Realistic expectation of a norwood 6....

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hatprisoner said:
look at James Gandolfini's hair (link : http://graphics7.nytimes.com/images/200 ... _large.jpg:
and I would give anything to have what he has. He's balding but has a lot more hair than me especially in the top, back and sides.

Its been mentioned on here that he is a great candidate for a hair transplant. Still has some hair on top and very high on the sides, crown is not to big. Assuming he had an average donor density (and it certainly looks like it) he could get a pretty decent NW2.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Remember that post the other day on the hairloss discussion section?
Deaner said that NW6's should give up and forget about trying to get back a little tuft of hair because "You'll never be able to convince anyone, not even a nearly blind person that your not losing your hair".

Well here is the view of a nw6 :
HatPrisoner91 said:
I'm not looking for a full head of hair. I'm realistic.
I mean I look at James Gandolfini's hair (link : http://graphics7.nytimes.com/images/200 ... _large.jpg:
and I would give anything to have what he has. He's balding but has a lot more hair than me especially in the top, back and sides.

You see its not about convincing people that you're not losing your hair, its about being in a better situation than the one you're already in.
You always want more hair wether you're a nw2 or a nw7. And the worse your hairloss is the lower your standards drop.
Its something that all you young guys losing it should bear in mind. If you hate your hair as a nw2 or 3 the chances are in a few years you'll be wishing you could get back to that level.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well I think that makes sense no?

Let say you get injured and hurt your shoulder. You want it to be healthy no? But you have pain and stuff in there. Now imagine you had an accident and completely lost the arm? You wouldn't just love to have the arm back at all, even if some pain? Same principle here.

Ive given up the idea of a full head of hair. I mean if in years some miraculous thing comes then fine but I'm not even thinking about that. I just want to get some good coverage in some areas. As much as I can. If that means being a Norwood 3 or Norwood 4 so be it, you know?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
The only scenario I could imagine in which hair transplant doctors would ever consider reducing their prices is if a far superior procedure came out that would almost make hair transplants obsolete. In which case hair transplant surgeons would probably abandon hair transplant forever and train to be able to perform the new procedure. Go where the money is- makes sense. :devil:

s.a.f

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
The only scenario I could imagine in which hair transplant doctors would ever consider reducing their prices is if a far superior procedure came out that would almost make hair transplants obsolete. In which case hair transplant surgeons would probably abandon hair transplant forever and train to be able to perform the new procedure. Go where the money is- makes sense. :devil:

I think hair transplant development has pretty much reached its limits, I cant see that its possible for hair transplant surgeons to reduce their prices (apart from Armani). Unless there is some new technique found that will vastly speed up the whole process (and I cant imagine anything).
But I still believe it will be a long time before anything comes along to replace it.

IBM

Reaction score
s.a.f. He will need a lot of donor hair to reach NW2. What will look like his hairstyle after he get his hair transplant? He will be satisfied?

HatPrisioner you've been long time a NW6 so you could spend your money at something that will change your life. For example a business of your own.

s.a.f

Reaction score
IBM said:
s.a.f. He will need a lot of donor hair to reach NW2. What will look like his hairstyle after he get his hair transplant? He will be satisfied?

Yes obviously it will take his entire donor supply and the end hair will probably not be great, but its that or a bald head. And as we've been saying thats what its all about for a 'proper' bald man, looking, feeling better about what you've got.

IBM

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
IBM said:

Yes obviously it will take his entire donor supply and the end hair will probably not be great, but its that or a bald head. And as we've been saying thats what its all about for a 'proper' bald man, looking, feeling better about what you've got.

So he'll walk in the street with bald donor hair and crappy hair on top. I think he should not get an hair transplant. He have a good head shape and it's not small so it feets well in him.

HatPrisioner think others things that can improve your image. For example wearing nice suits and fine casual clothes. Doing sport or get a business of your own. If you can get money for an hair transplant then you can get money for those things.

19477_2.jpg

statham-i.jpg

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:

I don't know. I mean if used a ton of body hair, wouldn't some coverage be better than none at all. I'm past growing my hair out. I would keep it buzzed short but at least the area with only skin would have hair on them.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I think the important thing to remember about hair transplants ( and especially in your case HP) is quality over quantity. I know you aren't expecting full coverage and you expressed being happy with just more hair, but a bad hair transplant is a hard thing to cover up. If you can get the crown and about half the area on top, that would be sufficient.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I think hair transplant development has pretty much reached its limits, I cant see that its possible for hair transplant surgeons to reduce their prices (apart from Armani). Unless there is some new technique found that will vastly speed up the whole process (and I cant imagine anything).
But I still believe it will be a long time before anything comes along to replace it.[/quote]

10 to 15 years.

s.a.f

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
s.a.f said:

I don't know. I mean if used a ton of body hair, wouldn't some coverage be better than none at all. I'm past growing my hair out. I would keep it buzzed short but at least the area with only skin would have hair on them.

BHT is unreliable at best, only a few surgeons do it and it can be very unnatural looking, not to mention it costs much more than a normal hair transplant.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
YIKES! Body hair transplant- thats the stuff jokes are made of. Body hair has totally different properties than head hair. Who wants to sport pubes and *** hair on top of their head? :crazy:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Sorry prisoner, I have a gorilla torso myself. Ironic that we have hair everywhere except where we need it. I realize you are just considering different options.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Sorry prisoner, I have a gorilla torso myself. Ironic that we have hair everywhere except where we need it. I realize you are just considering different options.

And apparently THIS option is not acceptable to you. We get it!