Really High Dht And Low T, Don't Know What To Do

James_Page

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, basically, I have a receding hairline with miniaturization and shedding at 22 years old, but literally no genetics for balding on both sides of family. In the exams my DHT showed as 1200ng in a scale of 300 to 900 and my testosterone was 300 where the minimum was 280 (although in a previous exam it was lower). This sucks cause I have the worst of both worlds. sh*t mood and erections, low libido, but balding. Anyways, this balding thing is making me really anxious and sad, so I thought about starting on finasteride just to see if it helps, but I'm afraid this would be a bad choice as my hair loss is not thaaaat bad yet. Do you guys think that because I have high dht it would avoid the symptoms? Or because of the low t I would surely have symptoms from the finasteride? Also, should I investigate the possible causes (if there's any) for this hormonal imbalance or is this completely normal? Sorry for the long post, I'm just very upset about my shitty luck.

Baldingbob123456

My Regimen
Reaction score
Based off of your hormone status and my understanding of hormones, I think a dht blocker would be your best friend. My initial impression of reading your post was that you have a very high conversion rate of test to dht. In other words you have a very active 5a-reductase activity converting all your test to dht. I mean 1200 ng of dht is high af bro. And 300 test is border line hypogonadic. I think you’d respond nicely to finasteride or duta. Check in with your doctor and even show them this post. I’m sure they’d agree with me

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dht and T are fluctuants (in a -significant way-) during the day, before saying its an hormonal imbalance you should check androstenedion, prl, estradiol etc
and then you can consider get them in balance

in particular, if I may say, precursor as androstenedione is a much more reliable way to check you sexual hormones

Last edited:

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What the f*** is going on that 22year olds have testosterone levels of 70 years old grandpas.

Anyways, timing is crucial with an antiandrogen. Finasteride will probably maintain if you're lucky and nothing more.

James_Page

My Regimen
Reaction score
Based off of your hormone status and my understanding of hormones, I think a dht blocker would be your best friend. My initial impression of reading your post was that you have a very high conversion rate of test to dht. In other words you have a very active 5a-reductase activity converting all your test to dht. I mean 1200 ng of dht is high af bro. And 300 test is border line hypogonadic. I think you’d respond nicely to finasteride or duta. Check in with your doctor and even show them this post. I’m sure they’d agree with me

Thanks, man. Yeah I guess I'll respond better to finasteride, maybe without side effects. But I have to do this without my Doctor knowing, cause she is totally against finasteride hahaha.

James_Page

My Regimen
Reaction score
dht and T are fluctuants (in a -significant way-) during the day, before saying its an hormonal imbalance you should check androstenedion, prl, estradiol etc
and then you can consider get them in balance

in particular, if I may say, precursor as androstenedione is a much more reliable way to check you sexual hormones

Thanks for this, I'll try to investigate those hormones too, I don't think I got tested for those.

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you do steroids?

So, basically, I have a receding hairline with miniaturization and shedding at 22 years old, but literally no genetics for balding on both sides of family. In the exams my DHT showed as 1200ng in a scale of 300 to 900 and my testosterone was 300 where the minimum was 280 (although in a previous exam it was lower). This sucks cause I have the worst of both worlds. sh*t mood and erections, low libido, but balding. Anyways, this balding thing is making me really anxious and sad, so I thought about starting on finasteride just to see if it helps, but I'm afraid this would be a bad choice as my hair loss is not thaaaat bad yet. Do you guys think that because I have high dht it would avoid the symptoms? Or because of the low t I would surely have symptoms from the finasteride? Also, should I investigate the possible causes (if there's any) for this hormonal imbalance or is this completely normal? Sorry for the long post, I'm just very upset about my shitty luck.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What the f*** is going on that 22year olds have testosterone levels of 70 years old grandpas.

Anyways, timing is crucial with an antiandrogen. Finasteride will probably maintain if you're lucky and nothing more.

I see you added minoxidil and rolling, any results yet?

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
Because you can take steroids which increase DHT then they shutdown natural Testosterone to that low plus Hairloss. It's just a question.