Reasons to drink green tea.

CCS

Reaction score
Bryan,

eqoul binding to DHT is better than finasteride binding to 5ar because more testosterone is taken out of the picture.

I was very happy to read that I can get grean grean tea instead of the brown stuff i've been drinking.

as for brewing long, i love the taste better when I brew it long. i think that gives me even more anti-oxidiants. And i don't boil it. i micorwave water for 1 minutes so it is just has hot as i can handle, but then I let it steap for a while, and i reuse the bag until the tea is no longer dark.

I'm going to switch to whole tea leaves, and put them in the blinder before use, and swallow the leaves with the tea after the third brew. Anyone think this is bad?

Bryan, thanks to telling use about the possibility that caffine is a co-factor.

CCS

Reaction score
Do summarize this thread for those who don't want to read it all:

Camomile oil may be a good anti-inflamatory if 5 drops are added to your minoxidil.

Grean tea is good, but is much better with Soy. Tea raises DHT production, but with Soy your intestines can make EQOUL, which binds to DHT so it can't bind to the androgen receptor. The grean tea is dose dependent here, at least up to 5 cups per day. Eating some meat multiplies the intestinal bacteria's ability by 5 to make EQOUL, but high fat intake can inhibit this, and high carbohydrates is good for it.

Grean tea extract capsules are also good for topical applications. I think 1 capsule per minoxidil bottle should be very good, or better yet, put it in your folligen and add a little soy protein powder.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Will the GTE disolve in Folligen?

CCS

Reaction score
it is water soluble. it should. but I just remember now that the intestinal bacteria are needed to make EQUOL, so that may scratch that idea.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score

CCS

Reaction score
no, with soy and meat it reduces DHT.

I wonder if preventing DHT formation will be a good for keeping youthful skin.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i chnaged now from drinking green tea to drinking only red tea(roiboos)
its said to have up to 50 times more antioxidants and no caffein!!! and its really tasty ,much better then green tea

Strange Days

Reaction score
roki said:
its said to have up to 50 times more antioxidants and no caffein!!! and its really tasty ,much better then green tea

You can actually get green rooibos tea. The red kind is more common though.

buzzmenot

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice condensation cassin, I've been following the green tea topics including the controversies on this board. e.g. topical application controversies include prevention of blood vessel formation that could out weigh it's 5ar inhibition ability.

--
1. It's cancer prevention property (cut from first page:EGCG suppresses extracellular signals and cell proliferation through epidermal growth factor receptor binding)

Wouldn't this not help resizing follicles and prevent new terminal hairs?

--
2. squelching the creation of new blood vessels that tumors need to thrive

Also another neg for new terminals

--
3. Increasing DHT count

Personally I've experienced this too, face gets oilier 2x as quick after taking 45%ecgc tablets.

I'm all for green tea for normal non-male pattern baldness people, but for us specials.... I'm really on the rocks man. Anyone care to rebut this?

Cassin

Reaction score
buzzmenot said:
I'm all for green tea for normal non-male pattern baldness people, but for us specials.... I'm really on the rocks man. Anyone care to rebut this?

I can tell you I feel better since drinking it and my hair or face is not worse. I don't drink a gallon a day but I no longer drink soda's or coffee.

I just drink ice tea, green tea, water and sometimes diet caffeine free root beer or something.

I am a true wild man. :lol:

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Strange Days said:
roki said:

You can actually get green rooibos tea. The red kind is more common though.
yeah i read that a green one is even better but i dont find any

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I read on a skin care message board about a guy who drank a ton of green tea and got dark circles under his eyes, because of the thermogenic effects of green tea. So be careful. I'd love to drink green tea personally but I already have DCs...and believe me, you don't wan them. So just be careful is all I'm saying.

CCS

Reaction score
40% GTE is very cheap. I take it before, during, and after my workouts. metabolism causes free radicals, and working out is a lot of metabolism at once. drink up.

powersam

Reaction score
why not just drink the tea ccs? some of you kids are supplement mad, and the science behind supplementation is shabby at best.

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been drinking regular lipton green tea for a couple of months now. I also have the lipton lemon gensing green tea at times.

I really like the taste and I can't say that its doing anything bad.

I feel great also but it might not be the tea? who knows.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Green tea is loaded w/ antioxidants and is much healthier for you than coffee or soda.

So if you've actually switched to green tea from coffee or soda - you've done yourself a great service.

I don't make my own green iced tea - but always plan to. The store brands (Turkey Hill and Arizona) are good but they're loaded w/ sugar. I always go for the diet iced green tea - still sweet, and still contain fructose - but not as bad as the non-diet variety.