Reasons to drink green tea.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
> Green tea did not reduce final tumor weight, although it tended to elevate (P = 0.14) the serum dihydrotestosterone

Give me a friggin' break! In addition to drinking the stuff - I'm also on the supplements now too!

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
i think green tea has more promise for halting male pattern baldness than youd expect..ive been taking the capsules for only a couple of days..and well not to freak you guys out...but i go through periods where i get terrible b. o.--which is a hormonal thing(trust me i shower everyday lol but sometimes it still stinks) since ive been using the green tea--no nasty body odor at all--ofcourse that could be attributed to something totally unrelated to male pattern baldness--but the green tea has definitely got rid of it

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Shinyscalp23 said:
i think green tea has more promise for halting male pattern baldness than youd expect..ive been taking the capsules for only a couple of days..and well not to freak you guys out...but i go through periods where i get terrible b. o.--which is a hormonal thing(trust me i shower everyday lol but sometimes it still stinks) since ive been using the green tea--no nasty body odor at all--ofcourse that could be attributed to something totally unrelated to male pattern baldness--but the green tea has definitely got rid of it
It definitely well might. It is worth looking into. :wink:

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ya know, I believe I have read where if one is low in zinc it can give bad body odor, no matter what you put on. Ya might want to look into that too Shinyscalp23. Just some advice. :wink:

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
true ive heard that too, but i take a zince supplent everyday now--80 mg--oh sh*t who knows maybe its the zinc lol..i started having less with that but tis next to nill now after the green tea-maybe its the combo of the two hmm

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Shinyscalp23 said:
true ive heard that too, but i take a zince supplent everyday now--80 mg--oh sh*t who knows maybe its the zinc lol..i started having less with that but tis next to nill now after the green tea-maybe its the combo of the two hmm
Dude I seriously think you are taking too much zinc. Cut that back down to about 30 mgs a day and see what happens and how you feel too. You can take too much zinc and it'll do just the opposite of what it is supposed to do. :)

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
no no--80 mgs is standard--look it up....i mean they come in 50 mg and 100 mg tablets lol....the thing is to consume no more than 100 mgs max--50 mgs come from this supplement im using and 30 from this extra strength saw palmetto formula--ive had great results so far but who knows

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Shinyscalp23 said:
no no--80 mgs is standard--look it up....i mean they come in 50 mg and 100 mg tablets lol....the thing is to consume no more than 100 mgs max--50 mgs come from this supplement im using and 30 from this extra strength saw palmetto formula--ive had great results so far but who knows
Well okay. I am just trying to help. One thing you need to do is make sure you are getting your copper as well. There is a certain ratio to go by as well, when it comes to zinc and copper. For every 10 mgs of zinc you take in you need 1 mg of copper. So if you are taking in 80 mgs. of zinc the you'll need approximately 8 mgs. of copper. Another thing , do not take them both at exaclty the same time. You could take you 8 mgs of copper in morning and you 80 mgs of zinc at night . Just make sure to take them at different times or they'll fight each other for absorption if taken together. And do not take any mineral with fiberous foods, take them at separate times. The minerals will bind with the fiber and you'll basically sh*t it out. :)

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
lol f*** it..im just gonna use minoxidil and take what im taking..i take all my supplements down with my energy pill and coffee in the morning lol--so i prolly sh*t em all out to begin..err end with lol..this is getting too tedious...all these supplements--im ready to get the hot wax out..and start strippin my head..and rename myself cojack jr lol

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Shinyscalp23 said:
lol f*** it..im just gonna use minoxidil and take what im taking..i take all my supplements down with my energy pill and coffee in the morning lol--so i prolly sh*t em all out to begin..err end with lol..this is getting too tedious...all these supplements--im ready to get the hot wax out..and start strippin my head..and rename myself cojack jr lol
Dude, it is okay. I agree. When it comes to the human body, things get tedious. Thats because the human body is so f*****g complex. Living healthy is not easy..................f*** neither is trying to reverse male pattern baldness,LOL!! When people start to discover what it takes to be healthy and all that sh*t, they drop everything cause they thought they were on a good start just taking that multi mineral/ multi vitamin for the day. Nope........it don't work that way. But, if you really are serious about giving your body what it needs, you will strive to do research and study and that is exactly what it takes. Just try to read up on these type of things and apply yourself. You will read some here and there and you'll sometimes get confused, but hang on, you just have to go by feel sometimes. The best thing to do is "do your own research". Find out as much as you can. male pattern baldness is the same way and the more knowledge you gain the better your chances of having a descent head of hair will be. :)

