Receding Hairline And Thinning Scalp At 20?

QuestingHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, really starting to question my hair as of right now.

I've seen hairs become smaller and smaller at my hairline, and I'm now starting to question my scalp.

I use a biotin shampoo and take biotin pills. It has to be working because my nails grow out so fast.

My father is bald and my hairline is progressively getting worse each year. I even stopped masturbating because of the speculations of it causing hair loss.

My photos are below, any help with this is greatly appreciated.

I made posts several years ago on another account, hoping to ignore my hairline. But I've seen it get worse.

Side note: I've always had kind of a big forehead, I usually grow out my hair long on top to comb over, covering everything. My hairline was semi-straight across a couple of years ago, no photos since I wasn't worrying too much back then.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 842
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 856
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 538
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 502
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, would finasteride cause male breasts? I've read that it's one of the side effects.
finasteride can cause male breasts, but its almost always mild and only noticeable to the person experiencing it. Also it is an extremely rare side effect. I can see why you are worried about your hair.. You have receded a little and your hairline looks to be thinning a bit. You still have excellent hair though. Do your research on the drug before jumping on it, good luck!

abcdefg

Reaction score
It could be starting, but best to see a doctor. They can discuss it with you if its good option. Its certainly very very early, and at 20 I would personally wait a year or two if I could before taking propecia. You might still be growing.

QuestingHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could be starting, but best to see a doctor. They can discuss it with you if its good option. Its certainly very very early, and at 20 I would personally wait a year or two if I could before taking propecia. You might still be growing.
Growing as in hair, or height?

ljb118

Reaction score
You've caught it at a good time but this is definitely male pattern baldness setting in, both receding and diffusing. I wouldn't have any worries hopping on finasteride at aged 20, most people recommend not starting before 18.

Consider also getting your hormones tested before starting, so that in future you will have something to refer back to. Some hormones you can get tested:

Testosterone, Free Test, FSH, LH, Progesterone, E2, DHEAS, SHBG, DHT, TSH, T3, T4, fT3, fT4

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you noticing increased hairfall or does it just seem thinner than it did before? Did your dad bald at a young age or was it later in life?

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
high bdd levels

QuestingHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you noticing increased hair fall or does it just seem thinner than it did before? Did your dad bald at a young age or was it later in life?
It just seems thinner. I do have some hair fall but not much, only when combing. My dad lost all of his hairlines by 25. My brothers are 30 and 24 respectively and have a full head of hair, but they have my mother's hair. I have the same type of hair as my father.

QuestingHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
You've caught it at a good time but this is definitely male pattern baldness setting in, both receding and diffusing. I wouldn't have any worries hopping on finasteride at aged 20, most people recommend not starting before 18.

Consider also getting your hormones tested before starting, so that in future you will have something to refer back to. Some hormones you can get tested:

Testosterone, Free Test, FSH, LH, Progesterone, E2, DHEAS, SHBG, DHT, TSH, T3, T4, fT3, fT4
If I do develop male breasts, how would I get rid of them? Just turning it back into muscle by working out?