Really Not Sure What To Do, Some Advice. Thinning Temples And Hairline.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I am 36 - Been on Finastride for I would say 2 years. Been using Minoxidil for 3 years. I would say throughout the whole time I have not had regrowth but it's most likely slowed down the process.

Now I feel it's at the worst it's been. My left template is the most effect and slowly eating into the hairline.

I'm also married and looking to have kids soon so not sure what to do about Finastride tablets, if I can use something else.

At this point I feel my only option is to go for a hair surgical type of option to fill in my templates and hairline. I'm UK based and if I do anything I'm open to going abroad like Turkey or of course doing it within UK.

Can anyone recommend what I should do here?

Some pics attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 11.26.46.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 11.26.46.png
    773.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 11.26.31.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 11.26.31.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 210

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried needling along with minoxidil? If you have the finances then a transplant is another route you could take, demirsoy is a good option

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey guys I am 36 - Been on Finastride for I would say 2 years. Been using Minoxidil for 3 years. I would say throughout the whole time I have not had regrowth but it's most likely slowed down the process.

Now I feel it's at the worst it's been. My left template is the most effect and slowly eating into the hairline.

I'm also married and looking to have kids soon so not sure what to do about Finastride tablets, if I can use something else.

At this point I feel my only option is to go for a hair surgical type of option to fill in my templates and hairline. I'm UK based and if I do anything I'm open to going abroad like Turkey or of course doing it within UK.

Can anyone recommend what I should do here?

Some pics attached.
It's not too bad for your age. Hair transplant surgery seems like your best option. Many men have impregnated their wife while on finasteride.

jazz1

Reaction score
You hair still looks great, what brand Finasteride are you using? Also do you not use any Ketaconazole shampoo?

I agree on the above add a 1MM derma roller, also what about trying 15% minoxidil with added Topical Finasteride and anti androgen blockers to target those thin areas for better results.

I am from the UK and buy the 15% with all the added ingredients from America and have maintained for over 10 years.

I also use Divine Herbal oils from this thread that help a lot, you can possibly stabilise further and regrow.....

Divine Herbal Oils

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/my-results-with-divine-herbal-hair-oil.64011/

Check my thread 15% Minoxidil/Topical Finasteride mixture:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...oxidil-finasteride-mixture-check-here.126633/

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For Finastride, I'm using 1MG from these guys - Manual.co

I stopped it for 2 weeks on recommendation from my hair doctor who put me on Finastride in the first place around 2-3 years ago. I do feel already my hair is taking a hit, this is today - left template is worst - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytyp8ha863rndu8/IMG_3298.MOV?dl=0

I have a Ketoconazole shampoo - I have Nizoral I use once every other day.

jazz1

Reaction score
I've ordered the Divine Herbal Oils

Does that mean if I use that, I stop minoxidil?

Hey NO, Divine oils are a good addition to the BIG3, so why not consider Topical Finasteride for less side effects?

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey NO, Divine oils are a good addition to the BIG3, so why not consider Topical Finasteride for less side effects?

I've contacted that company you advised for topical.

Their website is terrible and really outdated. I've sent them my situation and I'm waiting for them to reply. What would be the product in your case based on what you saw you would recommend for me from their list?

jazz1

Reaction score
I've contacted that company you advised for topical.

Their website is terrible and really outdated. I've sent them my situation and I'm waiting for them to reply. What would be the product in your case based on what you saw you would recommend for me from their list?

What are you currently using? 15% minoxidil would give better results and you can combine that with 5%. The 5% version they sell is cheaper, the prices are set as per thread but you can add all the ingredients. I agree the prescription site is confusing, where are you from?

I use:
Lotion
15% Minoxidil
0.1% Finasteride
5% Azelaic Acid
0.25% Progesterone
0.025% Tretinoin
0.1% Hydocortisone

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm from London

I don't know what half those ingredients are. You mean you have to tell them what you want and they make custom lotions?

But we are not professionals in the medical field, how can we say what we want. I want need a professional to advise on that based on my situation.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm usually using twice a day Rogaine foam Minoxidil and 1mg finastride

Though I stopped both for 2 weeks now as a Dr. recommended me to stop due to wanting to have a baby with my wife. Really confusing.