Reactivated My Dating Profiles, Trying To Be Enthusiastic Without Being Obsessed

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
For the next few weeks, I'm taking a vacation from posting. I just have too much going on, and I need to focus.

I'd like to thank everybody for their counsel and interest through to this point.

I do hope that you will update us.

I have been on a rampage of late. Several new numbers, matches, and prospects. I've extinguished some others. Burnt deadwood. A few dates and casual hangs ahead this week.

I am also aiming at minimum, cold approach 3x per day. Usually, it is more. A lot more on the weekends of course.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
1)
You're not gonna make it.
I'm making it. 80% of what needs to be written has been written.

2) @swingline747 , I tried to make friends with that woman that you suggested that I make friends with, where she closed with "I'd be fine to hang out". It was a mistake. I experienced a second humiliation by her rejecting that advance. Moreover she was a b**ch about it, she didn't just say no, she just deleted/blocked me.
And before anyone asks, no, I did not nag her, nor did I insult her, nor criticize her.

3) I feel bad about the woman that I'm seeing. I think that she likes me more than I like her, so I feel compelled to break up with her to prevent pain further down the road. I don't want to do it, this conversation will suck.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
1)

2) @swingline747 , I tried to make friends with that woman that you suggested that I make friends with, where she closed with "I'd be fine to hang out". It was a mistake. I experienced a second humiliation by her rejecting that advance. Moreover she was a b**ch about it, she didn't just say no, she just deleted/blocked me.
And before anyone asks, no, I did not nag her, nor did I insult her, nor criticize her.

3) I feel bad about the woman that I'm seeing. I think that she likes me more than I like her, so I feel compelled to break up with her to prevent pain further down the road. I don't want to do it, this conversation will suck.

Screw her then, you tried

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1)

Honestly this is a time to be selfish. Gets as much sexual experience as you can with this woman, it will be invaluable.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1)

why dont you like the woman you're seeing?

man even more evidence that lowering standards is absolute sh*t

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I broke up with my GF today. I met her outside her apartment (we're almost neighbors) and the conversation went approximately like this:

"_______, we need to talk."
"OK" she said
"We've been together a month, now? And I like you. But the romantic connection isn't strong enough to justify going further."
"OK. That's fine, if that's how you feel. I wasn't 100% in either. Given this, I don't think that we should go out tonight."
"All right, I'm sorry, good luck ______"
"Bye D."
Hug goodbye, and she walked back into her apartment.

I dreaded the entire conversation on the walk there and in fact during the entire day and the days leading up to it. What I feel is exactly what I wrote, I like her but don't love her. Is it irrational to break up with somebody over that reason? I might never even feel love again anyway? I don't know. I worried about her as she seemed to like me a lot.

We've only been together a month, and I don't even remember all of our dates easily. I could figure it out but it would take effort.

I wasn't sure if I did the right thing breaking up in person. That delayed the breakup (as we were both busy this week), and maybe doing it over the phone would have been faster for both of us. I did it in person because I aspire to be a good person, but that may have been a dick move in practice.

I hope that she's all right.

I just realized that I'm likely to see her again as she has a blu ray that I lent her. If I don't hear back from her within 2 or 3 weeks I'll ask her for the disk back.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I might also need to break up with this forum. The level of discussion has gone to sh*t with all of the bans and departures.

all you guys need to somehow get in touch with each other (fred, rudiger, johnson, hb, mac, etc etc) and maybe start your own forum, or join another one, where you can continue with all these chats

im sure it can be done

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I might also need to break up with this forum. The level of discussion has gone to sh*t with all of the bans and departures.

I made it.
Ok. That's fine, if that's how you feel. I wasn't 100% percent in either. Given this, I don't think I can read any more of your new posts. But I still want a bro hug from you. And I am not giving back anything I borrowed from you.:D

Wait, I changed my mine. I don't want you to break up. I can't live without your posts. Don't punish me just because the level of discussion has gone to sh*t and you miss your great debates with former banned members.You and I can still talk about season 3 of Daredevil. And @Joan ,@sunchyme1, @Wolf Pack , and @shookwun would not want you to leave either.

blackg

Reaction score
all you guys need to somehow get in touch with each other (fred, rudiger, johnson, hb, mac, etc etc) and maybe start your own forum, or join another one, where you can continue with all these chats

im sure it can be done
Welcome back.
Be proud of your heritage!
Rule, Britannia.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
wait a minute did you have sex with this girlfriend?

its not really a girlfriend if you havent laid the pipe

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
wtf since when did u have gf

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
A friend that is a girl= a girl friend
A girl friend that you have dated a month=girlfriend
A girlfriend you had sex with=Lover
A lover you have lived with for 1 year or more=common law wife:D