Realistic expectation of a norwood 6....

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't want to get into all the issues I am having but I wondered what the hair transplant experts think/know.

What is a reasonable expectation of a man with a NW6 to get from FUE's and BHT's. I know that I can't get a full head of hair and don't expect that.

Is it reasonable to expect to get a Norwood 3 or Norwood 4 level? Is that realistic? I don't know that much about this stuff other than some. I haven't researched this is great detail or anything.

Thanks a lot!

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not an expert on hair transplant but it depends on having viable donor hair. THe bigger the number of grafts, and better the quality of donor hair, the better the results.

If you're a NW6 the likely cost of the operation and the likely limited improvement from the results leads me to think you'd be better off just getting a piece.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
iamnaked said:
I'm not an expert on hair transplant but it depends on having viable donor hair. THe bigger the number of grafts, and better the quality of donor hair, the better the results.

If you're a NW6 the likely cost of the operation and the likely limited improvement from the results leads me to think you'd be better off just getting a piece.

I wish I knew a doctor personally who could "hook me up" just to try it. I obviously can't pay for something like this. In terms of my donor, I have been told that I have pretty thick hair and good body hair.

s.a.f

Reaction score
A good NW2 is possible if you have the donor and go to a good surgeon. But for a NW6 strip is the only viable option. FUE would take too many sessions and cost a fortune.
Look at Hassan and Wong rep Jotronic who's had 8,000 grafts, or their recent patient London lad who had 11,000+ grafts. Both former NW6's.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
A good NW2 is possible if you have the donor and go to a good surgeon. But for a NW6 strip is the only viable option. FUE would take too many sessions and cost a fortune.
Look at Hassan and Wong rep Jotronic who's had 8,000 grafts, or their recent patient London lad who had 11,000+ grafts. Both former NW6's.

I don't think I would ever do strip. If the results aren't what I want, I would want to keep shaving my head and with the scar, that is impossible. I will check out those posters threads though and see their results.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
hatprisoner

i really think you should set your sights on getting a mega session strip procedure from hasson and wong.........their work is amazing and the results speak for themselves.You could save the money in one year by working a very ordinary job.

If you are prepared to do the work
and have the ambition then your whole life could turn around over the next 18 months to 2 years.

stick with this forum and always seek advice from the members here :)

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
libertine said:
hatprisoner

i really think you should set your sights on getting a mega session strip procedure from hasson and wong.........their work is amazing and the results speak for themselves.You could save the money in one year by working a very ordinary job.

and have the ambition then your whole life could turn around over the next 18 months to 2 years.

I am trying. Every day I am trying.

I don't think I would even get a strip. There is too much risk. If the results don't come in, I'm stuck with a scar. That would be MUCH worse than what I am going through now. At least with FUE and BHT, if the results stink, then I am in no real worse situation than now, minus some body hair that wont' be missed.

Yeah I like this forum. People seem really helpful and nice here.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
libertine said:
hatprisoner

I am trying. Every day I am trying.

I don't think I would even get a strip. There is too much risk. If the results don't come in, I'm stuck with a scar. That would be MUCH worse than what I am going through now. At least with FUE and BHT, if the results stink, then I am in no real worse situation than now, minus some body hair that wont' be missed.

Yeah I like this forum. People seem really helpful and nice here.

ahuh people here are!

i completely understand what you mean about a strip scar but it also possible to have a scar filled in with fue.Really do your homework and speak to and meet past patients of REPUTABLE surgeons,get advice from them and also send pics/consult with every top hair transplant place there is.....a few to start would be Dr Feller,Dr Rahal,Hasson and Wong,Armani (especially if you choose fue) :)

one of the best results out there,look where he was and where he is now

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/jotronic/

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Does he still post here? I would like to talk with him.

I checked his pics but I don't see any photos from now. Last one was in like 2003 or something and doesn't look like anything grew in.

The other problem is how I would even pay for it. If you read my "story" on the main page, you will know what I mean. I'm in a bad way.

s.a.f

Reaction score
FUE and BHT for a NW6 would be phenomenally expensive. Especially if your thinking of Armani. And only a few surgeons dabble with BHT. Looks to me like you'll either have to take the plunge with strip or forget about it.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
FUE and BHT for a NW6 would be phenomenally expensive. Especially if your thinking of Armani. And only a few surgeons dabble with BHT. Looks to me like you'll either have to take the plunge with strip or forget about it.

It's amazing that people can a whole new nose and almost change their face and it doesn't even cost nearly as much.

s.a.f

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
s.a.f said:

It's amazing that people can a whole new nose and almost change their face and it doesn't even cost nearly as much.

You've got to realise that this is a very complex procedure requiring many time consuming techniques and a high level of staff. In comparison a nose job ect is very quick and straight forwards. No doubt hair transplant's are very expensive but theres simply noway that they can be done cheaply.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
You've got to realise that this is a very complex procedure requiring many time consuming techniques and a high level of staff. In comparison a nose job ect is very quick and straight forwards. No doubt hair transplant's are very expensive but theres simply noway that they can be done cheaply.

At the same time, if hair transplant fails, the risks aren't as high as a face lift. I mean you are really getting in there for some of these "cosmetic procedures." I mean if you are bald, you get an hair transplant, ok it doesn't come out well. Regular cosmetic can end up making you look like Michael Jackson or that woman with the cat face. Ewwww!

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
ewwwwwww cat faceeeeeee!

antonio666

Reaction score
hatprisoner, iunderstand why you don,t want the scar as you say that you currently shave your hair down but your only real option is to have both FUSS and FUE together to give you the best coverage and yes i think a norwood 2 is possible if you go down that route.
best of luck with your choice

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Antonio,

What is FUSS? Is that the regular strip surgery?

I don't even have to ge to a NW2. If I could get to a Norwood 3 or even Norwood 4 with the FUE and BHT, I would be happy.

I have gotten past the point of wanting a ful head of hair. I just want there to be a good amount less "head". I would be perfectly content of keeping a military style buzz cut if I had to (I don't look good in one but it's better than what i have now) if I had a good amount more hair there.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You seriously have to reconsider your thoughts about strip procedures. First of all, the top doctors leave scars that are so small you can barely see them. Second, even if everything goes bad (which is highly unlikely with a top doctor - you would be the first case of failure) you can have a small, costless FUE procedure to cover the scar.

4000-5000 grafts can give you a very decent result. You can have it in one sessions with strip and a cost of around 15,000 dollars(maybe a little more) or you can have it in 3 FUE sessions with a cost of 45,000-50,000 thousand dollars. You understand that actually FUE is not an option for you unless you can pay that much.

And the most important: FUE is not yet fully proven procedure, and there are doctors who question the growth rates of hairs transplanted through FUE.

So here it is: Strip: affordable, and you can get better results. FUE: expensive, not suitable for large number of grafts and risky.

IBM

Reaction score
HatPrisioner you should look first at NW6 hair transplant results.