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
y ai i know i totally agree as well..but...male pattern baldness isnt necessarily a sign of bad health--just bringing that up i know you didnt say it was...and taking things that are healthy for your hair will only make your exisiting hair healthier..and those weak minoxidil hairs--i dotn really think theyll help you regrow anything by themselves..and well trust me on this one 80 mg of zinc is in the safe zone...on another note i know ive somehwat sped up my balding process tho--from overcoloring and ovrbleaching--really overdoing it--doing anythign to make it look better in he short term,,,so i know if i just let myself have bad hair/color days for the next few months-and not bleach or dye my hair in the same week or every other week--and use the minoxidil and suppplements for healthy hair--my hair will still look much better 5 months down the road--bleaching and dying it every week or so just cause it to fall out--i mean it will grow back unless the genetic timeclock says its over--but ofcourse minoxidil is doing its thing as well..and for me..well lets just say ive been partying alil too much..and not eating right for most of this year...so for the pst few months ive been juicing my body to help make up for a loss of essential vitamins/nutrients etc and lots of self-abuse--the main reason im taking supplements is because ive lived a very unhealthy lifestyle and i think some of my thinning hair is a reflection of this and not necessarily dht

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Anyway - getting back to this thread - I kinda quit drinking my green tea during the summer months - but since the autumn hit - I'm back up to 2 -3 cups per day.

Plus, (2) 500 mg green tea capsules 2x per day.

Just thought I'd share :nofear:

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for bumping that up hair_tomorrow. Great thread.

I am going to replace coffee with green tea for a month and see how I feel.

I think I will also start taking the capsules as from tomorrow.

Is 1000mg daily the recommended dose?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Red Rose said:
Thanks for bumping that up hair_tomorrow. Great thread.

I am going to replace coffee with green tea for a month and see how I feel.

I think I will also start taking the capsules as from tomorrow.

Is 1000mg daily the recommended dose?

If nothing else - your prostate will thank you for making the switch from coffee. :) Also if you're prone to tooth staining from coffee - the green tea doesn't do that.

The hard-cores like myself go w/ (2) 500 mg green tea caps, 2x per day. So I'm actually doing 2000 mg daily.

I got mine at vitacost.com

1000 mg after breakfast and 1000 mg after lunch.

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I did not notice that this study was ever placed under this post.

The effects of tea polyphenolic compounds on hair loss among rodents.

Esfandiari A, Kelly AP.

Department of Otolaryngology, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, USA. adesfand@cdrewu.edu

The objective of this study was to examine the effects of polyphenolic compounds, present in noncommercially available green tea, on hair loss among rodentts. In an experimental study, we randomly assigned 60female Balb/black mice, which had developed spontaneous hair loss on the head, neck and dorsal areas into two equal groups; A (experimental) and B (control). Group A received 50% fraction of polyphenol extract from dehydrated green tea in their drinking water for six months. Group B received regular drinking water. Both groups were fed regular rodent diets (Purina Rodent Chow 5001) and housed individually in polycarbonate cages. The results showed that 33% of the mice in experimental Group A, who received polyphenol extract in their drinking water, had significant hair regrowth during six months of treatment (p = 0.014). No hair growth was observed among mice in the control group, which received regular water.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Very interesting read.
I didn't know that mice could go bald, too. Do they go bald, in the sense, like male pattern baldness?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
(from yesterday's ABC News)

While previous studies have suggested that green tea can protect smokers against cancer.

Now there's another discovery that shows why smokers should pay close attention to this research.

ABC 2 news health reporter Kelly Swoope has the details.

There's something interesting brewing for smokers who haven't yet kicked the habit.

From reducing the risk of cancer to arthritis to cholesterol, green tea has been the rage.

Now researchers at the University of Rochester have zeroed in on two chemicals in the tea that help protect against harmful cigarette smoke.

"We did experiments with concentrations that would be tobacco smoke constituents."

The researchers tested extracts of green tea on the a-h hydrocarbon receptor a key protein that tobacco relies onto cause cancer. Two of the tea's potent chemical compounds ---- g-c-g and e-g-c...shut down the toxic protein in the cancer cells of mice. Now there's some evidence it may work the same in human cells.

"It’s hard to say what, how effective these concentrations could be in, humans. So there's still a lot more that needs to be done."

"We don't really know how many cups would be effective against how many cigarettes that are smoked for example."

Make no mistake green tea is not an antidote for smoking. Experts say the best thing is to quit, but until then researchers suggest drinking three to four cups of green tea per day to add a little protection.

Kelly Swoope 2 your health.