too good. Finasteride would help you keep that hair for many a year.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Took finasteride for quite a while.over a year I would say, mild sides, some brain fog and watery jizz that resolved within a few weeks of quitting. finasteride is very effective at halting further hairloss.

Rogaine would be a lot of hassle for you and You likely wouldn't see any regrowth,it would help maintain but finasteride would do that more effectively

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have great hair! Norwood 1.5. I don't think you need any treatments but if you really want to get on them then use finasteride. minoxidil would be unnecessary hassle at your stage.

Mr.Donahue88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the compliment and the advice. I just know where it’s headed because my dad’s Dad had the exact same hair and recession pattern as me. He lost it in his early 50’s and I was trying to see what I could do to prevent it. Do you think the nizoral shampoo would be effective?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the compliment and the advice. I just know where it’s headed because my dad’s Dad had the exact same hair and recession pattern as me. He lost it in his early 50’s and I was trying to see what I could do to prevent it. Do you think the nizoral shampoo would be effective?
Nizoral is a good addition to finasteride but it will not stop hair loss on its own. It is a good anti inflammation shampoo and has very weak anti androgen properties.

Vindiesel11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it normal to lose ground on the hairline while shedding on propecia ? Im at 8 months and my hairline is thinning and receding bad. Is it because im in a shedding phase and does it grow back ? Anyone who had the same experience or has red somthing about this ?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it normal to lose ground on the hairline while shedding on propecia ? Im at 8 months and my hairline is thinning and receding bad. Is it because im in a shedding phase and does it grow back ? Anyone who had the same experience or has red somthing about this ?
Was on Propecia for a year and hairline got hit bad, it did not grow back. I think you need something to protect the hairline, Propecia seems to help the back but for some can cause loss at the front. If you have crown or diffuse hair loss definitely stay on Propecia but add something else into your regimen to protect your hairline.

Vindiesel11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Was on Propecia for a year and hairline got hit bad, it did not grow back. I think you need something to protect the hairline, Propecia seems to help the back but for some can cause loss at the front. If you have crown or diffuse hair loss definitely stay on Propecia but add something else into your regimen to protect your hairline.

Alright.. all the hair im losing are short minituarized hairs so are the hair on my hairline.. so maybe it is just gone to sleep.. i hope so. But is it common to receed 1 or 2 cm on your hairline while your'e shedding bad ? Its not only my hairline, overal my hair has become very thin too

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright.. all the hair im losing are short minituarized hairs so are the hair on my hairline.. so maybe it is just gone to sleep.. i hope so. But is it common to receed 1 or 2 cm on your hairline while your'e shedding bad ? Its not only my hairline, overal my hair has become very thin too
If you are shedding heavily then it would be common to recede and lose density. I would consider adding RU or something which can reduce your testosterone a bit.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The drug is called RU-58841. Can be bought from anagenic or kaneshop. It's a topical btw.